8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

On 8/11/2022 at 9:43 AM, busfan2847 said:

So previously cta did allocate different number series, now they do not!

In this one instance, in terms of not starting off a totally new series of fleet numbers, you are technically correct. Technically CTA could have started the 2022 Novas off with 8400 to make it more clear they're a different series from the 7900s. Instead, they began the series off with the very next fleet number behind the last 7900. Therein lies the confusion. But they are indeed a different series of buses since they put out a request for bids and awarded a separate contract than the 7900s. The fact that these very well could have been Xcelsiors had New Flyer been the lowest bidder, as some of us hoped, tells you that these are a different series.

My own first in person sightings of 8350s: 8398 on the 84 (the rear shot) and 8361 on the 206 just before it left Howard terminal. Sorry for the crappy angles, but I had to hurry up and snap 8398 before it pulled away from the bus stop and 8361 was about to leave right when the 147 I was on was pulling into the terminal ??

IMG_20220815_164740144.jpg

IMG_20220815_155715413.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ajm522 said:

I have noticed with the new Novas is the digital screens don't work, they show the map of the bus but not the arrival times. It just says either this bus is off route or is having a connection issue.

i only rode 8370 and 8371 so far. both had that issue. ima try and ride another 8350 on a faster route to see if that hissing sound from 8371 when the bus was speeding up is in all the novas or its just something up with 8371

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

i only rode 8370 and 8371 so far. both had that issue. ima try and ride another 8350 on a faster route to see if that hissing sound from 8371 when the bus was speeding up is in all the novas or its just something up with 8371

I caught your video showing that hissing sound problem. From what I saw of other transit enthusiasts' videos 8371 seems to be the only one with that hiss/buzz during acceleration.

7 hours ago, jajuan said:

I caught your video showing that hissing sound problem. From what I saw of other transit enthusiasts' videos 8371 seems to be the only one with that hiss/buzz during acceleration.

Yea I remember you mentioned that in a earlier post. Hopefully none of the other buses have it because then that will ruin my reputation or these buses and I would prefer a different replacement than these

10 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Just spoke to a close friend of mine who works out of FG complaints are coming in everyday from drivers to the manager for the 8350’s so far there’s over 40 complaints 

As in drivers crying about wanting to pull one out or complaints of some about the bus