Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

51 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Ye i am ready to see it active again

It could be but it’s gonna be strange that the 4000 series rehab project never happened while the 43’s get rehabbed instead wow

At this point, given the 4000s are at retirement age, would it really make sense to rehab them?  It could be that the next CTA order will be for artics.  They may not order 200, but they have to make plans to replace them.   The 4300s are 8 years old and with rehabs could last awhile longer. Why the 4000s didn't get rehabs is beyond me. 

12 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

At this point, given the 4000s are at retirement age, would it really make sense to rehab them?  It could be that the next CTA order will be for artics.  They may not order 200, but they have to make plans to replace them.   The 4300s are 8 years old and with rehabs could last awhile longer. Why the 4000s didn't get rehabs is beyond me. 

At first I thought the rehab was gonna happen during or after the #1000s get rehabbed back in late 2014 to early 2015 tbh. It does make sense to run what’s left in them besides giving them a rehab since they are at retirement age along with the #1000s just like when the #800s and #900s needed rehab but those are only expected to do a 1 year test operation for each series and then get retired, but CTA did keep them a little while the #800s for 13 years and the #900s for 7 years.

16 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

At first I thought the rehab was gonna happen during or after the #1000s get rehabbed back in late 2014 to early 2015 tbh. It does make sense to run what’s left in them besides giving them a rehab since they are at retirement age along with the #1000s just like when the #800s and #900s needed rehab but those are only expected to do a 1 year test operation for each series and then get retired, but CTA did keep them a little while the #800s for 13 years and the #900s for 7 years.

Ye and I heard about the major rehab plan a few years ago and wow that just got cancelled If the Arctic’s are still pre rehab 

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Dam I thought the 4000's was rehabbed a year or 2 after the 10's got rehabbed

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Ye and I heard about the major rehab plan a few years ago and wow that just got cancelled If the Arctic’s are still pre rehab 

Fr it seems like CTA doesn’t like to rehab Hybrids like that to me, even if the #4300s are soon due for a rehab the 32 Hybrids mixed with the 66 diesels originally it was 33 hybrids but #4323 and #4333 are retired so 98 of them will get the rehab. 

5 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Fr it seems like CTA doesn’t like to rehab Hybrids like that to me, even if the #4300s are soon due for a rehab the 32 Hybrids mixed with the 66 diesels originally it was 33 hybrids but #4323 and #4333 are retired so 98 of them will get the rehab. 

Ye but 4374 got rehabbed so it’ll be 97 left to go

8 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

The first bus to get rehabbed in the 4300-series. I hope the rehabs shouldn’t take that long like the D40LFs rehab since there is only 98 remaining on the active roster.

Ye I’m not sure how long it’ll take probably 4357 is next that one hasn’t been active since 2019

8 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Ye I’m not sure how long it’ll take probably 4357 is next that one hasn’t been active since 2019

Whatever is the unknown issue going on causing the #4300s to go defunct for up to a couple of months to a year or longer is a mystery, hopefully the rehabs will solve the crime and keep them off the fence for now until they wear down again.

2 hours ago, ajm522 said:

They put in a new type of driver shield on 1606. It’s black and see likes more protection for the driver. If anyone catches it, it looks interesting. 

Ahhh yes #1606 that bus has had that shield for a while now I think, I wonder if that'll be the standard for the next rehab of the #1000s.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Will the 8350s get them also?

I think they'll be the same as what the 8325s came with.

43 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

@YoungBusLoverany word on #8350? is still in the same spot untouched?

Yeah it's still in the same spot it'll eventually get moved back into the facility for further training and analyzing. 

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Ahhh yes #1606 that bus has had that shield for a while now I think, I wonder if that'll be the standard for the next rehab of the #1000s.

When they do start rehabbing the last 430 of the #1000s I hope so too, I kinda wish they can keep a few 2006 models in service while they retire the rest soon.