Pace Roster

BusHunter

#2657 was on I-294 Northbound right around Roosevelt today. Wonder where it was coming from and if it's being moved?

Back to where it usually belongs at North Shore. I would presume it was out for some type of maintenance.

post-14-0-78736900-1406321795_thumb.jpg

I was in Waukegan last week, and saw a 6600 series, 663X I believe (Not sure of the last digit), and it is in the new blue livery. So now I suppose, North is no longer the only division to not have any blue buses. It was at Washington and Sheridan, and was I believe, the 571 or the 561, I don't remember which.

Well another member had reported 6165 and 6201 from South as being fully repainted; glad to see Pace finally fully repainting the NABI's (9 years later), but I am curious to see how it looks on the 6600's...

Funny they are painting them now. Maybe they don't intend on replacing the Nabi's so soon.

Well another member had reported 6165 and 6201 from South as being fully repainted; glad to see Pace finally fully repainting the NABI's (9 years later), but I am curious to see how it looks on the 6600's...

Funny they are painting them now. Maybe they don't intend on replacing the Nabi's so soon.

The bs part about it is that none of the West Garage NABI's have the blue pace scheme at all (except 6241 but that was years ago) and I really don't understand why!

The bs part about it is that none of the West Garage NABI's have the blue pace scheme at all (except 6241 but that was years ago) and I really don't understand why!

That one doesn't either, it got the wrench logos one after a wreck, but still is predominantly white.

I assume that the reported blue buses are actually painted blue, as opposed to some, like 6682 (I believe) that are white with the wrenches.

Oh but they probably will in the future. For some reason it has been decided to paint the Nabi's. I think we are just waiting for them to cycle through the shop that's all the delay is now.

Oh but they probably will in the future. For some reason it has been decided to paint the Nabi's. I think we are just waiting for them to cycle through the shop that's all the delay is now.

There hasn't been any indication of any program (certainly not in board minutes or the like).

That one doesn't either, it got the wrench logos one after a wreck, but still is predominantly white.

I assume that the reported blue buses are actually painted blue, as opposed to some, like 6682 (I believe) that are white with the wrenches.

I wonder if they removed the wrap off #6660?

Affirmative

what it really comes down to is who has the most white and yellow nabi's. South right? Well south has four buses we know about. who is the runner up to south? North with it's many #6600's. West don't have many white nabi's so it may take them longer to get it's first one.

what it really comes down to is who has the most white and yellow nabi's. South right? Well south has four buses we know about. who is the runner up to south? North with it's many #6600's. West don't have many white nabi's so it may take them longer to get it's first one.

What in the world is this about?

NS probably beats most of them other than S. And you certainly haven't posted a source verifying that there is any program.

The only thing that probably can be said is that S has more beat up ones, and Andre and I saw 6655 and 6657 at South Holland, and Andre said he saw the decals stripped off them, so maybe they are getting painted.

What in the world is this about?

NS probably beats most of them other than S. And you certainly haven't posted a source verifying that there is any program.

The only thing that probably can be said is that S has more beat up ones, and Andre and I saw 6655 and 6657 at South Holland, and Andre said he saw the decals stripped off them, so maybe they are getting painted.

Well they have 5 buses done already and that's only the ones we know about. So unless someone is really bored with nothing to do there seems to be something going on. Not everything has a posted source. Obviously something happened to some of the Axess options or those turned out to go to something else like the tollway project. I'm still wondering why they stopped getting Axess' after only getting 10 at NW. If anyone has a source for that post it. Looks like those will all be CNG now.

I might be wrong, but I just don't see a massive paint job being done to the 6162 - 626x NABIs. They reach their 12 year life next year and might get retired. I only see the new paint jobs being done on beaten up buses that have gotten repairs or buses with excessive paint chipping. I think if they were going to get a massive livery change, it would've been done when the 2005s were delivered. Besides there are 150 or so 6000s and the vast majority of 6600s that still have the old livery.

I might be wrong, but I just don't see a massive paint job being done to the 6162 - 626x NABIs. They reach their 12 year life next year and might get retired. I only see the new paint jobs being done on beaten up buses that have gotten repairs or buses with excessive paint chipping. I think if they were going to get a massive livery change, it would've been done when the 2005s were delivered. Besides there are 150 or so 6000s and the vast majority of 6600s that still have the old livery.

It would be absolutely nuts to paint a #6000 as that's probably gone within the next two years. It is strange though that Nabi's are being painted at all as you have a good point that they will be retired soon, but maybe they won't. Maybe Pace wants to have an all blue bus fleet in two years.

Well, until they purchase more buses (probably an option of at least 150) they aren't going anywhere very soon. I'm surprised they aren't exercising an option of replacing Orion VI's.

... Looks like those will all be CNG now.

Except that a contract award hasn't been posted for that.

If there is any official tea leaf, it is that the budget said that 91 CNGs were to be funded with state money, but the only news stories about Quinn spending money "out of his own pocket" for his capital plan was for highways, this apparently being the Public Act..

So, if there is any inference, Pace doesn't have the money. My only inference from my last trip to South Holland is that NW only got enough Axess buses to replace the dead Orion VIs in the yard. (Garmon, this paragraph is also in response to you; some of the Orion VIs at NW look pretty rusty.)

When the 6262s showed up in 2005, the newsletter had the usual "it will take 12 years to have a blue fleet." I usually assume that refers to the FTA service life. You are correct that if there were a plan to repaint the 183 buses received in 2003, it would have happened before now, instead of, for instance, keeping buses like 6241 white, but instead of retaining the yellow stripe, putting on some logos. Also, the minutes reflect that these buses got rebuilt engines (not that one could tell, as they still belch smoke), and one would guess that if, like CTA, they were also supposed to get other upgrades, it would have been at that time.

The bus I saw, yes, actually was blue. North still has a number of 6600s and 6200s that are white with the yellow stripe, and some that are all white (No yellow stripe) with the wrench (Or snail shell, as I call it) logo. Now at least one bus that actually is blue.

Not sure I'm buying that the 40-ft NABI's are about to be retired when NW, SW and West have quite a few Orion VIs still in service (I've ridden a few of them already on the 223 this weekend).

Well we all know Pace never retires a bus when it hits the 12-year mark; a good portion of the 6000's are already 14-years old, so the 6162 and 6600-series NABI's are not going anywhere anytime soon...

I'll admit that the Orion VI's are better than the NABI's. Despite them being old, they were very solid buses.

I'll admit that the Orion VI's are better than the NABI's. Despite them being old, they were very solid buses.

Only problem is they're built from such an ugly design. :lol: But yes they have seemed to performed better than the NABIs Pace has on the roster.