8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

37 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well I guess if Mr.Carter wants them at C he'll definitely use them for P/R. #8577 sits behind them. 

FB_IMG_1695948847022.jpg

FB_IMG_1695948854888.jpg

Approximately where in Austin does Brandon Johnson live?  Maybe he lives north of Madison  which puts him in C's territory?  With F having new buses running north and south on Austin and Central and C running buses on Laramie,  Cicero,  and Pulaski  as well as Madison,  Chicago,  Division,  and North,  his area is well covered with newer CTA equipment  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Approximately where in Austin does Brandon Johnson live?  Maybe he lives north of Madison  which puts him in C's territory?  With F having new buses running north and south on Austin and Central and C running buses on Laramie,  Cicero,  and Pulaski  as well as Madison,  Chicago,  Division,  and North,  his area is well covered with newer CTA equipment  

Looking at what was embedded with the picture, it was a FB post for the Second Chance Program, not Johnson congratulating himself for a new bus.

17 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Looking at what was embedded with the picture, it was a FB post for the Second Chance Program, not Johnson congratulating himself for a new bus.

I'm well aware of the occasion .  That doesn't negate the question as far as C getting newer buses.   Dorval Carter didn't necessarily need 8577 for the photo op but since it was there, why not?

While Brandon Johnson would never have admit publicly about pulling strings at 567, it's clear that he's not a fan of Dorval Carter and if he could fire him,  he would .  Just wondering if the mayor was influential in C getting new buses so soon 

57 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I'm well aware of the occasion .  That doesn't negate the question as far as C getting newer buses.   Dorval Carter didn't necessarily need 8577 for the photo op but since it was there, why not?

While Brandon Johnson would never have admit publicly about pulling strings at 567, it's clear that he's not a fan of Dorval Carter and if he could fire him,  he would .  Just wondering if the mayor was influential in C getting new buses so soon 

For a more direct response, the S-T says that a woman's body was found on the 5700 W block of Chicago Ave., near Johnson's home. So I guess he's lucky enough to live near a corpse and a bus charging station.

#8580    10/4/23, 3:40 PM    10/4/23, 4:00 PM    65    66 -859 has entered service at C bringing there total up to 34 now and #8551 finally got cleared from the Blue Line shuttle service to enter its first regular day of revenue service. #8580 has to be the quickest #8350 to be delivered and placed into service during these deliveries since it was spotted at SS on the 19th of Sept.   

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#8580    10/4/23, 3:40 PM    10/4/23, 4:00 PM    65    66 -859 has entered service at C bringing there total up to 34 now and #8551 finally got cleared from the Blue Line shuttle service to enter its first regular day of revenue service. #8580 has to be the quickest #8350 to be delivered and placed into service during these deliveries since it was spotted at SS on the 19th of Sept.   

37 total now

12 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#8626 and #8630 are at SS. I feel like I mentioned #8629 being here already as well but that may be a different 8600 behind that other set of #8350s. I couldn't quite tell so I'll probably check again later tonight.

#8626 was the bus you mentioned before, #8629 could be recent 

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I rode a new one on the 54B Wednesday.   But I am not a big NovaBusFan  to the point I didn't bother getting the bus number.  Heck I think there were only two buses on the entire route.

what i noticed is there’s pro’s n con’s to these garbage cans i’m a pure nova hater pure flyer lover but some of these new 8500’s are *somewhat* decent 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

#8583 has hit serivce out of C on the 74. I suspect more #8500s to hit serivce over the weekend from C. Hopefully K gets something.

The odd thing is that 77th received so few of them.  I thought they would get more.  So I expect at least one other garage to get some which would get them through Option 3.  Assuming the remaining two options are exercised,  that should be enough for every garage other than North Park to have Novas.  I believe the higher numbered New Flyers from C go to North Park  and maybe the 16xx and 17xx from K as well. 

13 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

The odd thing is that 77th received so few of them.  I thought they would get more.  So I expect at least one other garage to get some which would get them through Option 3.  Assuming the remaining two options are exercised,  that should be enough for every garage other than North Park to have Novas.  I believe the higher numbered New Flyers from C go to North Park  and maybe the 16xx and 17xx from K as well. 

77th getting some didn't make sense back then but once I got some clarity from maintenance a week or so ago it makes sense to me now. 77th will eventually off-load these elderly #7900s to an unknown garage which I'll assume will be 103rd or FG. Those higher numbered #1000s should end up at FG more so than NP. At least the Allisons since they have never been at FG in mass before. 

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

77th getting some didn't make sense back then but once I got some clarity from maintenance a week or so ago it makes sense to me now. 77th will eventually off-load these elderly #7900s to an unknown garage which I'll assume will be 103rd or FG. Those higher numbered #1000s should end up at FG more so than NP. At least the Allisons since they have never been at FG in mass before. 

I don't think transmissions matter.   Major transmission work would be done at South Shops anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 4:33 PM, Busjack said:

...which makes me think NP will get Novas, because it isn't going to survive on 1700s-1800s.

If they do, it might not be many given about 40% of their roster is artics and getting NFs from 103rd that were displaced by 8350s seems to have stabilized things similar to how the swap of NFs for higher numbered 7900-series Novas from FG seems to have stabilized things at Kedzie. Also part of the equation is that 430 NFs systemwide are supposed to survive a bit longer through a second rehab. Looking at @YoungBusLover's mention that he's hearing 77th has been getting 8350s to shed off some 7900s rather than 1000s, I'm seeing those more likely for FG since it found itself with a fair amount of option 3 NFs after the above mentioned swap with K. The number operable would seem to match what 8350s 77th got so far to shed off 7900s. It just feels like NP will get more base order and lower option NFs previously assigned to the west and south sides and what Novas it may possibly get will come out of the 8350s. Either way, they may not get many of either series of Novas when about half of their NF standards are already from lower option ranges that likely fit the likely rehab worthiness and past history with the Americanas and TMCs suggest a higher likelihood they'd get more NFs of that criteria from garages further south before seeing Novas.