What's Left for Pace's Orion VI's 6000s?

qwantae

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 0:21 PM, rotjohns said:

I physically saw #6158 it a few minutes ago on route 379 and get this:  It's wrapped in the blue livery!  So I think it's safe to say 6156-6161 aren't going anywhere anytime soon and we know why they were M.I.A. for so long.

6157 is blue too at SW

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

If you guys want to see the right side of the bus and rear someone took a youtube of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XCTnhm6n-U

No large logo on either side, as I suspected, but they do have the smaller logo behind the rear door.

The ad on the side of the bus caught my attention. It shows a mock BusTracker sign displaying 379, 383, and 384 all going to Orland Square as well as 54B to Ford City. "Try our new Bus Tracker for smart phones, guaranteed to be 50% accurate!"

7 hours ago, BusHunter said:

And no CTA bustracker sign gives pace bus times. So that sign is phony.

If you mean those signs cta put on their shelters then yes they actually do display pace routes now. 850, 851 show up on shelters along magnificent mile along with route 381 appearing on shelters along 95th. Ill snap a pic next time I'm over there

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

None of the wraps have the big circle, or the white stripe above the windows. Makes it look "simplified" and incomplete. 

If you are referring to on the Orion VIs, there is the issue of the big engine bay vents plus the back window.

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

If you mean those signs cta put on their shelters then yes they actually do display pace routes now. 850, 851 show up on shelters along magnificent mile along with route 381 appearing on shelters along 95th. Ill snap a pic next time I'm over there

That's news to me. If only the north side had those perks!! xD I don't see any sign like that up here. Even Rosemont/Blue has gone to displaying trains in the bus terminal. So how does it display, I think those signs only go up to 20-30 minutes, how does a Pace bus display if it's 60 minutes? Maybe it is being done by garage, SW is on the advertisement and I believe they do show up on the Titan sign at Midway. Also I wonder if it's a matter of installing the same transponder as what CTA has. Pace buses may be having the issue because they  (the non sw ones) still have incompatible hardware.

10 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Also I wonder if it's a matter of installing the same transponder as what CTA has. Pace buses may be having the issue because they  (the non sw ones) still have incompatible hardware.

It doesn't have anything to do with that. It has to do with that CTA has Clever Devices software and Pace Trapeze. But as I noted above, the Ventra app brings the two together. as does the RTA site.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

It doesn't have anything to do with that. It has to do with that CTA has Clever Devices software and Pace Trapeze. But as I noted above, the Ventra app brings the two together. as does the RTA site.

Which begs the question why is this only happening with sw buses?

32 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

850, 851 and 855 are Heritage routes but show up on downtown shelters. Maybe I should check south halsted as well

Heritage buses have had their devices updated recently. (I think of them as Clever Devices but they aren't really as Busjack noted). I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

image.thumb.jpg.d5d303b084e7dc51f27e8d91

Here is the ad on bus 2759. Why advertise Sears on this ad when the real buses/website just say "Orland Square"? Coincidentally, that's where I was going when I took this picture (on 832).

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:21 AM, andrethebusman said:

None of the wraps have the big circle, or the white stripe above the windows. Makes it look "simplified" and incomplete. 

-They are also starting to peel at the edges, especially at floor level. Now they are getting stick-on ads. When these are taken off, what will they look like then?

• 3 months later...