Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

52 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I couldn't agree more but getting back on topic, the reports for why the operator was shot in the face was for simply telling the offender that it's the end of the line and time to get off which is what we all do including myself especially while working on 79th street going towards the lakefront on any route for that matter, I care more about my safety than anything because of incidents like this one. I don't know the tone in which the operator may have said it towards the offender but nonetheless it shouldn't of escalated that quickly. Some of these passenger feel more entitled than ever before to speak and act the way they do towards us because they know there won't be any penalty for there actions. We end up doing all the right things by the book sometimes depending the situation and now we've been shot at over a mask mandate several times and now taken bullets for simply saying "Hey it's the end of the line time to vacate the bus please." Alla words of Chi Chi the bus driver..... Just an unfortunate situation all around. 

i really hope that operator gets well soon and gets back to driving??i seen the picture and everything 

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

1) It's Black people 2) There is overwhelming evidence the Black community is over-policed, especially in comparison to other races, notably White people. For example, drug-related offenses make this very obvious; White people and Black people do drugs at nearly the same rates, but the ratio of Black people in jail vs White people is very skewed against. The notion that too many Black people are committing crimes needs to be re-examined and dispensed with; we still don't make up more than ~12% of this country's population and it's dangerous rhetoric regardless.

That being said, all this discussion is very off-topic. Political discourse on the forums I don't mind, but we need to make a separate topic for it if we're going to have non transit-related political discussions. This is, after all, Random CTA and we've somewhat strayed from that.

While it seems like it's unrelated to the topic, it very much is.  Politics has a direct effect on transit funding,transit policy, etc.  Even nontransit decisions concerning crime, prosecution and the like affect transit.  There are so many Black men that can't handle the word NO that something as simple as not being able to ride past the end of the line can cause someone to shoot the bus driver. 

Years ago,  I almost got stabbed on a train.  A guy sat next to me and he was looking at me.   I knew he had something underneath his coat which I figured to be a knife.  In response. I just stared out the window.  Due to the reflection I could see him still staring at me with one hand in his coat.  But I rode from 79th to 69th not once taking my eyes away from the window.   At 69th the conductor who was in the same car held the train until the guy got up and walked off the train. 

I knew a CTA driver who lived on the south side but he would only work out of FG.  He didn't want to deal with the hassle he would face on the south side and wouldn't want to face any offenders who might recognize him when he was off duty.  I know every driver doesn't have that luxury.

My point was that Black people keep supporting me same people and the same policies of the same political party for my entire life and the fruit is things are getting worse and not better.   Therefore if we vote for different people with different policies,  it is possible to see some different results.   But the people also have to take some accountability for how children are being raised,  their own poor choices. etc.  The government isn't responsible for raising children and making them into responsible adults.  You should see the number of young   ad in under 12  years,  kids riding the trains after dark especially on the south end west sides. 

5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

1) It's Black people 2) There is overwhelming evidence the Black community is over-policed, especially in comparison to other races, notably White people. For example, drug-related offenses make this very obvious; White people and Black people do drugs at nearly the same rates, but the ratio of Black people in jail vs White people is very skewed against. The notion that too many Black people are committing crimes needs to be re-examined and dispensed with; we still don't make up more than ~12% of this country's population and it's dangerous rhetoric regardless.

That being said, all this discussion is very off-topic. Political discourse on the forums I don't mind, but we need to make a separate topic for it if we're going to have non transit-related political discussions. This is, after all, Random CTA and we've somewhat strayed from that.

Exactly bro its too dam over policed like for what they dont protect nor serve us but all of these elcted officals aint nothing but crooks no matter what party they are they make their campaigns off our backs to not do nothing that helps they only help they rich white buddies

1 hour ago, NovaBusFan said:

Most likely a month I think 

Theres an operator on the #82 that runs north through Fullerton about 720am. That same run had #8011 today and yesterday #8104. Maybe it is true only a few operators are qualified to run a  #7900. I think it is almost a certainty kedzie will be getting novas, but alot of garages will have them maybe all of them. 

17 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Theres an operator on the #82 that runs north through Fullerton about 720am. That same run had #8011 today and yesterday #8104. Maybe it is true only a few operators are qualified to run a  #7900. I think it is almost a certainty kedzie will be getting novas, but alot of garages will have them maybe all of them. 

Yep their at 6 out of 7 garages. North Park is the only one that doesn’t have any.

Now this is jsut messed up. The passenger that shot also spat on the driver. Apparently the driver was trying to turn him over to the police. Sad that the best solution in stuff this wild is to just let a nasty SOB walk away and wait for the police. They need to let drivers at least carry mace 

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Now this is jsut messed up. The passenger that shot also spat on the driver. Apparently the driver was trying to turn him over to the police. Sad that the best solution in stuff this wild is to just let a nasty SOB walk away and wait for the police. They need to let drivers at least carry mace 

Exactly these drivers have their lives put at risk on the streets getting people from point A to point B right through the areas where shooting take place.

6 minutes ago, Policeman said:

Yeah i saw that on the 146 schedule bus I'm wondering why the 151 im on (1791) is terminating at Foster 

probably going to a different route it happens with the 147 as well the other day i had 1790 NB to howard supervisor at foster/sheridan ended his trip early and 1790 went NB on the 151

8 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

probably going to a different route it happens with the 147 as well the other day i had 1790 NB to howard supervisor at foster/sheridan ended his trip early and 1790 went NB on the 151

I've had at least three 151s end at Foster, because the relief driver never showed up.  All in the last year.

10 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

that’s what happen on my 147 trip the other day relief never was to be found 

I had one SB 147, canceled due to no relief driver.  Even worse, the driver who was supposed to be relieved didn't flag down his follower, so we could switch buses.  He claimed he didn't know his relief didn't show, even though we were waiting over five minutes for him.  Finally the supervisor that sits there, put a different relief driver on our bus & we went, something like 10 minutes late.

What really annoys me is that the CTA has reliefs both NB & SB at Foster.  They should only due NB relief for the 147, because almost everyone using it, especially in the rush hour is going somewhere & needs to be there on time, mostly for work, but some go to medical appointments downtown.   But going North, we just have to get home.  Sure it's nice to get home quickly, but at least if a NB run doesn't get relief, we can't get in trouble for being late to work or missing an appointment. 

And all those 151s that had a missing relief were NB.  What makes no sense with those, is, the not relieved driver was instructed to take the empty bus North to Bryn Mawr & then back to North Park.  Why not let that driver finish the run at Clark/Devon with passengers & then go to North Park?

So what is the punishment from CTA for missing a relief?

53 minutes ago, strictures said:

I had one SB 147, canceled due to no relief driver.  Even worse, the driver who was supposed to be relieved didn't flag down his follower, so we could switch buses.  He claimed he didn't know his relief didn't show, even though we were waiting over five minutes for him.  Finally the supervisor that sits there, put a different relief driver on our bus & we went, something like 10 minutes late.

What really annoys me is that the CTA has reliefs both NB & SB at Foster.  They should only due NB relief for the 147, because almost everyone using it, especially in the rush hour is going somewhere & needs to be there on time, mostly for work, but some go to medical appointments downtown.   But going North, we just have to get home.  Sure it's nice to get home quickly, but at least if a NB run doesn't get relief, we can't get in trouble for being late to work or missing an appointment. 

And all those 151s that had a missing relief were NB.  What makes no sense with those, is, the not relieved driver was instructed to take the empty bus North to Bryn Mawr & then back to North Park.  Why not let that driver finish the run at Clark/Devon with passengers & then go to North Park?

So what is the punishment from CTA for missing a relief?

Many routes have NB and SB reliefs.   It may depend on where the driver starts.  CTA has to honor rules as to how many hours a driver can work before a break is required.  CTA also has to try to balance work hours.  

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Many routes have NB and SB reliefs.   It may depend on where the driver starts.  CTA has to honor rules as to how many hours a driver can work before a break is required.  CTA also has to try to balance work hours.  

Yea cuz after like 10-15 mins if the relief still not there the driver is told to pull in

18 hours ago, strictures said:

I've had at least three 151s end at Foster, because the relief driver never showed up.  All in the last year.

I've lost count of 79 trips that end with the bus driver and/or supervisor telling all the passengers to get off and wait for the next bus at the red line and 77th entrance because the relief wasn't there. Always a morning wb trip when I was trying to get to work. The worst one might've been the evening eb trip where me and 7 other passengers were unceremoniously dumped at the dunkin donuts and the bus driver pulled into the garage, we were all stunned. Fortunately we were saved by another driver pulling out and starting his run right there