Pace Roster

BusHunter

• 3 weeks later...

The Journal OnLine for February 7th had an article that bus 6021 had a brake fire in the rear of the bus in Prospect Heights. Blew out the rear tires because of the heat and the responding fire departments had to cut holes in the sidewall and floor to fight the fire. By the description of the damage, it would appear that this bus is a write-off.

The Journal OnLine for February 7th had an article that bus 6021 had a brake fire in the rear of the bus in Prospect Heights. Blew out the rear tires because of the heat and the responding fire departments had to cut holes in the sidewall and floor to fight the fire. By the description of the damage, it would appear that this bus is a write-off.

I don't want to get too far off topic on this, but I've always noticed that the Orions had rust spots right around the back side area where the bus number is located. Now it doesn't appear that was the cause with this, but I'd have to think that Pace probably checked all of the Orions to make sure no other ones have this problem. But considering the new buses are arriving anyway, they probably didn't care this was a write-off and I'm sure Pace has already begun the retirement process for the Orions. I haven't seen all of them on Webwatch lately.

I don't want to get too far off topic on this, but I've always noticed that the Orions had rust spots right around the back side area where the bus number is located. Now it doesn't appear that was the cause with this, but I'd have to think that Pace probably checked all of the Orions to make sure no other ones have this problem. But considering the new buses are arriving anyway, they probably didn't care this was a write-off and I'm sure Pace has already begun the retirement process for the Orions. I haven't seen all of them on Webwatch lately.

Most Orion Is and some Orion VIs have shown rust around the wheel wells. The cure seems to be to buy fiberglass buses.

Also, my recollection of some Orion VIs is that the soot from the exhaust covered that area. Maybe there is a cause and effect.

Some pics :

http://www.phfire.com/apps/public/news/newsView.cfm?News_ID=16

From the description, the bus must have been on Milwaukee Ave. and caught fire in front of Palwaukee Plaza, but the driver turned into the side street at the traffic light instead of letting it burn on Milwaukee.

Essentially the same fate as 6047, but burned on the right instead of left side.

6270 is on route 364 right now. Just spotted it on 159th street in Tinley Park. So it was moved from West.

That seems to go back to when Melinda Metzger said that South was getting blue buses from West when West first started getting the Axess buses. That went into the 6280s, as well as 6303 and 6318-21 (all approximate). Transfer was needed to get rid of the remaining 2401s.

The latest bus roster (unless its been updated) shows 6270 at West and I know in the early goings of moving the blue Nabis from West to South showed 6268, 6269, then 6271 among others. But several people (me included) still saw 6270 at West at that time. So I don't believe 6270 has been at South all that long.

****Update**** On 12/23/13, it was posted that 6270 was at the time at South. That had to have just happened at that time because all other reports were that it was at West before that post. I was under the impression it was still at West before today.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if McHenry has more than three buses, considering, from what I'm seeing on the schedules, they need at least two buses each for the 806, 807 and 808.

Most of it (and as far as I can tell, all of it) is run with paratransits.

I've seen 2697 and 2698 around McHenry County, but not on those routes. I don't know what they are used for.

At some time, there were some 8900s in the garage, but other than sporadic service being reported (such as "why does Pace have a big bus on this route" on some politician's blog), it seemed more like storing them for Ravinia service.

6395 s at NW.

Thanks for the confirmation. Are they hiding it in the garage, or is it just that even though I am in the area, it's just a coincidence that not I (and apparently nobody else) has seen it in person or on WebWatch?

Thanks for the confirmation. Are they hiding it in the garage, or is it just that even though I am in the area, it's just a coincidence that not I (and apparently nobody else) has seen it in person or on WebWatch?

I've only seen 6395 in person once. I was at the Des Plaines metra station and saw it going back to the garage about two weeks ago.