CTA Bus Rapid Transit (take two)

BusHunter

I can tell you in an hour or two when I head in to work

I saw, what I believe was 4105 at Desplaines/Washington at 645 this morning, when I exited the e-way. The first thing that caught my eye was how clean the wheels were. So, let the sightings and comments begin.

Over the years Fall has been the season for not only cooler weather and leaf-peeping, but also spotting the arrival of new equipment.

I saw, what I believe was 4105 at Desplaines/Washington at 645 this morning, when I exited the e-way. The first thing that caught my eye was how clean the wheels were. So, let the sightings and comments begin.

Over the years Fall has been the season for not only cooler weather and leaf-peeping, but also spotting the arrival of new equipment.

4083 and 4089 are both wrapped and in service on the J14 this morning (4083 changed onto a 192).

So they are still using the buses on other routes besides the now J14 despite them being wrapped for Jump service.

People were saying that 192 was a substitute for a deadhead on 14, so what are they supposed to do? Have 2 unnecessary deadheads?

People were saying that 192 was a substitute for a deadhead on 14, so what are they supposed to do? Have 2 unnecessary deadheads?

Calm down sir. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I was just making note that they kept the interline going with the 192 and answered the question posed weeks ago of if the wrapped artics would still get used for other routes beyond the J14 as had been getting done when the route still had the designation Jefferey Express. A more important question is are people noticing any significant time savings under the new route configuration?

And apparently this didn't mean the end of 40 foot buses on the route so far now that it has transitioned to Jefferey Jump. 1484 is heading downtown as a J14 as I write this post. Seeing it on Bustracker and not physically so no I wouldn't be able to say if that bus is in a wrap as the artics in service on the route were reported to be.

Calm down sir. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I was just making note that they kept the interline going with the 192 and answered the question posed weeks ago of if the wrapped artics would still get used for other routes beyond the J14 as had been getting done when the route still had the designation Jefferey Express. A more important question is are people noticing any significant time savings under the new route configuration?

Made it downtown 10 min quicker and that was without the bus only lanes

Made it downtown 10 min quicker and that was without the bus only lanes

• How is that, if the bus only lanes seems to be the only improvement so far (except for cutting some, but not all, 1/4 mile stops)?
  • Since the lanes were marked, weren't they being enforced? Or were you riding outside of the "no parking" hours?

• How is that, if the bus only lanes seems to be the only improvement so far (except for cutting some, but not all, 1/4 mile stops)?
  • Since the lanes were marked, weren't they being enforced? Or were you riding outside of the "no parking" hours?

Luck I guess lol. It wasn't as busy as it usually is but those missing stops did make a difference especially 69th, 73rd and 81st.

I just think the name of the route is pretty lame. I dont like it one bit! The dedicated buses for look pretty cool. But I think they could think of something better for their start up line. Knowing CTA, it wont be long before you see Optimas on the #14 route.

I just think the name of the route is pretty lame. I dont like it one bit! The dedicated buses for look pretty cool. But I think they could think of something better for their start up line. Knowing CTA, it wont be long before you see Optimas on the #14 route.

If we want to talk about better names for CTA's BRT, my idea of a name would be Zoom, even though the Jeffery buses wouldn't exactly be zooming the way a full-blown BRT would.

If we want to talk about better names for CTA's BRT, my idea of a name would be Zoom, even though the Jeffery buses wouldn't exactly be zooming the way a full-blown BRT would.

Depends on whether one wants to go along with the alliterative approach, and at least they offered the justification that it jumped the stops Sam mentioned.

But I already have sick names for, say, Ashland or Fullerton.