CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

22 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

That was done this past Saturday until early Sunday afternoon. During this period the Brown and Orange Line trains operated as a single route, using Brown Line equipment and the 3200-series cars assigned to the Orange Line. The 2600s stayed in the yard. And even after the Wabash and Lake sides of the Loop reopened, Brown Line 3200s remained on the Orange Line until the end of the service day.

The Green Line was detoured along Wells and Van Buren while the Pink Line operated to Roosevelt during this stretch.

Ohh!! Then they must have ran rehabbed #3200's on the Orange, and I missed it. 9_9

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Ohh!! Then they must have ran rehabbed #3200's on the Orange, and I missed it. 9_9

I was sitting in my school's student center watching the trains go by yesterday, and I saw 8 LED-fitted 3200s going out of service towards Kimball followed by 8 non-LED-fitted cars going back towards Midway. It seems they did use some rehabbed (or at least partly rehabbed) cars on the Brownage line, and I guess were very insistent on not keeping them at Midway after that. I'd like to see some rehabbed 3200s mixed with 2600s some day...

5 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

That was done this past Saturday until early Sunday afternoon. During this period the Brown and Orange Line trains operated as a single route, using Brown Line equipment and the 3200-series cars assigned to the Orange Line. The 2600s stayed in the yard. And even after the Wabash and Lake sides of the Loop reopened, Brown Line 3200s remained on the Orange Line until the end of the service day.

The Green Line was detoured along Wells and Van Buren while the Pink Line operated to Roosevelt during this stretch.

Thanks. Historically that's what they've done before.

5/18/16 12:17p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disruption

Information: Brown Line service is experiencing delays due to a raised bridge at the Chicago River, downtown.

Some trains may be held in stations or turned back towards Kimball before reaching the bridge to maintain service across the remainder of the route.

Alternate Service: Bus shuttle service is in place between Merchandise Mart and Clark/Lake. Listen for announcements and check train destination signs when boarding.

Rail Alert Brown Line May 18, 2016.jpg

6 hours ago, sw4400 said:

5/20/16 5:47p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Level Of Service Interruption: Significant Delays

Information: Forest Park-bound trains are operating with residual delays after an earlier sick customer at Illinois Medical District.

Rail Alert Blue Line May 20, 2016.jpg

No better place to get sick then at the Medical District!!

• Upvote 3

5/26/16 3:07p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Partially Suspended

Information: Brown Line service has been temporarily suspended between Kimball and Southport due to a collision with a vehicle at Rockwell.

As a result, trains are operating only between the Loop and Southport at this time.

Alternate Service: Shuttle buses will be available to provide connecting service through the affected area.

Passengers can use #49, #X49, #78, #81, and #82 buses as alternatives to Brown Line service.

Media Source(s): ABC7

Rail Alert Brown Line May 26, 2016.jpg

5/28/16 1:24p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Purple

Information: Purple Line trains are standing near Dempster due to an unauthorized person on the tracks.

Service Interruption Update: Service interruption has been upgraded to Major Delays due to the unauthorized person on the tracks.

Service Interruption Update(1:57p): Service is being restored after Police Activity near Dempster.

Rail Alert Purple Line May 28, 2016.jpg

Rail Alert Purple Line May 28, 2016(2).jpg

3 hours ago, sw4400 said:

5/28/16 1:24p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Purple

Information: Purple Line trains are standing near Dempster due to an unauthorized person on the tracks.

Service Interruption Update: Service interruption has been upgraded to Major Delays due to the unauthorized person on the tracks.

Service Interruption Update(1:57p): Service is being restored after Police Activity near Dempster.

According to this Chicago Tribune article, two boys were walking on the tracks just south of the Dempster St. station and one was hit by a Howard-bound train. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-evanston-police-boy-8-hit-by-cta-train-20160528-story.html

5/31/16 8:50 PM

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Partially Suspended

Information: Blue Line service is temporarily suspended between Rosemont and Jefferson Park due to a medical emergency on the tracks. 

Alternate Travel Options: Shuttle buses will stop at Cumberland and Harlem between Jefferson Park and Rosemont where they connect with Blue Line trains.

Source: CTA Twitter

More information on incident: http://abc7chicago.com/news/cta-blue-line-service-suspended-between-rosemont-and-jefferson-park/1365660/

Blue Service.jpg

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ThirdRailVision said:

5/31/16 8:50 PM

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Partially Suspended

Information: Blue Line service is temporarily suspended between Rosemont and Jefferson Park due to a medical emergency on the tracks. 

Alternate Travel Options: Shuttle buses will stop at Cumberland and Harlem between Jefferson Park and Rosemont where they connect with Blue Line trains.

Source: CTA Twitter

More information on incident: http://abc7chicago.com/news/cta-blue-line-service-suspended-between-rosemont-and-jefferson-park/1365660/

Blue Service.jpg

Again, medical emergency on the CTA is what is classified as suicide.

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

In which it pisses me off completely. If Metra can be really specific about their delays then why CTA can't do the same?

They probably want it to sound as professional and discreet as possible. Think of it as this, would you want a little kid hearing that someone just killed themselves ahead on the track. That's sensitive information a little kid or maybe even someone with a developmental disability might be disturbed by. I know when I was little I saw some gruesome car accidents. I remember my first CTA related incident when some people got ran over by a car waiting for a bus at the old Neenah/Irving Pk terminal. I was there shortly after. It was on the news. Thank God the ambulance had picked up the bodies but I had seen the shelter collapsed and a pool of blood. Usually in those instances I'd come home shaking and that may be the first signs of shock in the human body.

6/1/16 11:38a

***Network Outage Information Affecting CTA Trackers***

Rail Line(s) Affected: All Rail Lines

Level Of Service Interruption: --

Information: Information in CTA Bus & Train Tracker may be temporarily unavailable due to a network problem. Engineers are working to correct the problem. Service is unaffected.

5 hours ago, sw4400 said:

6/1/16 4:25p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Pink

Information: Loop-bound trains are operating with residual delays after earlier mechanical problems near Pulaski.

Rail Alert Pink Line June 1, 2016.jpg

How come the map still includes Madison/Wabash?

4 hours ago, strictures said:

How come the map still includes Madison/Wabash?

Because the Pink Line Map I created this personally-drawn map from(you can see the handmade drawing attempts from Paint) had Madison/Wabash still as a stop at the time. I'll have to remove it from the map(s) that have it(Brown, Green, Orange and Purple may have it as well) since demolition is in progress.

4 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Because it lives on in the hearts and memories of us forum members. :P

We got to have a little tribute to it with music, @MTRSP1900-CTA3200. Here's to Madison/Wabash..... thanks for the memories.....

All Loop Elevated Trains and no stopping there make CTA a dull company :PxD