7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

8 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Lucky that Emanuel said that was consistent with Chicago's values.;)

Seems like they are really stepping carefully. Sounds like it was out for a tripper both evenings. No signs of the other two yet either which is sort of uncharacteristic to just release one bus when you have 3. Hopefully this doesn't delay the #8200's cause I'm tired of waiting for them.

I was noticing at FG they have really been running the #1000's the last two days and they only have 34. I think they hardly stay in the garage. I haven't heard of any failures so far. They are really dependable compared to what's there. I remember when fg had 128 new buses, the old ones hardly came out. Weekends were exclusively new buses and the weekdays most of the older buses came out in the rush.  If only there was a way they could at least get half a fleet of buses, I think there would be a great improvement there. Maybe they can do it by mid to late summer.

18 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Seems like they are really stepping carefully. Sounds like it was out for a tripper both evenings. No signs of the other two yet either which is sort of uncharacteristic to just release one bus when you have 3. Hopefully this doesn't delay the #8200's cause I'm tired of waiting for them.

I was noticing at FG they have really been running the #1000's the last two days and they only have 34. I think they hardly stay in the garage. I haven't heard of any failures so far. They are really dependable compared to what's there. I remember when fg had 128 new buses, the old ones hardly came out. Weekends were exclusively new buses and the weekdays most of the older buses came out in the rush.  If only there was a way they could at least get half a fleet of buses, I think there would be a great improvement there. Maybe they can do it by mid to late summer.

I thought it was 35 :P (1000-1034), but I've been seeing your point on those east-west routes especially. Now when I wait for a SB #X9, I actually have to pay attention to the route number when I see a New Flyer coming, the same as when I see an amber signed Nova bus. xD

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

I thought it was 35 :P (1000-1034), but I've been seeing your point on those east-west routes especially. Now when I wait for a SB #X9, I actually have to pay attention to the route number when I see a New Flyer coming, the same as when I see an amber signed Nova bus. xD

No not #1034, that's 103rd. At least the number signs work on a nf, these older buses are sometimes driving around with no signs.

19 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Or it might be like in 2002 when C got some of the buses with orange signs. Maybe the split is at 8212.

I wouldn't mind trading a few #1900's to the glen for these. You know I liked what CTA was doing before when they had post #1930's at C, 74th, 77th, and a couple at NP. Because they are longitudinal, they serve the high traffic routes better, the strollers, the crowds all move better on these. I would look at my top ridership routes and maybe try and run these there. It seems a waste to run them on the #57 for instance. I can only think someone at hq is looking at garage ridership as high at chicago. 77th probably has a better argument though, especially if they are not having artics.

14 hours ago, garmon757 said:

You joker!!!! LOL I can't even stop laughing hard!!!

Yeah well #8224 I figured would be pushing it. (maybe we can sneak one more future bus in)

cta 8224 mock rear on 53.PNG

Happy April Fool's Guys!! xD

It's really easy to do if anyone wants to do it. I use Gimp. It's a free program. There's ordinary options where you can cut and paste and then there are cool options like you can change the perspective of stuff as in angles. It's something they use in visual pinball. How do you think they made all those tables. It's all about manipulating images. I'm not perfect, but you can make these look alot better if you magnify them before you cut and paste. They still come out alright. It seems to help also with the tint if you take from one picture and paste to the next. (same image) then your tint will look uniform and always paste from two pics with the same res or as close as you can get.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah well #8224 I figured would be pushing it. (maybe we can sneak one more future bus in)

cta 8224 mock rear on 53.PNG

It's really easy to do if anyone wants to do it. I use Gimp. It's a free program. There's ordinary options where you can cut and paste and then there are cool options like you can change the perspective of stuff as in angles. It's something they use in visual pinball. How do you think they made all those tables. It's all about manipulating images. I'm not perfect, but you can make these look alot better if you magnify them before you cut and paste. They still come out alright. It seems to help also with the tint if you take from one picture and paste to the next. (same image) then your tint will look uniform and always paste from two pics with the same res or as close as you can get.

@BusHunter xD

You had me going!!!!! :P:D 

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

There's ordinary options where you can cut and paste and then there are cool options like you can change the perspective of stuff as in angles.

In 8202 one can argue whether the numbers are lined up as well as decals, but doubling up with 8224 shows they are not.

55 minutes ago, Busjack said:

In 8202 one can argue whether the numbers are lined up as well as decals, but doubling up with 8224 shows they are not.

The side's not perfect and looks like it might have something wrong with it. You can't have a convincing pic if the side decal is not right. At least we got to finally see some #8200's even if it is bs!!