600-series Proterra BE40/ZX5 - Updates

Busjack

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

These buses have spent more time at SS than anywhere else.   Will Ss be the permanent home for the electric fleet?

I hope not, maybe it’s just a something that is bringing them back and forth to SS. Usually buses spend more time at their own assigned garages than just SS besides 77th.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Whats even worse is the 700s have seen even less hours than the 600s in recent times. 

I don't understand why CTA has such a disdain for the 700s and New Flyers period.  NYMTA is running New Flyer electric artics and CTA can't keep 2 electrics on the street?  Yet CTA has an order for up to 45 electric buses fromProterra, and the handful that have arrived spend more time at SS than on the street.   If CTA wants to be all electric by 2049, the only electric service that CTA will be running is rail service 

17 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I don't understand why CTA has such a disdain for the 700s and New Flyers period.  NYMTA is running New Flyer electric artics and CTA can't keep 2 electrics on the street?  Yet CTA has an order for up to 45 electric buses fromProterra, and the handful that have arrived spend more time at SS than on the street.   If CTA wants to be all electric by 2049, the only electric service that CTA will be running is rail service 

#603 has an excuse to be there but why the rest tho?

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Maybe they just dont have that many qualified operators. I saw #602 on its pullout this morning and it had more than one person on it. Almost like a trainer was aboard. It must have been going to roosevelt it was at washington and pulaski around 650am. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Those things are scary quiet. I looked in my bike mirror and flipped my shit cause I didn’t hear the bus behind me 

Veeeeery quiet. I haven't that experience yet, but I usually rely on the sound of buses to be aware before I hear them, will definitely be investing in some rearview mirrors for my handlebars

On 10/11/2021 at 12:41 PM, andrethebusman said:

New Proterras 606-608 in, 609-622 coming. One of these days will start running out of 74 on 63.

So would it be a leap to say half will go to 74th half to chicago. These buses are coming in so slow its like a fantasy to see 622 here. They need to hire a ricardo montalban look a like to present the buses. Welcome to fantasy island. The plane, the plane!! But in this case its the bus!!??

Maybe FG might finally get its 8200s back when all the proterras show up but thats another fantasy. 

• 2 weeks later...

So south shops has 12 proterras counting #603. I guess theyll all go in service together then. Probably the last 5 are coming,, probably on a flatbed. There should be a 74th trainer bus somewhere, but maybe they just want to get them in service for now on #66. 

This would explain why fg is getting the #1930s. Chicago will need to trade off some buses. Get your rides in on the #6400s. The end is near!!

On 11/8/2021 at 4:02 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Why has 601 only ran once?

Man and I thought the 4300s just sat long. Probably cause they’re being extra careful especially with infrastructure involved at terminals for the buses which is a new thing to account for and layovers might possibly need to be adjusted for the testing period in case the chargers Aren’t as quick (kinda how PTC made metra switch it’s schedule). not saying I’m right but just guesses. 

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

with Chicago getting all 22 #600’s that means 22 #1930’s will head to FG soon and knock out some more #6400’s

I think that the 15 or 6400s has FG will get retired by the summer of 2022 once all is said and done. The real question is where do the #8350s fit in this equation? One can assume that at least the first 30-40 buses will get delivered by then.