Bustracker's buses

BusExpert32

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is the next garage for the BusTracker?

No one has that info yet outside of the CTA. The notices probably won't be put up on the bus stops for the next group of respective routes for at least another couple weeks. The website notice won't be put up until at least a week before the next routes go live.

What is the next garage for the BusTracker?

In my opinion, it will be Chicago.

The notices probably won't be put up on the bus stops for the next group of respective routes for at least another couple weeks. The website notice won't be put up until at least a week before the next routes go live.

I wonder why they put the info up so late. You'd think they'd put the info up more sooner. BTW, jajuan, if you want to come talk to me about the last topic, please PM me :).

i think either kedzie or chicago ave

The tea leaf of where the colored lines are on the map is inconclusive in that regard. One wonders whether the "software problem" also affects 1630-1730 at Kedzie.

The tea leaf of where the colored lines are on the map is inconclusive in that regard. One wonders whether the "software problem" also affects 1630-1730 at Kedzie.

That is why I think Chicago will be next. At least Chicago's bus route lines are up, Kedzie doesn't have their bus route lines up yet. Kedzie will most likely be up in August or September, followed (or after ;)) by 77th.

The next batch of routes are scheduled to go live on July 21st.

Announcement of routes will likely occur sometime this week or early next.

Thanks for the update.

That is why I think Chicago will be next. At least Chicago's bus route lines are up, Kedzie doesn't have their bus route lines up yet. Kedzie will most likely be up in August or September, followed (or after ;)) by 77th.

Thanks for the update.

Actually Kedzie's bus route lines are up except for basically the express routes and its north side local routes near the lakefront. They've been up for at least a couple months.

Actually Kedzie's bus route lines are up except for basically the express routes and its north side local routes near the lakefront. They've been up for at least a couple months.

Oh yeah, that's right. I forgot all about that :lol:! I didn't notice that again until just now when I viewed Bustracker.

Announcement of routes will likely occur sometime this week or early next.

Or, in the next couple hours. Routes for July 21st will be:

#7 Harrison

#8 Halsted

#10 Museum of Science & Industry

#12 Roosevelt

#17 Westchester

#18 16th/18th

#38 Ogden/Taylor

#52 Kedzie/California

#125 Water Tower Express

#126 Jackson

#129 West Loop/South Loop

#146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express

#147 Outer Drive Express

#148 Clarendon/Michigan Express

#156 LaSalle

In other words, most of Kedzie along with 146 and 147.

#7 Harrison

#8 Halsted

#12 Roosevelt

#17 Westchester

#18 16th/18th

#38 Ogden/Taylor

#52 Kedzie/California

#125 Water Tower Express

#126 Jackson

#147 Outer Drive Express

#156 LaSalle

Great. Now I can actually check when the 12 Roosevelt is coming and how close it is when I need to get to work. It's interesting that 148 will be on the Tracker but not 145. Plus I guess this means by July 21st, TMCs won't be assigned on 146 or 147 since they're not equipped for BusTracker. Looks like it will just be NABIs and NFs.

#7 Harrison

#8 Halsted

#12 Roosevelt

#17 Westchester

#18 16th/18th

#38 Ogden/Taylor

#52 Kedzie/California

#125 Water Tower Express

#126 Jackson

#147 Outer Drive Express

#156 LaSalle

Two questions here:

1) Is #82 Kimball-Homan going to be added? Seems they forgot that route

2) When will the other routes, such as #108, #64, #69 and the U of C routes be added?

Two questions here:

1) Is #82 Kimball-Homan going to be added? Seems they forgot that route

2) When will the other routes, such as #108, #64, #69 and the U of C routes be added?

82 should be added sometime later this year. Maybe next month. Same for the others you asked about. It might be a while for 108 though because it's shared between 74th and 103rd, which isn't yet ready for the Tracker because it has 100 1991 buses still. Only the morning trips for this route would be ready because 74th handles all the morning trips. The evening trips are covered by 103rd so they wouldn't be able to be shown.

Great. Now I can actually check when the 12 Roosevelt is coming and how close it is when I need to get to work. It's interesting that 148 will be on the Tracker but not 145. Plus I guess this means by July 21st, TMCs won't be assigned on 146 or 147 since they're not equipped for BusTracker. Looks like it will just be NABIs and NFs.

Agreed, it is curious that 145 was omitted, but not 148. Concerning North Park's TMCs, most of them do have the bar-coded metal plates mounted by the front door. Initially, North Park was going to be the first garage planned for Bus Tracker until the CTA shifted gears. Accordingly, most of the fleet assigned to North Park at that time did actually receive the equipment.

So theoretically, unless Bus Tracker has been removed from the remaining TMCs and 5800s, they could still be used on those routes as they occasionally are today. That said, you could still be right. In the meantime, North Park's 'new' New Flyers still need to be equipped, but I guess that's doable within the next two weeks.

Agreed, it is curious that 145 was omitted, but not 148. Concerning North Park's TMCs, most of them do have the bar-coded metal plates mounted by the front door. Initially, North Park was going to be the first garage planned for Bus Tracker until the CTA shifted gears. Accordingly, most of the fleet assigned to North Park at that time did actually receive the equipment.

So theoretically, unless Bus Tracker has been removed from the remaining TMCs and 5800s, they could still be used on those routes as they occasionally are today. That said, you could still be right. In the meantime, North Park's 'new' New Flyers still need to be equipped, but I guess that's doable within the next two weeks.

From what almost everyone else has said in various posts and threads, the barcodes don't have anything to do with BusTracker and none of the TMCs and 5800s were ever equipped for BusTracker.

From what almost everyone else has said in various posts and threads, the barcodes don't have anything to do with BusTracker and none of the TMCs and 5800s were ever equipped for BusTracker.

For whatever reason, I guess those posts flew right by me. If my memory serves me, the barcoded plates started appearing shortly after the announcement of the original plans for Bus Tracker. So that's why I assumed there was connection.

Anyway, thanks for the correction.

For whatever reason, I guess those posts flew right by me. If my memory serves me, the barcoded plates started appearing shortly after the announcement of the original plans for Bus Tracker. So that's why I assumed there was connection.

Anyway, thanks for the correction.

No problem. Some 5300s from Chicago were the only 1990s buses besides the 6000s to eqipped with Bus Tracker.

No problem. Some 5300s from Chicago were the only 1990s buses besides the 6000s to eqipped with Bus Tracker.

I see what you mean now, Jajuan. I just checked the archives and read rmadison's post. (#188 in this thread). Apparently I had overlooked it.

My day with BusTracker wasn't good. But before anyone says "its a gimmick", this is my first time using it to travel. Anyway, I was taking #56 Milwaukee SB to Fullerton for some personal business. I left my house at 12:10 and before I left, I checked the tracker to see which bus was coming and when. My bus was scheduled to be 6805 and be there in 19 minutes (at 12:31). Well, a bus arrives at 12:40 (nearly ten minutes off), but when it pulls up, its 6751 (which I didn't even see on the tracker). BusTracker must be down again.

Well this is comfusing, Yesterday Afternoon, I was waiting for Brown Line at Library L Stop. I was looking below on VanBuren, I've spotted unknown 45-- TMC dropping off passengers on Westbound Van Buren bus stop west of State. Im assuming it is route 145 only stops there, so does it mean that 145 is back at North Park, or is it Bus Tracker is adding on some North Park and some kedzie routes until the TMCs are gone?

I would suggest in my opinion is to have 77th Novas go to North Park for Bus Tracker to add to rest of Kedzie/ N. Park routes and North park TMCs and 5800s go to 77th, in that way Kedzie/ NP will be 100% Bus Tracker. But I know it would be insane because 77th shouldn't have many TMCs.

Well this is comfusing, Yesterday Afternoon, I was waiting for Brown Line at Library L Stop. I was looking below on VanBuren, I've spotted unknown 45-- TMC dropping off passengers on Westbound Van Buren bus stop west of State. Im assuming it is route 145 only stops there, so does it mean that 145 is back at North Park, or is it Bus Tracker is adding on some North Park and some kedzie routes until the TMCs are gone?

I would suggest in my opinion is to have 77th Novas go to North Park for Bus Tracker to add to rest of Kedzie/ N. Park routes and North park TMCs and 5800s go to 77th, in that way Kedzie/ NP will be 100% Bus Tracker. But I know it would be insane because 77th shouldn't have many TMCs.

Another thing that could happen is the NF extra's at NP (from 77th and Kedzie) for the blue line shuttle could be kept beyond the O'hare construction period. When NP got it's share of NF's they would be returned. THe #5800's could be temporary swapped for Nova's at 77th. This way you wouldn't take them all and in return 77th would still have low floor buses to better assist the handicapped.

Another thing that could happen is the NF extra's at NP (from 77th and Kedzie) for the blue line shuttle could be kept beyond the O'hare construction period. When NP got it's share of NF's they would be returned. THe #5800's could be temporary swapped for Nova's at 77th. This way you wouldn't take them all and in return 77th would still have low floor buses to better assist the handicapped.

I like the idea, too bad it just sounds like a repeat of 1226 - 1236 several months back when NP kept them from 77th for quite some time, and it would be nice to see more Novas up north for North Park, but at the same time, it'd be weird for me to see a 5800 down south here.