8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

13 hours ago, jajuan said:

If the rumor holds up to be true and the Blue Line shutdown plays into it, I'd think it would be from an angle of shoring up being able to place 40 foot buses on some runs that currently are getting artics to free up artics for the shuttle routes. There's also the aspect of those routes at K that serve Pink and Green Line stations since CTA is pushing those two lines as rail alternatives for reaching downtown and has indicated longer trains will be on both during the shutdown. Outside that, I don't see 40 foot buses for the shuttles directly except maybe overnight on the local shuttle route since that's the lightest level of Blue Line ridership. Even then, it's likely a very slim chance of it.

apparently 567 is asking every garage if they wanna participate in the blue line shuttle service…..i don’t think K can handle it on its own lol

On 7/9/2023 at 8:32 AM, YoungBusLover said:

I've compiled a list together of 8350s that are currently in the process of being entered into serivce. All 27 have there license plates but still have a lot of work to be done on them before they're ready to go. 

24. #8529                                                                            25. #8565                                                                                26. #8564                                                                                27. #8543                      

5 minutes ago, Ghoul said:

Well not to spoil the surprise but 8452 and 8457 hit service but out of 77th ??

Of all the garages why 77th? In all seriousness though I guess the breakdowns have finally caught up to us again because we've been struggling as of late, I wonder if these will be temporary because Kedzie should be in line to get #8350s soon. 

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Of all the garages why 77th? In all seriousness though I guess the breakdowns have finally caught up to us again because we've been struggling as of late, I wonder if these will be temporary because Kedzie should be in line to get #8350s soon. 

I wouldn't be surprised if 7 and K got them.  Remember CTA exercised Option 3 which will take the Novas up to 8749.  That wouldeave 6 and C as the last two garages to get them.  Unless the New Flyers start an epic breakdown, NP will still be all New Flyer for a good while.

3 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

Send them back to where they came from, I don’t want no more of this junk at my garage 

37 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

...In all seriousness though I guess the breakdowns have finally caught up to us again because we've been struggling as of late, I wonder if these will be temporary because Kedzie should be in line to get #8350s soon. 

That seems to be the explanation for it, especially since most of the Xed out buses are in the 1630 and up range. Sort of like when the 1000s arrived, it looked like 74th wasn't getting any, then it got 30, which was about the number of 6000s that was out of service. No way to tell if the Novas K now has are loaners or, as @andrethebusman99 said, the computer keeps track of the buses, although you confirmed K next getting 8500s, above.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Busjack said:

That seems to be the explanation for it, especially since most of the Xed out buses are in the 1630 and up range. Sort of like when the 1000s arrived, it looked like 74th wasn't getting any, then it got 30, which was about the number of 6000s that was out of service. No way to tell if the Novas K now has are loaners or, as @andrethebusman99 said, the computer keeps track of the buses, although you confirmed K next getting 8500s, above.

Well K has had Novas for over a year at least, starting with buses from the end of the 79XX range that were previously assigned to 77th with buses from the lower end of the 81XX range added to those in recent months that were transferred from C as part of what C transferred out when it got a number of 8350s. So they're permanent assignments for the time being. At this point, it's more a question of when 8350s start going to K and how many it will get given that CTA is theoretically supposed to have at least 430 New Flyer standards left after the current diesel contract is fulfilled. I don't count the 600s or any other potential electric buses into the equation just yet because they more or less served more to knock out what was left of the 6400s.

On 8/3/2023 at 10:49 AM, jajuan said:

Well K has had Novas for over a year at least, starting with buses from the end of the 79XX range that were previously assigned to 77th with buses from the lower end of the 81XX range added to those in recent months that were transferred from C as part of what C transferred out when it got a number of 8350s. So they're permanent assignments for the time being. At this point, it's more a question of when 8350s start going to K and how many it will get given that CTA is theoretically supposed to have at least 430 New Flyer standards left after the current diesel contract is fulfilled. I don't count the 600s or any other potential electric buses into the equation just yet because they more or less served more to knock out what was left of the 6400s.

K then had novas since 2019 round Oct or Nov I had a pic in my phone when the first few of the very first 7900's showed up at K

On 8/4/2023 at 1:03 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

K then had novas since 2019 round Oct or Nov I had a pic in my phone when the first few of the very first 7900's showed up at K

I guess the question is an incidental number up to now to cover for shorts compared to what I estimate will be 80 after option 2 is completed. As @YoungBusLover implied by posting the training notice, the collision avoidance system must make the current ones different from the early 7900s.

And see here in the 7900s topic.