Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Then the amount of interlining that started increasing didn’t help either. You’d have a lightly used route interlined with something heavy like 68 and 56, 88/81, etc so you’d have optimas end up on a heavy run being crush loaded while a 40ft ended up on a feeder wasting space

Most of the time it goes like this

68 > 88 > 81W > 85A and back to 68

24 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I still think 35ft buses have their place at CTA, especially at the FG, 103rd & 74th, but there would definitely need restructuring to make it work. Maybe the West Midway routes interlined with each other? Those routes being interlined with the 59 and not each other still doesn't make sense to me, I just assumed it was for driver reliefs. 

But yeah, routes like the 55A, 30, 111A, 93, 54A, 96, etc don't need consistent 40 ft service

Add the 39. 43, 59, and 100 to that least.  I would also say the 31, but we know those buses come from the 1.  I might be tempted to add the 48, but I with Harper and Lundbloom High School nearby, I don't know if that is practical.   

The problem with interlining Midway routes with the 55 is the 20 minute intervals on 59 and the fact that the 59 doesn't run on Sundays  

The 30 used to have packed trips because it runs near CVS Jigh School,  but outside of those trips, I agree.

47 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Add the 39. 43, 59, and 100 to that least.  I would also say the 31, but we know those buses come from the 1.  I might be tempted to add the 48, but I with Harper and Lundbloom High School nearby, I don't know if that is practical.   

The problem with interlining Midway routes with the 55 is the 20 minute intervals on 59 and the fact that the 59 doesn't run on Sundays  

The 30 used to have packed trips because it runs near CVS Jigh School,  but outside of those trips, I agree.

I feel like school runs could be addressed separately in terms of getting another 40 ft for those 1 or 2 runs (doesn't the 62 borrow an artic from K for a school run?). 

I was thinking the Midway routes would be better interlined with each other, not sure where the 55 came from. From my passenger perspective, it seems simpler to keep the same ~7 (or however many necessary) buses on all 5 of those routes only, like how @Policeman stated it works on those Jeff Pk routes

14 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

So with the city trying to mandate city works get vaxxed do that mean CTA gone try to force use cuz if they do they can kiss my ass in not getting that seen the crooked things the government do first hand so I dont trust em far as I can throw em

I don't think CTA works are wholly city employees (as opposed to someone working directly for the city of chicago), but any public facing job requiring public interaction needs to have a vaccination mandate for their employees

13 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I don't think CTA works are wholly city employees (as opposed to someone working directly for the city of chicago), but any public facing job requiring public interaction needs to have a vaccination mandate for their employees

Yea I was thinking the same cuz our union dont deal contracts with the city but I'm not for that vaxx thing just dont trust the goverment

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

So with the city trying to mandate city works get vaxxed do that mean CTA gone try to force use cuz if they do they can kiss my ass in not getting that seen the crooked things the government do first hand so I dont trust em far as I can throw em

Funny how they want to mandate the vaccine that's supposed to protect people from the virus, yet VACCINATED people are getting the virus.  Just like flu shots, don't people know that a strain of the virus is in the vaccine itself?  If i am going to catch something,  I'll catch it.  Don't inject me with it.  

10 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Funny how they want to mandate the vaccine that's supposed to protect people from the virus, yet VACCINATED people are getting the virus.  Just like flu shots, don't people know that a strain of the virus is in the vaccine itself?  If i am going to catch something,  I'll catch it.  Don't inject me with it.  

Same I said plus how they come out with a vax but wont relase the cure for cancer or aids unless you got that money 

23 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

The producers don’t know what vaccines are, they are supposed to protect u against the virus not catch it. I heard a few reports of a fully vaccinated woman dying from COVID-19 after she caught it, one of the breakthrough infections driven by the delta variant. The problem is people aren’t getting vaccinated or partially vaccinated, make the vaccines 100% fully effective not around 95% effective The Johnson & Johnson Vaccine is just being sidelined a lot because of the issues found in rare cases in people who took the shot. They have terrible results for these Vaccines tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Same I said plus how they come out with a vax but wont relase the cure for cancer or aids unless you got that money 

There's no money in cures.  There's big money in pharmaceuticals.  With proper eating,  which I don't do, a lot of stuff can be cured or prevented.  But nowadays, the government is allowing food tampering so even that is hurting us.  Food like grades and watermelons are supposed to have seeds in them.  Oranges used to have seeds in them.  Where dad the seeds go?  If the foods are altered. They can't do everything they were designed to do.   But for money, the food industry and the government allow it.

Somewhat related,  Delta Airlines isn't requiring vaccinations,  but unvaccinated employees will see a $200 per month increase in their insurance premiums. 

I believe that the time will come when vaccinated people will receive an implanted chip and people without that chip won't be able to buy food. 

Well this is what HR put out not to long ago in regards to the vaccine.Almost everyone in my family has caught the first strand of the virus and survived, a few have gotten the vaccine this past spring while I'm still on the fence about it. All in all this trail and error with the constant mutation of the virus is getting more serious by the day. I don't know who to believe at this point.  

FB_IMG_1630079055938.jpg

9 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well this is what HR put out not to long ago in regards to the vaccine.Almost everyone in my family has caught the first strand of the virus and survived, a few have gotten the vaccine this past spring while I'm still on the fence about it. All in all this trail and error with the constant mutation of the virus is getting more serious by the day. I don't know who to believe at this point.  

FB_IMG_1630079055938.jpg

Smh this is gonna cause a labor nightmare