And the next garage to get New Flyers is...

rmadisonwi

1300 is not far away !!! I saw 1296 on 71st Street on Thursday.

Was it East 71st? Or West 71st?

If it's East 71st, then it's the #71 71st/South Shore route, which is run from the 77th Garage. But if it's West 71st (west of Western), then it's the #67 67th/69th/71st route, which is run from the 74th Garage.

Route 71 at 71st and Jeffery.

Well, this just confirms that the New Flyer that busfan4022 saw on the #9 Ashland route was just a fill-in. The 77th Garage is about 30 or so New Flyers away from completing the receipt of its allocation of 1000-series buses. After roughly between 1320 and 1330, who knows which garage will receive the New Flyers next?

Bad prediction. There are no more older Flxibles there. Go for Chicago Ave. That would eliminate the remaining 5300 (5400's) series Flxibles.

It's a no brainer.

Although these are all speculations, my own guess is that Chicago Ave. would get the next 100 or so New Flyers, followed by North Park and 74th (both of which have a large number of 4400-series TMC buses assigned to them, and 74th also has a large number of 6000-series Flxibles assigned to it). When 74th (which is the only garage not having any low-floor buses at all whatsoever) gets its 1000's, that would make all CTA bus garages running at least some low-floor buses.

Bad prediction. There are no more older Flxibles there.  (Referring to 103rd).

Actually wrong. Most of what 103rd is running on local routes are old Flxibles, some which they have always had, and a lot of old Archer ones. I rode through today and saw a lot of 5600s and 5700s on 28 and 95E. We had cta6085's report of some 5300s going back to 103rd.

We had the prior post from someone driving at North Park ("goin' to the glen") that they were told they would get them. Otherwise, if the operative word is "know," I doubt that any of us know. (As previously stated, not even Carole knew).

Also, trainman, weren't you the one who said "if you think you have it figured out..."

As far as my predictions go, since each group is about 112, and now 650 are on order, that means that 6 out of 8 garages will get some by the end of 2007. I think we can safely bet that Forest Glen is out (it may get some Optimas), and thus the betting is either on Chicago or 69th being left out. I think Chicago should get some of the overflow from NP and 74, myself. Since, other than the articulateds and about 25 rehabbed 6000s, 103 is running a lot of junk, I am confident that it will get some of the 650.

http://www.chicagobus.org/garages/

Where do you see a 69th Street Garage, Busjack? Certainly isn't Chicago Garage as the address of Chicago Garage is 642 N. Pulaski. 69th st. is a south side (S.) street, and no garage exists there.

I meant 74th, which used to be 69th. Maybe you can go to the Food4Less there. You probably don't remember the Cicero-North garage either.

BTW, did you get over your problem about a bus on the assembly line having a license plate (if we believe your logic that there is no difference between a fuel cell and a hybrid)?

Actually wrong. Most of what 103rd is running on local routes are old Flxibles, some which they have always had, and a lot of old Archer ones. I rode through today and saw a lot of 5600s and 5700s on 28 and 95E.  

Also, trainman, weren't you the one who said "if you think you have it figured out..."

Yeah, I goofed...I forgot about the old Archer 5600's at 103. And I did say the if "you have it figured out...."

I seem to remember some old posts about Chicago getting New Flyers after Kedzie and was thinking that they were next in line...and they do have a lot of Flxibles left running around. I guess the bottom line is that Forest Glen is almost definitely out (never say never) and 74th is someplace towards the end of the road too !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Starting with bus 1330, which should arrive in the next day or so (as I've been told), Chicago Garage will be the next garage receiving New Flyers.

Forest Glen should also receive two more Optimas very shortly, bringing that garage's total to four.

Kedzie will (supposedly) get all 20 hybrids when they arrive.

As for the Flxibles, there are about 215 of the 5300-series buses left. 77th Garage has 10, and the remainder are spread among Chicago (116), Kedzie (37), and 103rd (52). Those numbers fluctuate weekly, as some get retired, and others are moved around.

• 3 weeks later...

I Know I've Asked this before, but Could 103rd Be Next After Chicago Avenue

You will get the same answer as before.

1.O.3* will most likely since its the last garage that carries the Flexs, and there's being the oldest Flexs. 1.O.3* has got some new buses already....so it might put them in a delay.

Okay?

*103rd Garage

You will get the same answer as before.

1.O.3* will most likely since its the last garage that carries the Flexs, and there's being the oldest Flexs. 1.O.3* has got some new buses already....so it might put them in a delay.

Okay?

*103rd Garage

To Be Specific, Which New Buses Does 103rd Have?

To Be Specific, Which New Buses Does 103rd Have?

500s and 7500s, but they don't do much good on most routes.

Maybe the problem is that your alderman has no clout. We know what some of the ones in the area served by 74th have been doing. With Kedzie having received some 1100s, 103rd and 74th seem to be the forgotten dumping grounds, as previously mentioned. But 2 more garages should get buses from the 2nd option.