And the next garage to get New Flyers is...

rmadisonwi

do you think all of the 2000s will be at 103rd? oh and what routes was 2000 2001 on?

#1999 was on the #14 yesterday. It was very clean and appeared to be on one of it's first trips. #4100, #4097 and #4098 were on the #147 leaving a bit of a gap in Bustracker yesterday for that route. ( I previously mentioned them not appearing on Bustracker)

jajuan do you think all of the 2000s will be at 103rd? oh and what routes was 2000 2001 on?

It's hard to say, but with this whole NABI mess a good number of them could be just from looking at how the past week or so, all new deliveries have been going there. From the deployment patterns I've been seeing from seeing the routes while I'm out and obserivng Bustracker, it looks like lower numbered 1000s from there have been getting shifted to Chicago and NP (more recently NP with former Chicago buses at NP) to make room for more higher numbered ones coming in. With 40 foot swaps going on now to adjust for the loss (temporary or permanent) of the NABIs, it's possible more lower numbered 1000s there may get swapped to get all 30 2000s there.

Saturday I saw NF 1998 (I think) working #6 northbound on Michigan near Congress.

What will be the vehicle number after 1999?

Gene King

The 2000s have already arrived, their sightings have been confirmed. Read post #1294.

The 2000s have already arrived, their sightings have been confirmed. Read post #1294.

#4105 was on the #152 last friday. I'm starting to wonder if the #4000's order will be complete before the #1000's. The #4000's seem to be coming in much faster now than the #1000's.

#4105 was on the #152 last friday. I'm starting to wonder if the #4000's order will be complete before the #1000's. The #4000's seem to be coming in much faster now than the #1000's.

I was thinking the same. I think 4101 and 4102 were on the 146 and 147 on Friday (can't remember which was on which). I just remember thinking while waiting for a 148 that day, 'Those hybrids are really rolling in now.'

I was thinking the same. I think 4101 and 4102 were on the 146 and 147 on Friday (can't remember which was on which). I just remember thinking while waiting for a 148 that day, 'Those hybrids are really rolling in now.'

4106 and 4107 were on the 147 today and 4105 on the 146.

I caught 1975 on the 3 today. The seating in the low floor area was perimeter like the 4000s reducing the seating capacity from 39 to 35. Is this a one off or are all the later ones like this and if so where is the change over from 39 to 35 seats?

Well with the NABIs gone the artics are now more priority than ever to get them out on the streets of Chicago.

You may very well be right. It may be close. There are 42 artics left to be delivered, and 25 standard buses. I haven't been tracking delivery pace all along (so this may have been the trend all along), but the last two weeks seem to indicate that artics are coming in faster. Last week there were six artic deliveries reported, compared to four 40-footers. The previous week there were 9 artics delivered compared to 5 40-footers.

As of this morning they were up to 2005 at 103rd and 4107 at North Park.

You may very well be right. It may be close. There are 42 artics left to be delivered, and 25 standard buses. I haven't been tracking delivery pace all along (so this may have been the trend all along), but the last two weeks seem to indicate that artics are coming in faster. Last week there were six artic deliveries reported, compared to four 40-footers. The previous week there were 9 artics delivered compared to 5 40-footers.

As of this morning they were up to 2005 at 103rd and 4107 at North Park.

#4102 is on Bustracker this morning. It's the first #4100 I've seen on the tracker.

Which will explain why I saw 1926 and 1981 on #53 on BusTracker. I think there's a transfer happening ... again.

After doing some business on Diversey, I rode 1981 on route 76. I thought the south side was supposed to get the newer buses.....

I spotted #1231 on the 12 Roosevelt today completely done in a red and black 'Jimmy Johns' ad wrap. The colors jump out at you from a distance. Cool.

The other day I saw another of those "JimmyJohns" buses on Michigan Av, the number looked like 1376. Made me want to grab some lunch.....