8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

It's about time. Maybe these incoming #8600s will end up there as well during the month of November. ???

There's no rhyme or reason to these assignments.   So far from 8500 to 8599 77th, 103rd,  C, and now K have vuses and they haven't all been assigned yet.   I wouldn't be surprised if 74th actually gets in on the parade.

On 10/24/2023 at 4:45 PM, alphabetlore1044 said:

These 8550-8649 are now on maths22

Screenshot_20231024_164426_Chrome.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, that was reported already.

Anywho, finally something has made it to K. Though I'm not a big Nova fan, even I found it funny it took so long for newer Novas to finally make it to K after it being reported a few months ago that K's operators were getting training on them. And I agree with Art that these fleet numbers are all over the place now.

2 hours ago, RTD8481 said:

Anyone seen 8581 yet? That was my dads old CTA badge number from the 1970s   How high is this series going up to? 

#8581 is currently in serivce at Chicago Garage. #8576 and #8598 have popped up at C as well over the last couple of days. Add #8592 to K as well just noticed it was out today.

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

It appears to be "send some buses where we are short, and sort it out later."

There is no worldly reason to assign buses in groups any more. Fareboxes, radios, signs are all universal. A bus could change garages every week with no issues what so ever. So that is precisely what is happening. South Shops tells 567 we have 3 new ones ready to go today, 567 tells back C needs one, K needs one, 7 needs one today, and off they go.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

How in the hell did kedzie get new novas before 74th garage is beyond me smh ??

Well 74th has 124 7900s while Kedzie has 71 7900s plus 4 brand new #8350s. They're short equipment which has prompted the shift over older equipment for newer equipment over the past few months.