Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

2 hours ago, Anthony Devera said:

Doesn't the 37 (a Chicago route) also operate in the loop?

Totally forgot about that, especially cause in my mind I thought it ran out of K since it did the loop and near north side

Speaking of garage assignments and the 10, I've always wondered why it runs completely from Kedzie and isn't at least shared with 103rd, especially considering that Kedzie is always struggling with space. Looking at the schedule, there are three northbound-only trips in the afternoon, and I think those could run as 26 deadheads from 103rd instead. Additionally, since the 10 only uses a few buses at a time (I believe maximum 5), I feel like some of the 26's morning trips could turn into the 10 at Water Tower and then operate throughout the day. In terms of reliefs, the MSI isn't too far from 57th/Stony Island, so drivers can just walk there and hop on either the 15 or 28 to 103rd. I know I've mentioned this idea before, but last time I don't think I made it very clear what I was proposing.

For years I thought the 10 ran completely out of 77th and that the 10 was interlined with the 2. Then later on I thought it ran out of 103rd because the 192 did that as well and just assumed it was interlined with the 26 somehow, but that was before they expanded the hours for the 26. I've always been curious about that route lol

Speaking of garage assignments and the 10, I've always wondered why it runs completely from Kedzie and isn't at least shared with 103rd, especially considering that Kedzie is always struggling with space. Looking at the schedule, there are three northbound-only trips in the afternoon, and I think those could run as 26 deadheads from 103rd instead. Additionally, since the 10 only uses a few buses at a time (I believe maximum 5), I feel like some of the 26's morning trips could turn into the 10 at Water Tower and then operate throughout the day. In terms of reliefs, the MSI isn't too far from 57th/Stony Island, so drivers can just walk there and hop on either the 15 or 28 to 103rd. I know I've mentioned this idea before, but last time I don't think I made it very clear what I was proposing.

Probably because it goes to the water tower since the 125 (K) also goes there

3 hours ago, Anthony Devera said:

Doesn't the 37 (a Chicago route) also operate in the loop?

Interlining with 26 would add to the cost compared to K interlining 10 and 130 with 143, 125 and 134 which are strictly rush hour. 26 you would have to add a few buses since you have to replace those buses that are staying downtown for a trip on the 10 instead of coming back to 103rd to return north. Maybe interlining the 3 northbound trips with some PM 26 might work though since it would put a bus downtown for SB service instead of a dead head from 103rd. andearly AM piece on the 10 that 103rd were to hypothetically run could come from some of the last deadheads on the 28.

34 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Totally forgot about that, especially cause in my mind I thought it ran out of K since it did the loop and near north side

For years I thought the 10 ran completely out of 77th and that the 10 was interlined with the 2. Then later on I thought it ran out of 103rd because the 192 did that as well and just assumed it was interlined with the 26 somehow, but that was before they expanded the hours for the 26. I've always been curious about that route lol

It was always K till sometime in the early 2000s when it was passed back and forth or split with 77th but 103rd was never in the mix

1 minute ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Now that we're actually talking about the 10 lol

• Does MScI pay for the route or subsidize it in any way?
  • Why does it run down State St and to WTP instead of to OTC/Union like the 124 & 130?

Tourism and shopping go hand and hand. Anyone going to the metra after shopping wouldn’t need a one seat ride so they have 151 after they’re done. And yes the museum pays 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mark1135chicago said:

First time posting, I’ve been larking in this website since 2012 I’m 18 now, decide to finally make an account! Here’s this New Flyer DE40FT 1658, route: 60, with a black interior. Only road it 3 times in my life and finally got a pic

Welcome! And btw that's a D40LF

1 hour ago, Policeman said:

Now this is what you call extremely rare

4319 55: Garfield 55 -609 6 (74th)

I believe that is a bus from 103rd.   The question is if 103rd is filling in or if a 74th driver is actually operating the bus?  If the latter,  will he have to return the bus to SS or 103rd?  What happens if there's a street relief who isn't certified to operate an artic?  Perhaps all drivers are certified,  but wouldn't it be a  terrible surprise to have not seen an artic in months or years and you see you are relieving someone with an artic bus on a route that never has artics?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark1135chicago said:

First time posting, I’ve been larking in this website since 2012 I’m 18 now, decide to finally make an account! Here’s this New Flyer DE40FT 1658, route: 60, with a black interior. Only road it 3 times in my life and finally got a pic1CB943AA-7754-4665-B836-6BE2228E4A57.thumb.jpeg.ad64f94a299f13946aa50ab5c52ca60b.jpegFA473EE2-C1F9-4BD0-A45D-C109472B8999.thumb.jpeg.336356f37cefbaa89d1423ac7e524d60.jpeg944FF308-C617-4A91-8A23-07CFAAEC3ABE.thumb.jpeg.e60eeb44700a3b9c5c2b45fd4c2e9f8f.jpeg

Me and u are the same age I made 18 months ago and I knew I would find a match???

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I believe that is a bus from 103rd.   The question is if 103rd is filling in or if a 74th driver is actually operating the bus?  If the latter,  will he have to return the bus to SS or 103rd?  What happens if there's a street relief who isn't certified to operate an artic?  Perhaps all drivers are certified,  but wouldn't it be a  terrible surprise to have not seen an artic in months or years and you see you are relieving someone with an artic bus on a route that never has artics?

It was probably a glitch because after 10 mins it was gone. 

Then this was at 1:30

4322 79: 79th 79 -710 7 (77th)

15 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I went to see 8350 up close & person I think they should have tinted the driver window also since this bus has a number on but called a prototype it will it ever go into serivce cuz all the other prototypes didnt have a number on it like how the 6400 prototype didnt 

Nice job, most prototype buses don’t really see service like the rest of the fleet, I believe the reason why the original #6400 didn’t have the number on it probably because there was a second #6400 so they wouldn’t get two buses with the same number mixed up lol if that’s the case but that one was sold, same goes for the in service #1000 that was built in 2007 that replaced the original #1000 that also don’t have the number as of today built in late 2005.