Nova LFSe

NovaHater

1 hour ago, NovaHater said:

I caught a glimpse of this LFSe this morning at South Shops. Sorry I couldn’t get better pictures on my way to pulling out a bus. Also so it at Navy Pier. I was pulling in and couldn’t stop in time before it left the charging station. 

090FF2AA-1755-4C49-9D3F-C4E6E7B594CB.jpeg

0B6F7D5D-6B1D-4217-8A08-57D904D57C92.jpeg

8F98AC38-E373-4434-9443-EEBCA3FAE44E.jpeg

B989EB81-F827-43D7-8CE6-18FD8AB52529.jpeg

Holy shit

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

this one looks boxy like the flyers but jus the front is the same

Looks like the difference between it and the LFS is that if it has the raised rear vents, the roof is even with its top.

10 hours ago, NovaHater said:

I caught a glimpse of this LFSe this morning at South Shops. Sorry I couldn’t get better pictures on my way to pulling out a bus. Also so it at Navy Pier. I was pulling in and couldn’t stop in time before it left the charging station. 

090FF2AA-1755-4C49-9D3F-C4E6E7B594CB.jpeg

0B6F7D5D-6B1D-4217-8A08-57D904D57C92.jpeg

8F98AC38-E373-4434-9443-EEBCA3FAE44E.jpeg

B989EB81-F827-43D7-8CE6-18FD8AB52529.jpeg

Wow that's way brand new

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well it's still at SS tonight and will probably be here until at least tomorrow. I'll try to get some pictures of it if I can.

Lol I searched in the rain for it when I pulled in mid day and I couldn’t find it to save my life. 

3 hours ago, NovaHater said:

Lol I searched in the rain for it when I pulled in mid day and I couldn’t find it to save my life. 

It's located here. 20210716_192328.thumb.jpg.7e69806436605073fb8583718815712b.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

So this wasn’t a permanent keep of this bus? 

No, just like when the ZX5 was here it was only here for a limited time.

12 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

So basically its a demonsteator.  The pilots or the order comes next year.

Yes it is indeed a demonstrator. The pilots should arrive in the future if all checks out.

33 minutes ago, NovaHater said:

Damn… the doors were closed when I pulled out for my second half yesterday. Is it still on the property?

Yeah it is located in bay S9 I believe. 

19 hours ago, Busjack said:

If that's what's depicted above, that's 701, and obviously a NF, unless the Nova is parked behind it.

17 hours ago, Busjack said:

That didn't answer where the LFSe is.

16 hours ago, NovaHater said:

It’s in that bay. He used the old picture as a reference for me. It’s the bay with the built in charging station for the 700s

You're correct. Here's what I was able to get last night. It's still in Bay S9. The bus looks good from what I was able to see from looking around from the exterior. 

20220508_01330212.jpg

20220508_0133372.jpg

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

You're correct. Here's what I was able to get last night. It's still in Bay S9. The bus looks good from what I was able to see from looking around from the exterior. 

20220508_01330212.jpg

20220508_0133372.jpg

Man this bus looks so good, possibly better than the #7900’s, #8325’s and the #8350’s, when CTA gets these soon I am definitely taking a shot at this.

1 hour ago, NovaHater said:

Nice bus

Yeah it just came out in October. It touts a high mileage recharge, (211 to 292 miles between charges) but it is depressingly similar to the other Novas. If they don't brand it as electric, no one will even be able to tell the difference. 

With this going to 103rd, 103rd is almost a lock for new Novas. I fully expect that garage to go all 40 foot Novas. It only makes sense in that all the buses there are the same. 

Now in saying that all the buses will have basically the same parts, so there may be a cost savings to the CTA. Plus you don't have this frame issue that plagues the Proterra model. (Older model but its the same company) Then you don't have multiple models of the same bus floating around with the oldest being inferior, with a possibility of early retirement due to changing tech. That may be a uniform problem with all electrics though. Time will tell. 

If I was Nova I would strongly be developing an electric 60 foot bus because CTA may be interested in such a product if it existed. 

Let the electric wars begin....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, BusHunter said:

Yeah it just came out in October. It touts a high mileage recharge, (211 to 292 miles between charges) but it is depressingly similar to the other Novas. If they don't brand it as electric, no one will even be able to tell the difference. 

With this going to 103rd, 103rd is almost a lock for new Novas. I fully expect that garage to go all 40 foot Novas. It only makes sense in that all the buses there are the same. 

Now in saying that all the buses will have basically the same parts, so there may be a cost savings to the CTA. Plus you don't have this frame issue that plagues the Proterra model. (Older model but its the same company) Then you don't have multiple models of the same bus floating around with the oldest being inferior, with a possibility of early retirement due to changing tech. That may be a uniform problem with all electrics though. Time will tell. 

If I was Nova I would strongly be developing an electric 60 foot bus because CTA may be interested in such a product if it existed. 

Let the electric wars begin....

I'm still very surprised that the other three of the big four have basically allowed New Flyer to corner the market on ETB, CNG & BEB artics. I was really convinced Gillig at least was going to attempt to develop a artic model. I'm also surprised that NovaBus either hasn't or has taken so long to offer their artic in something other than diesel or hybrid, especially since they also now make CNG buses