CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

7/18/16 12:12p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Partially Suspended

Information: Blue Line service has been temporarily suspended between UIC Halsted and Pulaski due to a derailment. As a result, trains are operating in two sections:

• between Pulaski and Forest Park
  • between LaSalle and O'Hare, only.

Alternate Service:  Consider using the #7 Harrison, or #126 Jackson buses, which run parallel to the Blue Line.

Shuttle buses will available to provide connecting service through the affected area.

Media Source(s): ABC7. Reported Forest Park-bound train derailed near the Illinois Medical District station. Only one car off the tracks.

Rail Alert Blue Line July 18, 2016.jpg

On 6/9/2016 at 4:01 PM, sw4400 said:

CTA customer service sucks.  There is no way there should be a 25 minute wait for a departure from Forest Park when signage indicated 2 minutes.   I could've caught a 318 to the Green Line. 

A yard rep and station announcements informed us what happened,  but no one said when a train would actually depart Forest Park.   People have places to go including work. 

It looks like now the shuttle service is now between Pulaski and UIC Halsted.   

46 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It isn't really clear, since the alert says:

Blue Line service has been temporarily suspended between UIC Halsted and Pulaski due to a derailment.

As a result, trains are operating in two sections:

between Pulaski and Forest Park, and,
between LaSalle and O'Hare, only.

So which is it, UIC Halsted or LaSalle? The alert on CTA website hasn't yet changed from what SW posted.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

A yard rep and station announcements informed us what happened,  but no one said when a train would actually depart Forest Park.   People have places to go including work. 

Can you provide the link to those two posts you quoted that I said?

There is something going on at Illinois Medical District on the Blue Line.   Trains are not operating between Pulaski and Racine.   There is a bus shuttle in place between those two stations. This one is questionable, but doesn't sound like something I'd post.

CTA customer service sucks.  There is no way there should be a 25 minute wait for a departure from Forest Park when signage indicated 2 minutes.   I could've caught a 318 to the Green Line. This doesn't sound like me at all, mainly because I've never taken the Blue or Green Lines, or a PACE in years(if the 318 is indicative of a PACE route). Respond at the Rail Service Alerts-Discussion Thread, please.

54 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

Can you provide the link to those two posts you quoted that I said?

There is something going on at Illinois Medical District on the Blue Line.   Trains are not operating between Pulaski and Racine.   There is a bus shuttle in place between those two stations. This one is questionable, but doesn't sound like something I'd post.

CTA customer service sucks.  There is no way there should be a 25 minute wait for a departure from Forest Park when signage indicated 2 minutes.   I could've caught a 318 to the Green Line. This doesn't sound like me at all, mainly because I've never taken the Blue or Green Lines, or a PACE in years(if the 318 is indicative of a PACE route). Respond at the Rail Service Alerts-Discussion Thread, please.

You didn't post anything.   Somehow after I quote someone's post and post it,  then when I try to do a new post,  the old quote still is there.  This only applies when I am posting using my smartphone.   That's why I reposted under that post hoping that no one thought it was you sw4400.

While it was a complaint,  I was actually still in the middle of trying to get information to pass along to you guys.   As you could tell,  I posted about it before you did.  Hoping that this clears up any confusion. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Blue Line service has been temporarily suspended between UIC Halsted and Pulaski due to a derailment.

So which is it, UIC Halsted or LaSalle? The alert on CTA website hasn't yet changed from what SW posted.

The initial announcement at the station was between Pulaski and Racine.   Then the announcements changed it from Racine to UIC Halsted.   I never heard Lasalle. 

8 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

You didn't post anything.   Somehow after I quote someone's post and post it,  then when I try to do a new post,  the old quote still is there.  This only applies when I am posting using my smartphone.   That's why I reposted under that post hoping that no one thought it was you sw4400.

While it was a complaint,  I was actually still in the middle of trying to get information to pass along to you guys.   As you could tell,  I posted about it before you did.  Hoping that this clears up any confusion. 

I've noticed that too, even on a PC. Might be a minor bug that @Kevin will have to look at when he does another bug/glitch check on the forum. It's more of an annoyance than anything.... it's livable with, you just have to post, delete and repost to usually clear the old quote issue.

7/20/16 2:15p

***Special Weather-Related Bulletin For Extreme Heat***

Rail Line(s) Affected: All Rail Lines

Level Of Service Interruption: Varying Degrees Of Alerts May Be Possible

Information: With daytime temperatures expected to approach or go higher than 97 on Thursday and 99 on Friday with Heat Indexes on both days between 105-115, delays may occur with Rail Service if elevated or ground-level tracks are impacted by extreme heat. CTA will have measures in place to prevent this from happening, but the possibility is there. If this occurs, there may be delays in service while the problem(s) are attended to and resolved. Stay cool if you are traveling outside Thursday and Friday!!!

Excessive Heat Watch July 21 & 22, 2016.jpg

• Upvote 1

7/22/16 1:00a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Level Of Service Interruption: Major Delays

Information: Howard-bound trains are operating with delays due to congestion from track switching problems at Howard.

Alternate Service: Consider using #22 Clark and #151 Sheridan buses as an alternative to Red Line service.

Rail Alert Red Line July 22, 2016.jpg

7/22/16 8:59p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Pink

Information: Pink Line service has been temporarily suspended between Polk and California due to fire department activity. As a result, trains are operating in two sections:

• between 54th/Cermak and California.
  • between Polk and the Loop.

Alternate Service: Shuttle buses will be available to provide connecting service through the affected area. Also consider using the #9 Ashland, #18 16th-18th, and #21 Cermak buses for alternate service.

Rail Alert Pink Line July 22, 2016.jpg

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:23 PM, Pace831 said:

Cause was a tire coming off a truck on the highway landing on the tracks. There have been several of these in last couple of years.

• Upvote 2

7/24/16 6:40p

****Weather Bulletin****

Rail Line(s) Affected: Rail Line(s) with Grade Level/Subway Service

Level Of Service Interruption: Possible Partial Suspension Of Service At Grade/Subway Levels

Information: A Flash Flood Warning has been issued for the Chicago Metro Area until 10:30p. Depending on severity of standing water that may occur with these slow-moving Severe Thunderstorms, coupled with the rain from yesterday, flooding may be imminent. High standing water on grade-level and subway-level tracks may result in Possible Partial Suspension of Service of impacted Rail Lines until water levels subside.

Flash Flood Warning July 24, 2016.jpg

7/24/16 7:12p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Information: Red Line service has been temporarily suspended between Belmont and Grand due to debris on the tracks(CTA Twitter reports tree debris). As a result, trains are operating in two sections:

• between Howard and Belmont
  • between Grand and 95th

Alternate Service: Shuttle buses are in place between Belmont and Grand. Consider using #8 Halsted, #22 Clark, #36 Broadway147 Outer Drive Express, and 151 Sheridan buses as alternatives.

Service Interruption Update(8:44p): Service is beginning to resume with Major Delays in service currently. Service should resume to normal operations soon....

Service Interruption Update(10:06p): Service is beginning to resume with Minor Delays in service currently. Service should resume to normal operations soon....

Media Source(s): WGN

Rail Alert Red Line July 24, 2016.jpg

7/24/16 7:14p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Level Of Service Interruption: Major Delays

Information: Blue Line trains are standing at Illinois Medical District due to an obstruction.

Service Interruption Update: Service has been Partially Suspended due to obstruction. Trains are operating in the following location(s):

• between Forest Park and Pulaski, and,

between Racine and O'Hare

Alternate Service: Consider #7 Harrison, #126 Jackson, and #50 Damen Buses as alternatives.

Shuttle buses are available to provide connecting service from Pulaski and Racine.

Service Interruption Update: Service remains Suspended between Pulaski and LaSalle due to obstruction(station debris from storm). Trains are operating in the following location(s):

• between Forest Park and Pulaski
  • between LaSalle and O'Hare

Alternate Service: Shuttle Buses are available to provide connecting service between Pulaski and LaSalle. Passengers may also use  #7 Harrison, #126 Jackson, and #50 Damen buses as alternatives.

Service Interruption Update(8:48p): Service on the Blue Line is experiencing delays. Trains in both directions are operating on the same track between  Racine and Illinois Medical District due to an obstruction.(Station debris from storm).

Board all trains on the Forest Park-bound side of the platform at the Racine and Illinois Medical District stations.

Service Interruption Update(11:36p): Service on the Blue Line is experiencing delays. Trains in both directions are operating on the same track between at Racine due to an obstruction.(Station debris from storm). Board all trains on the Forest Park-bound side of the platform at Racine. Trains bypass Illinois Medical District.

Service Interruption Update(7:00a) Service on the Blue Line has been fully restored.

Media Source(s): WGN

Rail Alert Blue Line July 24, 2016.jpg

Rail Alert Blue Line July 24, 2016(2).jpg

Rail Alert Blue Line July 24, 2016(3).jpg

Rail Alert Blue Line July 24, 2016(4).jpg

Rail Alert Blue Line July 24, 2016(5).jpg