Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

Hello!

Visiting your lovely city this week and a couple of my traveling friends experienced a Ventra app bug on their iPhones. When they went to scan into the metro, it failed and when they opened the app there was a notice on their card status that said “account suspended”.

After about a half hour of troubleshooting customer service found the fix - remove the Ventra card from Apple Pay, then re-add it.

This should remove the account suspension warning from the app and you should be good to swipe.

Hope this helps!

Mods, it might be nice to have a tech tips section for troubles like this. Sorry if there is one and I couldn’t find it!

4 hours ago, SgrtClober said:

Hello!

Visiting your lovely city this week and a couple of my traveling friends experienced a Ventra app bug on their iPhones. When they went to scan into the metro, it failed and when they opened the app there was a notice on their card status that said “account suspended”.

After about a half hour of troubleshooting customer service found the fix - remove the Ventra card from Apple Pay, then re-add it.

This should remove the account suspension warning from the app and you should be good to swipe.

Hope this helps!

Mods, it might be nice to have a tech tips section for troubles like this. Sorry if there is one and I couldn’t find it!

We don’t have a tech section here but ye good tip for Chicago visitors that read this forum when their ventra app glitches ??

4 hours ago, SgrtClober said:

Hello!

Hope this helps!

Yeah I don’t know what genius decide to use “account suspended” as a way of saying to just add money. Next time you don’t have to go through all that it’s not really suspended you just need to add a fare. I had a scare like that a few weeks ago when using the app for the first time vs just paying occasionally to ride 

5 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Was anyone aware that the #152 was given extended Saturday service?

Now on Saturdays, eastbound buses will operate later with the last bus from Cumberland to Lake Shore departing at 9:20p. Westbound buses after 8:20p will operate from Lake Shore to Central until 10:20p.

I thought the Addison bus ran later then that

5 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

A guy died on the red line tracks at Roosevelt & state after landing & laying on the 3rd rail getting cooked 

5 hours ago, Policeman said:

Not again, like why are people going onto the tracks

Could have been a drug addicted person.  I've seen people in the subway just nearby completely out of it.  They couldn't even sit up .  At that stage you know they can barely stand up and can't walk straight.   So if an addict falls on the tracks,...

7 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I thought the Addison bus ran later then that

13 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Was anyone aware that the #152 was given extended Saturday service?

Now on Saturdays, eastbound buses will operate later with the last bus from Cumberland to Lake Shore departing at 9:20p. Westbound buses after 8:20p will operate from Lake Shore to Central until 10:20p.

Hopefully this attention some support routes been getting (8A was just extended to midnight, J14 given more hours) takes pressure off the trunk lines getting hammered. 

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Could have been a drug addicted person.  I've seen people in the subway just nearby completely out of it.  They couldn't even sit up .  At that stage you know they can barely stand up and can't walk straight.   So if an addict falls on the tracks,...

Yea I use to see those all the time on the rails

45 minutes ago, chitowndude84 said:

WOW !!! Now our bus drivers are getting shot ? "The adventures of Chiraq" continue !!

Soon bus manufactures will have to offer a option for driver side bulletproof glass?

I hope the transit union "slaps" Beetlejuice in her face with this horrific event !! 

What does the creoked mayor have to do with this she dont tell them to go shoot people always blame the crooked Politicians when do they ever blame the trigger pullers aint no crooked politcian gone come in & stop shootings it gotta stop fron the inside in not people from the outside they dont know what to do