What's Left for Pace's Orion VI's 6000s?

qwantae

1 hour ago, qwantae said:

Some of Orions are still at West routes all day.  As of Today around almost 12 noon, 6058 on 301, 6044 on 314, 6125 on 318, 6160 on 319, 6123 and 6053 on 322, 6158 and 6161 on 330.  It's all I have, Stay tune for probably couple or few to come out during PM Rush.  

Like Garmon said, they're not going away real soon, but they might be out of service by Thanksgiving at the rate the 6700s and the 17500s are coming out.

5 hours ago, qwantae said:

In my opinion, Orion's A/C are much colder than NABIs. 

Not the ones from the Evanston garage.  I've ridden many Orions from there that had both the A/C & the heat running at the same time in the summer.  Why Pace never installed a simple shutoff valve for the hot water heating system has baffled me.

23 minutes ago, strictures said:

Not the ones from the Evanston garage.  I've ridden many Orions from there that had both the A/C & the heat running at the same time in the summer.  Why Pace never installed a simple shutoff valve for the hot water heating system has baffled me.

There never were any Orion VIs at Evanston. Either you mean an Orion I or NW.

57 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Currently riding 6160 on the 301.  I never knew the rear doors open inward on 6156 through6161.  On the other 6000s the rear doors swing open outward.

47 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Some of them on around 6140s also did.

Keep in mind they were not retrofitted at all. I had to move our posts to this topic for relevance. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Orions are dwindling at West.  It's the 5pm rush today and the only Orions that are currently out are 6044, 6058, 6069, 6132, 6156, & 6157.  Unless I missed a route or the rest are running as emergency spares, this is probably the last of the bunch and these will be gone by Thanksgiving I'm sure.

2 hours ago, rotjohns said:

The Orions are dwindling at West.  It's the 5pm rush today and the only Orions that are currently out are 6044, 6058, 6069, 6132, 6156, & 6157.  Unless I missed a route or the rest are running as emergency spares, this is probably the last of the bunch and these will be gone by Thanksgiving I'm sure.

I had just got done riding 6157 on the 318 during this PM Rush and 6161 is also on that route as of this early evening.  6132 was on 332 this morning on Web watch. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2017 at 7:09 AM, rotjohns said:

The Orions won't go away!  There are still 4 of them out at West as of this morning:  6044, 6069, 6132, and 6156.  

Apparently they have. Webwatch doesn't reflect any on W routes at 8:00 am.today.