Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

19 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

All of the #1300s are 2006 models, the first 2007 models start around the 1430 mark. 

20210926_192949.jpg

20210926_192944.jpg

Oh dang I almost forgot that the first 430 or so D40LFs #1001-1429 are 2006 models the second #1000 (2006 model) was built after #1429 I believe and came before #1430, the next 201, #1430-1629 they are 2007 models. Because of #1229 built in August 2007 (months from 2008) I was guessing that could be 201 buses built throughout 2007. #1630-1929 (300) are 2008 models and #1930-2029 (100) are 2009 models. Correct me if I’m wrong on this anywhere on my comment. I’m only a couple months in as a new member lol. 

39 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Oh dang I almost forgot that the first 430 or so D40LFs #1001-1429 are 2006 models the second #1000 (2006 model) was built after #1429 I believe and came before #1430, the next 201, #1430-1629 they are 2007 models. Because of #1229 built in August 2007 (months from 2008) I was guessing that could be 201 buses built throughout 2007. #1630-1929 (300) are 2008 models and #1930-2029 (100) are 2009 models. Correct me if I’m wrong on this anywhere on my comment. I’m only a couple months in as a new member lol. 

Aw don’t worry it’s ok yesterday (I think) I learned that was a typo on the plate I guess since searching up on the forums 1229 was active in March of 2007 so I’m thinking it was supposed to say august 2006 on the plate

5 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Aw don’t worry it’s ok yesterday (I think) I learned that was a typo on the plate I guess since searching up on the forums 1229 was active in March of 2007 so I’m thinking it was supposed to say august 2006 on the plate

They probably accidentally typed in the wrong year on the plate when it was built, I still don’t believe #1229 is a 2007 model in the other hand it is extremely odd to see one of the early #1000s get manufactured and delivered late. All the other buses in the #1001-1244 range were delivered in February 2006. #1001-1020 were manufactured in 2005 along with the original #1000. While #1021 and up are 2006 models. 

54 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

bus bunching seems to be a common thing on the #3 King Drive i got #1300 and #1316 back to back playing tag with each other and then #1312 and #7972 doing the same thing @YoungBusLover

It be like that cuz this morning me & 1682 & 1606 us 3 was playing tag on the 82 this morning

11 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

It be like that cuz this morning me & 1682 & 1606 us 3 was playing tag on the 82 this morning

on top of it they keep messing with the #3 once they reach 79th southbound bus bunching and supervisor isn’t sending any northbound letting them continue to 95/CSU like why not short turn one that’s late at 79th

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

bus bunching seems to be a common thing on the #3 King Drive i got #1300 and #1316 back to back playing tag with each other and then #1312 and #7972 doing the same thing @YoungBusLover

When I drove motorcoaches, I learned there was an art and a science in driving downtown,  especially on Michigan Ave.   I also learned on other streets.   The key is not to get stuck behind right turn traffic.  When not boarding or alighted passengers,  the middle lane is your best friend   Some CTA drivers haven't mastered this, and these are the ones that fall behind schedule.  The order thing is that if you have other buses in front of you, leave enough room to get around them rather than continually follow that bus.  These rules are imperative along Michigan between Chicago and Congress.  The North Park drivers seem very adept at this as are some. 77th and 103rd drivers.

21 hours ago, artthouwill said:

When I drove motorcoaches, I learned there was an art and a science in driving downtown,  especially on Michigan Ave.   I also learned on other streets.   The key is not to get stuck behind right turn traffic.  When not boarding or alighted passengers,  the middle lane is your best friend   Some CTA drivers haven't mastered this, and these are the ones that fall behind schedule.  The order thing is that if you have other buses in front of you, leave enough room to get around them rather than continually follow that bus.  These rules are imperative along Michigan between Chicago and Congress.  The North Park drivers seem very adept at this as are some. 77th and 103rd drivers.

When I had the 3/4 I would usually want to be behind at least 6 or 7 minutes because I would always run early once I got to 35th and Cottage. So basically that 6-7 minutes of being down getting out of the downtown area balances itself out once I get to 35th. I normally try to help my leader out if there down and throw the 7/8 minute headway schedule out the door. I'll run hot by about 2 minutes on average until they can catch back up on time but not everyone will be on the same agenda as me and they'll just sit behind me while I clean up the street.

39 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

When I had the 3/4 I would usually want to be behind at least 6 or 7 minutes because I would always run early once I got to 35th and Cottage. So basically that 6-7 minutes of being down getting out of the downtown area balances itself out once I get to 35th. I normally try to help my leader out if there down and throw the 7/8 minute headway schedule out the door. I'll run hot by about 2 minutes on average until they can catch back up on time but not everyone will be on the same agenda as me and they'll just sit behind me while I clean up the street.

no matter the day or time of day you’ll see 2 buses chasing each other either down cottage or down king one of the drivers cleaning everything up since the 3 is like my daily bus i’ve experienced it lol but those aren’t the only routes that bunch there’s plenty more (ex: 147 151 146 81 92 22 20 60 66 77)

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I shall now blame you for every incident of bus bunching I've seen on these routes. Hmph. (?)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I shall now blame you for every incident of bus bunching I've seen on these routes. Hmph. (?)

I have no shame.? In all seriousness though bus bunching still occurs for the same reasons as it did before. Incompetent operators don't want to help out there leader when they're down. Some will cry but "I'm running on time and I can't pass you sorry buddy."  They'll literally will rid behind you until you're 3/4 of the way through the route and then pass you at the tale end with an empty bus. 

9 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

i have #1393 kneeling sound on my youtube channel it was a while back and yea 1042 has the some one BUT ITS LOUD

Ye it’s especially loud in the back kinda glad I recorded it tho if I didn’t record it I would’ve already forgotten it and I would’ve had to hunt down the same bus again which is kinda hard tbh. Loved it sound???

20 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Ye it’s especially loud in the back kinda glad I recorded it tho if I didn’t record it I would’ve already forgotten it and I would’ve had to hunt down the same bus again which is kinda hard tbh. Loved it sound???

1393’s kneeling sound got fixed it’s only 1042 left that i know of but if u tryna catch him recently he’s been on routes from jefferson park 

8 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1393’s kneeling sound got fixed it’s only 1042 left that i know of but if u tryna catch him recently he’s been on routes from jefferson park 

Oh don’t worry I caught a video of 1393 in May with the current flyer kneeling so now I got both 1393 and 1042. How long 1042 had the special kneeling if you know?