2003 is currently on the 93.

26 minutes ago, patman119 said:

1955 is currently on the 50. 

1999 is currently on the 22.

2003 is currently on the 93.

Looks like NP may be short on busses. 

5 hours ago, ajm522 said:

Looks like NP may be short on busses. 

Given it had at least two FG NFs yesterday morning, it seems that may be the case. And it would seem to be short on 40 footers from the looks of it.

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Given it had at least two FG NFs yesterday morning, it seems that may be the case. And it would seem to be short on 40 footers from the looks of it.

They must be short quite a bit because I've seen more of Chicago Garage buses at North Park. So far yesterday and today, I've seen 1940, 1948, 1955, 1999, 2003, and 2006 on their routes.

I also noticed 1925 on the 4. 

2 hours ago, patman119 said:

They must be short quite a bit because I've seen more of Chicago Garage buses at North Park. So far yesterday and today, I've seen 1940, 1948, 1955, 1999, 2003, and 2006 on their routes.

I also noticed 1925 on the 4. 

Yeah for some odd reason they are. 1925 must of been 77th/SS just using whatever they had on hand. 

1800 on the 84 this evening.

1931 on 36 Broadway right now. Could be a loan or maybe a sign of some swaps for spring pick. 

2 hours ago, ajm522 said:

1931 on 36 Broadway right now. Could be a loan or maybe a sign of some swaps for spring pick. 

From the looks of it, it's simply a loan. Nothing else appears to be out of place among the 1000s.

On 3/25/2017 at 8:07 PM, jajuan said:

From the looks of it, it's simply a loan. Nothing else appears to be out of place among the 1000s.

Chicago may have given NP some of its busses for spring pick. 1932 on 50 Damen. 

4 hours ago, ajm522 said:

and 1930 on 22. 1933 is however on 20

7 hours ago, ajm522 said:

3 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

and 1930 on 22. 1933 is however on 20

Both observations still make things inconclusive. It could be Chicago gave a few buses up for spring pick extending NP's upper end of NF 40 footers to 1932, but by it being so few buses it could still likely be a loan of buses instead of an actual reassignment. 

On 3/27/2017 at 3:14 PM, jajuan said:

Both observations still make things inconclusive. It could be Chicago gave a few buses up for spring pick extending NP's upper end of NF 40 footers to 1932, but by it being so few buses it could still likely be a loan of buses instead of an actual reassignment. 

Looks like C did give up some buses. I just saw C's 1928 on #49B.

9 hours ago, dann said:

Looks like C did give up some buses. I just saw C's 1928 on #49B.

Thinking back on it, it does kind of make sense in that C has been overstacked a bit with buses for quite a well since at least the point it first got 7900 series Novas. Its purging of artics at the start of the previous winter pick didn't really alleviate that issue. 

Just saw 1563 at 69th and western heading northbound. Im not sure if it was a 74th or NP run cause I didn't catch the run number but maybe more bus transfers perhaps?

Kedzie looks to be running out of buses 

4014 on the 7

4005 & 4024 on the 52

4205 on the 82

The routes may just be getting more crowded

14 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Just saw 1563 at 69th and western heading northbound. Im not sure if it was a 74th or NP run cause I didn't catch the run number but maybe more bus transfers perhaps?

I thought #1563 was Forest Glen's. 

11 hours ago, garmon757 said:

I thought #1563 was Forest Glen's. 

#1563 is still assigned to Forest Glen in the rosters. I either rode or saw #1562 on #152 yesterday and the individual bustracker of @byroncheng's showed #1563 on #49 Western yesterday. Looking today, #1563 is on #56, so probably a temporary loan to NP or 74th.

15 hours ago, XE NewFlyer said:

4014 on the 7

4005 & 4024 on the 52

4205 on the 82

Ive noticed 21 has seen an artic back to back the last few days as well.  Always on the same run.  

4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Ive noticed 21 has seen an artic back to back the last few days as well.  Always on the same run.  

That makes me curious as to how often the #60 has artics. The only artic I've ever seen on there was over 2 years ago, and I ride that route often, but not during the rush.

44 minutes ago, KedziePink said:

That makes me curious as to how often the #60 has artics. The only artic I've ever seen on there was over 2 years ago, and I ride that route often, but not during the rush.

None I've seen so far.  Outside of the usual weekday assignments they'll show up on #7, #52, #82 and most recently the run on #21. It always shows up on the run with block ID 21-211 or something

On 4/14/2017 at 8:35 PM, XE NewFlyer said:

4014 on the 7

4005 & 4024 on the 52

4205 on the 82

The spread of artics out on routes that don't usually see them much on a weekday may have been from folks looking to leave work early due to it being Good Friday. Traffic reporters had been saying there was going to be a lot of that Friday around the city. And as such Metra was also getting prepared by beefing up afternoon off peak service leading into the PM rush. Getting back to Kedzie though, the #12 also had a few extra artics on Friday, which I chalked it up to them wanting to help the 40 footers from being overwhelmed by any downtown workers going home early as well as UIC students doing the same. Also a lot of folks had the day off, so there's also the possible uptick for travel due to recreation events that may played a part in that too. 

6 hours ago, jajuan said:

The spread of artics out on routes that don't usually see them much on a weekday may have been from folks looking to leave work early due to it being Good Friday. Traffic reporters had been saying there was going to be a lot of that Friday around the city. And as such Metra was also getting prepared by beefing up afternoon off peak service leading into the PM rush. Getting back to Kedzie though, the #12 also had a few extra artics on Friday, which I chalked it up to them wanting to help the 40 footers from being overwhelmed by any downtown workers going home early as well as UIC students doing the same. Also a lot of folks had the day off, so there's also the possible uptick for travel due to recreation events that may played a part in that too. 

Eh to be honest those artic sightings have been for like a week or two.  #52 has been seeing s random artic or two along with #21 has seen one pop out for some days.  Kinda like 103rd with #29 and #28 seeing a few in the week now. 

8 hours ago, jajuan said:

The spread of artics out on routes that don't usually see them much on a weekday may have been from folks looking to leave work early due to it being Good Friday

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Eh to be honest those artic sightings have been for like a week or two.  #52 has been seeing s random artic or two along with #21 has seen one pop out for some days.  Kinda like 103rd with #29 and #28 seeing a few in the week now. 

Maybe it is more than likely that after pulling them off 66, they have too much.

6 hours ago, Sam92 said:

But if you really think about it seeing an artic or two on the 82 at K or on the 28 or 29 are not all that unusual given that we've seen it before even before CTA decided they were going to do 77th style artic purge at C. The others aren't quite as unusual either if you add in the school trip factor. 

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

Maybe it is more than likely that after pulling them off 66, they have too much.

Spreading out to an even larger picture, you and I both made this point when that decision was first reported. That's unless anyone wants to argue that K and 103rd especially wouldn't at some point find themselves struggling to find something to do with so many excess artics with K now at 75 and 103rd at about 90 give or take and both having been shown by Maths22's tracker before the C artic purge to really need no more than 40 on average during the busiest part of each rush period on a typical weekday. And that's not even counting that even with C casting off its artics and having them spread out among K, P and 103rd that the usual artic routes have not gone totally free of 40 foot buses. 6, J14, and 26, the main routes heavily artic populated routes at 103rd, still see occasional 40 foot NFs during part of the day. K still sends occasional 1000s out on the 125, 134, 143, 125, and 156 on weekdays. While for NP, artic deployment patterns have not really changed much and its usual artic routes still see 40 foot buses at times that artics handle most of the service coverage. 147 had at least three 1000s yesterday for example on the latter point, while 135 and 136 still operate with mostly 40 foot buses in PM rush as an example of the former point.

Ummm why is #1590 on #93 right now??? #1848 and #1918 are on #86 while #1931 (Well I'll be damned) is on #68! #1896 is on #85.