And the next garage to get New Flyers is...

rmadisonwi

4027 is at North Park still, it was on a northbound run of the 22 this morning ~ 0700.

North Park also has 4121 in its possession- it was on a LT school run on Addison this afternoon.

1229 and 1406 have the passenger side LED advertisements.

4121 was on a NB 135 monday afternoon as well...

2020 is showing up on 29 at the moment on BusTracker. So, not that much further to go on either order.

Yesterday #4126 was on the #135. BTW, the 2016 olympics campaign has reached the sides of buses. #1393 has a full wrap on it (the imagine one) and a few others have smaller ones. I wonder if anyone's got the idea yet to do something with bus #2016.

Saw it in person today earlier this afternoon at around 1:40. Has no outside advertisements yet.

another thing i have noticed about our new deliveries is that some come in service without the sign workin yet,like bus 2018 was on the n5 a few nights ago and it had a paper sign in the windsheild.

does anyone think CTA will recieve additional DE60LFs(beyond the 150 being delivered) curious because of the up to 900 artics possibly on order from New Flyer to replace the NABIs

just a curious thought

Yes. There are buses being purchased with funds from the 2009 Stimulus (either 52, 55, or 58 buses).

It seems from this Tribune article on the $3 billion state capital bill (short term), there is $173 million for hybrid buses, which would pay for about 173, if articulated. If no double accounting, you could add that to the 52, 55, or 58 from the stimulus bill and the 150 leased ones to come up with about 375. And, if it is state money, 323 of them would not be paid with federal funds, which would take care of the FTA service life problem on the NABIs.

At least we now have some idea about the up to 900 order, if, again, there is not any double counting.

• Upvote 1

Quick Question, What kedzie routes are the 4000's seen on when the #156 is not running until the weekdays?

Since the 145 runs later than 156, you're bound to see some of them on that route weekday evenings after the 156 is done for the day. Generally you're more likely to see Kedzie's 4000s on weekdays. Other routes that they've been sighted on are a few on the 7 and 126 on occasion during rush hours. Also check out the 125, 134, 145 as mentioned, 148, increasingly on the 151 Kedzie trips, and at times on the 157. Nabi artics had been assigned on the 82 on weekdays as well so I would say also check out the 82. So in general check out routes where Nabis had been assigned now that the 4000s have increased. On weekends, Kedzie in general mostly just uses its 1000s and keeps its 6000s and 4000s in the garage.

Quick Question, What kedzie routes are the 4000's seen on when the #156 is not running until the weekdays?

===The Kedzie 4000s can often be seen weekends on the 151 Sheridan short-turn route between the Loop and Belmont/Halsted. During the week, 4000s are now operating on the 145 & 148 as well as the 156.

Many of us who are predicting future bus moves --- whether right or wrong --- believe that Kedzie may receive another dozen or so 4000s from North Park as the last of the New Flyer artics arrive.

If history is any guide, 4000s might start showing up weekends on the 145 over the summer when lakefront ridership often warrants larger buses.

===The Kedzie 4000s can often be seen weekends on the 151 Sheridan short-turn route between the Loop and Belmont/Halsted. During the week, 4000s are now operating on the 145 & 148 as well as the 156.

Many of us who are predicting future bus moves --- whether right or wrong --- believe that Kedzie may receive another dozen or so 4000s from North Park as the last of the New Flyer artics arrive.

If history is any guide, 4000s might start showing up weekends on the 145 over the summer when lakefront ridership often warrants larger buses.

Ok on the 151. 145 and 148 were pointed out. I guess Kedzie has gone against history because I don't remember seeing artics much on the 145 during weekends on the 145, mostly 1000s as is the case now. Now weekdays artics were seen a lot on the 145 so I wouldn't disagree about weekdays seeing them a lot more. 146 and 147 have been the big weekend artic users on the North Drive.

Ok on the 151. 145 and 148 were pointed out. I guess Kedzie has gone against history because I don't remember seeing artics much on the 145 during weekends on the 145, mostly 1000s as is the case now. Now weekdays artics were seen a lot on the 145 so I wouldn't disagree about weekdays seeing them a lot more. 146 and 147 have been the big weekend artic users on the North Drive.

Come to think of it, Jajuan is right. Kedzie did assign 1000s to the 145 over weekends last summer as well as the rest of the year. Prior to the route realignment in March of '08, North Park generally used NABIs on the 145 seven days a week.

I rode #2017 on the 53 southbound this morning. No ads inside and the "Stop Requested" sign wouldn't turn off, so it was impossible to signal a stop other than asking the driver.

#2016 was on the #X54 last friday and it was on the #54 last saturday. For some reason #2015 - #2017 don't seem to appear on Bustracker yet. This morning a bunch of new arrivals are on the #147. #4133, #4130 and #4129 are running back to back to back on it right now.

I was getting ready to get on the 156 yesterday (bus #4003) and the run number was P211. Now if im not mistaking, 156 comes out of Kedzie. I had to do a double take. I could almost understand this if it was a bus that was loaned from NP and the box was broke, but im almost positive this bus has never been to NP. What in the heck is going on?