CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

3 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Because the Pink Line Map I created this personally-drawn map from(you can see the handmade drawing attempts from Paint) had Madison/Wabash still as a stop at the time. I'll have to remove it from the map(s) that have it(Brown, Green, Orange and Purple may have it as well) since demolition is in progress.

We got to have a little tribute to it with music, @MTRSP1900-CTA3200. Here's to Madison/Wabash..... thanks for the memories.....

All Loop Elevated Trains and no stopping there make CTA a dull company :PxD 

I had no idea you drew it. I thought it came from some old CTA site.

5 hours ago, strictures said:

I had no idea you drew it. I thought it came from some old CTA site.

Well I didn't when I first started doing the alerts with maps, but due to some verbal back and forth with someone which I'm not going into again about(this is just for the explanation purposes), this is why I'm now using personal, handmade "L" maps.

13 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Well I didn't when I first started doing the alerts with maps, but due to some verbal back and forth with someone which I'm not going into again about(this is just for the explanation purposes), this is why I'm now using personal, handmade "L" maps.

Well, they're very well done, easily as good as the ones the highly overpaid CTA graphics dept. puts out.

• Upvote 3

On 6/3/2016 at 0:09 AM, sw4400 said:

6/3/16 12:07a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Level Of Service Interruption: Minor Delays

Information: 95th-bound trains are operating with residual delays after earlier police activity at Jarvis.

Rail Alert Red Line June 3, 2016.jpg

Hmmm I was out on the Red Line that night about 20 mins or so after and the customer assistants had said the delays were because of signal problems up at Howard. Unless the Red Line was just that unlucky to have signal problems soon after the police activity.

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

Hmmm I was out on the Red Line that night about 20 mins or so after and the customer assistants had said the delays were because of signal problems up at Howard. Unless the Red Line was just that unlucky to have signal problems soon after the police activity.

Maybe there intertwined.... maybe someone got onto the tracks which would constitute police activity, as it's trespassing. And maybe he/she temporarily did something to a signal switch and caused the signal problems. Anything is possible in Chicago......

2 hours ago, sw4400 said:

maybe someone got onto the tracks which would constitute police activity

"Unauthorized person on the tracks" is the usual reason given in that scenario. "Police activity" usually means someone needed to be removed from a train.

7 hours ago, sw4400 said:

6/9/16 3:59p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Level Of Service Interruption: Significant Delays

Information: Forest Park-bound trains are operating with residual delays after earlier police activity at Clark/Lake.

Rail Alert Blue Line June 9, 2016.jpg

Thanks to this post,  I drove close to US Cellular Field and caught the 35th bus.   My original plan was to park at Forest Park L and take the Blue and Red lines.

Sox win! Sox win!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Thanks to this post,  I drove close to US Cellular Field and caught the 35th bus.   My original plan was to park at Forest Park L and take the Blue and Red lines.

Sox win! Sox win!

Glad it was helpful..... BTW..... :P 

Chicago Cubs.jpg

6/11/16 2:26a

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Partially Disrupted

Information: Blue Line service has been temporarily suspended between Montrose and California due to an injured employee.

As a result, trains are operating in two sections:

• between O'Hare and Montrose
  • between California and Forest Park

Alternate Service: Shuttle buses will be available to provide connecting service through the affected area(s).

Rail Alert Blue Line June 11, 2016.jpg

9 hours ago, sw4400 said:

6/11/16 2:26a

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Partially Disrupted

Information: Blue Line service has been temporarily suspended between Montrose and California due to an injured employee.

As a result, trains are operating in two sections:

• between O'Hare and Montrose
  • between California and Forest Park

Alternate Service: Shuttle buses will be available to provide connecting service through the affected area(s).

Rail Alert Blue Line June 11, 2016.jpg

This incident happened around 1:15 AM. Wanna know why, because I was caught in that f'ing mess sitting while smelling piss on my train for over an hour. I really wanted to smack the crap out of that person for pissing on that train!

14 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

This incident happened around 1:15 AM. Wanna know why, because I was caught in that f'ing mess sitting while smelling piss on my train for over an hour. I really wanted to smack the crap out of that person for pissing on that train!

That's a common occurrence on the Blue and Red Lines. Late night into the overnight periods, they become labyrinths to the homeless, who ride them all night and eat, drink, sleep and do everything else under the sun on there. CTA needs to manage the trains overnight better to combat this.... this is almost as bad, if not worse, than the rat problem plaguing us.

On another note, I had some solicitor with a sign and pen asking for signatures and pressuring people. The Rail Operator couldn't get into Montrose fast enough... he came to me with his spiel all in my space about it. I scribbled my name on it, then he starts "If you sign it, you got to make a donation." I told him "I don't have any money, sorry." and left. He left the train and it took off without him. I should've told the Customer Service Agent, but I had an appointment to keep and couldn't take the few moments to run across Montrose to the station house.

6/12/16 1:51a

Level Of Service Interruption: Significant Delays

Information: Service on the Blue Line is experiencing delays. Trains in both directions are operating on the same track at Belmont due to debris on the track. Board all trains on the O'Hare-bound side of the platform at Belmont.

Rail Alert Blue Line June 12, 2016.jpg

6/15/16 7:54p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disrupted

Information: Brown Line service is experiencing delays due to a raised bridge at the Chicago River, downtown. Some trains may be held or turned back before reaching the bridge in order to maintain service across the remainder of the route. Listen for announcements and check train destination signs when boarding.

Rail Alert Brown Line June 15, 2016.jpg