8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

11 minutes ago, Ghoul said:

There’s no proof of 8350s being moved from FG and 103rd both garages are getting them duh…

The buses are not released to the garages in numerical order. 103rd is currently getting all of the remaining buses in the initial 8350-8449 range (irrespective of their numbering).

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

103rd should get a bulk of the #8400s, that's all that is left at SS currently give or take a few #8350s. 

Probably the reason fg has a few #8400's is because a few #8350"s are missing. (Like #8362) But I only counted 90 buses delivered so where are the other 10 because 103rd can only receive 40 buses. 

33 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

#8386 has debuted today on the #80, escaping the 103rd radar. Dont know why 103rd got #8383 and #8388. Maybe they can swap for a couple #8400's in the future.

It seems the plan was just make sure FG got new buses first to knock out the remaining 6400s on the roster, and they sent up whatever buses they could free up first in the yard regardless of fleet number. And now 103rd is basically receiving what's left taking into account what @YoungBusLover mentioned above that FG has apparently reached the number CTA had in mind to initially give them (or is getting close to doing so).

• Upvote 1

Guest ChicagoRail
On 8/25/2022 at 9:18 PM, RJL6000 said:

The buses are not released to the garages in numerical order. 103rd is currently getting all of the remaining buses in the initial 8350-8449 range (irrespective of their numbering).

Ok gotcha!

7 minutes ago, jajuan said:

It seems the plan was just make sure FG got new buses first to knock out the remaining 6400s on the roster, and they sent up whatever buses they could free up first in the yard regardless of fleet number. And now 103rd is basically receiving what's left taking into account what @YoungBusLover mentioned above that FG has apparently reached the number CTA had in mind to initially give them (or is getting close to doing so).

Fg officially has 50 now, but 103rd can only get 40 cause that's all I saw at SS. I need to take a trip over there and see if there's movement on the fence, the #600's are coming out of cold storage too!!

6 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Which basically brings up the question why FG and 103 had the 200 lowest numbered 1000s, but given that, the 2 garages getting the 8350s makes sense.

I suppose once the electric buses get into regular service, some high number 1000s will go from C to somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Fg officially has 50 now, but 103rd can only get 40 cause that's all I saw at SS. I need to take a trip over there and see if there's movement on the fence, the #600's are coming out of cold storage too!!

I assume you mean for now, unless you are assuming Nova is going to default on the last 10.

19 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Depends what is wrong with them but it's serious enough to not leave NY. Probably waiting on parts. 

Again, why are you deprecating the product? Do you have access to the production control system?

27 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Which basically brings up the question why FG and 103 had the 200 lowest numbered 1000s, but given that, the 2 garages getting the 8350s makes sense.

I suppose once the electric buses get into regular service, some high number 1000s will go from C to somewhere else.

That brings up the question of whether the reason 1500s being moved to 103rd from FG instead of low numbered 1000s was to ensure that FG got its next 50 out of the next 100 8350s.

35 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

If there's 40 at SS, there's definitely been sightings if some 8350s in service on 103rd routes, it seems like they will have their 50.  

I counted at least 15-20 left at SS most are sitting along the SS fence on 79th,A few lower #8400s were sitting on the west side of Vincennes (#8402 and #8407), I saw #8441 and #8444 earlier in the week in one of the maintenance bays. I remember seeing #8404 in the boneyard along with #8386 but i'll take another look in the boneyard today and see what's there. 103rd should have at least 15 - 20 buses by now though. 

45 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

im thinking 103rd gets 8400-8449 but some 8350’s are already at 103rd (8383 8388 8390) and 8426 8431 8432 

And we know 8401. 8420 and 8421 are at FG.  The question is will CTA even bother to do the necessary swaps to align the blocks, considering they could have just sent these buses to the "right" garage from jump.