CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

On 4/8/2016 at 11:05 PM, sw4400 said:

4/7/16 11:01p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Level Of Service Interruption: Minor Delays(Station(s) Bypassed)

Information: Blue Line trains are not stopping at Jefferson Park due to a medical emergency on the tracks.

Alternate Service: Shuttle buses will be available to provide service to Jefferson Park.

Media Source(s): ABC7

Rail Alert Blue Line April 7, 2016(3).jpg

You know I wonder if I may have come across this last week. i was in the area about an hour before this was discovered. i think I remember a bunch of personnel on the tracks walking around at the south end of the sb track at jeff, like maybe they had discovered something. I was on one of the nb trains. i wonder how long the person was there? No sb train was there. I can't imagine someone getting hit and the driver speeding off. It's almost like they were clipped off the platform or fell off a train. That's probably why it was labeled as a medical emergency but there must have been some evidence the person was hit (blunt trauma) so it went to a suicide. Sort of a mystery.

4 minutes ago, strictures said:

Blue Line between Jefferson Park & Western Ave is shut down due to person hit & killed by train

Time of shutdown is unknown at this time.

Someone at Belmont was hit by an Ohare-bound train.

4/25/16 5:04p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Green

Level Of Service Interruption: Major Delays

Information: 63rd-bound trains are standing at Cicero due to mechanical problems on a train.

Alternate Service: Passengers may consider using #20 Madison buses as an alternative to Green Line service.

Service Interruption Update: 63rd-bound trains are operating with residual delays after earlier mechanical problems near Cicero. Trains are moving and normal service is being restored.

Rail Alert Green Line April 25, 2016.jpg

5/7/16 11:24a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disruption

Information: Brown Line service is experiencing delays due to a raised bridge at the Chicago River, downtown.

Some trains may be held in stations or turned back towards Kimball before reaching the bridge to maintain service across the remainder of the route.

Alternate Service: Bus shuttle service is in place between Merchandise Mart and Clark/Lake. Listen for announcements and check train destination signs when boarding.

Rail Alert Brown Line May 7, 2016.jpg

5/10/16 3:47a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Information: Service on the Red Line is experiencing delays. Trains in both directions are operating on the same track between Garfield and 69th due to a sick passenger. Board all trains on the 95th-bound side of the platform at 63rd.

Alternate Service: Consider using the #22 Clark, #29 State, and #151 Sheridan buses as an alternative to Red Line service. Shuttle buses are available between 69th and Garfield.

Rail Alert Red Line May 10, 2016.jpg

4 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Information: Service on the Red Line is experiencing delays. Trains in both directions are operating on the same track between Garfield and 69th due to a sick passenger. Board all trains on the 95th-bound side of the platform at 63rd.

Alternate Service: Consider using the #22 Clark, #29 State, and #151 Sheridan buses as an alternative to Red Line service. Shuttle buses are available between 69th and Garfield.

Didn't know 22 Clark and 151 Sheridan went far enough south to be a dan Ryan alternative :lol:

52 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Didn't know 22 Clark and 151 Sheridan went far enough south to be a dan Ryan alternative :lol:

And, of course, it was the kind of sick that wasn't. Again. These must be  autotext.

Do you think you can do Steve Mayberrry's job better than he does? It only took clout for him to get it.

8 hours ago, sw4400 said:

4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

And, of course, it was the kind of sick that wasn't. Again. These must be  autotext.

Do you think you can do Steve Mayberrry's job better than he does? It only took clout for him to get it.

My girlfriend just informed me that the passenger was unresponsive resulting of him or her to pass away at the hospital. Keep in mind guys that this isn't very easy for anybody to handle, especially CTA personnel and families of the fallen victims. Please keep your thoughts and prayers to the family and loved ones of that person.

7 hours ago, Sam92 said:

They're alternatives if you're coming from the north side Howard end of the line, which I'm sure is what CTA was referring to since if a rail line is under a major disruption long enough that does expand outward to the rest of the line.

6 hours ago, jajuan said:

They're alternatives if you're coming from the north side Howard end of the line, which I'm sure is what CTA was referring to since if a rail line is under a major disruption long enough that does expand outward to the rest of the line.

I thought they would short-turn at that point...plenty of places to do so. Howard holds more cars than 95th anyways, so they would have plenty of trains to go around until the delay cleared. But it's still good of them to provide alternate routes in case someone didn't want to risk more delays on the Red Line.

5/11/16 1:12p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Brown

Level Of Service Interruption: Service Disruption

Information: Brown Line service is experiencing delays due to a raised bridge at the Chicago River, downtown.

Some trains may be held in stations or turned back towards Kimball before reaching the bridge to maintain service across the remainder of the route.

Alternate Service: Bus shuttle service is in place between Merchandise Mart and Clark/Lake. Listen for announcements and check train destination signs when boarding.

Rail Alert Brown Line May 11, 2016.jpg

On 5/14/2016 at 8:43 PM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I didn't see the full version of the alert, just a link, but it looks like there's upcoming work on Washington/Wabash that requires the Lake and Wabash sides of the Loop to be closed.

That was done this past Saturday until early Sunday afternoon. During this period the Brown and Orange Line trains operated as a single route, using Brown Line equipment and the 3200-series cars assigned to the Orange Line. The 2600s stayed in the yard. And even after the Wabash and Lake sides of the Loop reopened, Brown Line 3200s remained on the Orange Line until the end of the service day.

The Green Line was detoured along Wells and Van Buren while the Pink Line operated to Roosevelt during this stretch.