Bustracker's buses

BusExpert32

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps a loan from 77th? Since we all have seen it on the #79 (out of 77th), but it's on the #8 currently, which is out of Kedzie.

It may be a virtual bus, not a real one. Sort of like Pace 2635 supposedly being at the Lake Cook station for about a month. There may be more than one, but I did try to find "1" on 77 routes this morning and did not.

BTW, the water one looks more like Detroit. Sort of like the Nova found there.

Perhaps a loan from 77th? Since we all have seen it on the #79 (out of 77th), but it's on the #8 currently, which is out of Kedzie.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bus programmed as "#1" is actually a reassignment from 77th to Kedzie. There have recently been a couple: 1226 & 1227. Maybe "Bus #1" is actually 1228.

• 3 weeks later...

on March 2nd these routes will be activated:

#1 Indiana/Hyde Park

#8A South Halsted

#14 Jeffery Express

#15 Jeffery Local

#24 Wentworth

#28 Stony Island

#X28 Stony Island Express

#29 State

#34 South Michigan

#49A South Western

#53 Pulaski

#54 Cicero

#X54 Cicero Express

#57 Laramie

#65 Grand

#66 Chicago

#70 Division

#71 71st/South Shore

#72 North

#73 Armitage

#74 Fullerton

#76 Diversey

#111 Pulman/111th/115th

#119 Michigan/119th

on March 2nd these routes will be activated:

#1 Indiana/Hyde Park

#8A South Halsted

#14 Jeffery Express

#15 Jeffery Local

#24 Wentworth

#28 Stony Island

#X28 Stony Island Express

#29 State

#34 South Michigan

#49A South Western

#53 Pulaski

#54 Cicero

#X54 Cicero Express

#57 Laramie

#65 Grand

#66 Chicago

#70 Division

#71 71st/South Shore

#72 North

#73 Armitage

#74 Fullerton

#76 Diversey

#111 Pulman/111th/115th

#119 Michigan/119th

Finally Chicago gets substantially more routes activated considering the pilot route for Bustracker (20 Madison) is assigned there. It would've been nice to see more N Lake Shore express routes go up, but it's nice to see that 14 and X28 are going up.

Quite surprised that the CTA is releasing such a handful of routes, compared to the last several releases, with only 6 - 8 routes. But hey, I'm glad that now the #24 is going to be on, can't stand waiting forever at the stop for it. :)
Conversely, they were all supposed to be activated by the end of February, and as I said, they won't.

This rollout seems in accordance with that there is no longer an equipment issue at 103 and C about buses too old to be equipped with the cell phone transmitter. There was other talk about Route 66 Chicago finally being "fixed," and I'm sure our drivers from there can comment on that, and whether the extra runs on that route will show up.

Conversely, they were all supposed to be activated by the end of February, and as I said, they won't.

This rollout seems in accordance with that there is no longer an equipment issue at 103 and C about buses too old to be equipped with the cell phone transmitter. There was other talk about Route 66 Chicago finally being "fixed," and I'm sure our drivers from there can comment on that, and whether the extra runs on that route will show up.

Agreed, thanks for the clear up and info.

It would've been nice to see more N Lake Shore express routes go up

When the 5800's are all retired, then they'll probably put those N. Lake Shore Express routes up. Also, the 6000's that never got a rehab may have to be retired before the tracker is 100% route covered(i know I've seen 6300's(mostly 6305+) drive past that the tracker never picked up.... they probably never were rehabbed, and will be retired within the next 12-18 months. There may be some 'black hole' 6000's, 6100's, and 6200's as well that need to go first.

Guest ctafan630

Does anyone know why #69 Cumberalnd/East River is on Bustracker, but #64 Foster/Canfield is not.

Each route is out of Forest Glenn and each route operates using one bus so there is not logic the CTA is using here.

Is the CTA planning on getting rid of the #64?

Does anyone know why #69 Cumberalnd/East River is on Bustracker, but #64 Foster/Canfield is not.

Each route is out of Forest Glenn and each route operates using one bus so there is not logic the CTA is using here.

Is the CTA planning on getting rid of the #64?

If you believe Carole Brown, it, and most of the ones not announced for March don't have sufficient intermediate time points.

Guest ctafan630

If you believe Carole Brown, it, and most of the ones not announced for March don't have sufficient intermediate time points.

That reasoning makes no sense what ever since bus tracker is suppose to track the time before the bus reaches a certain stop. If CTA has a timetable for each route, there should be enough information to determine timings in between the stops listed on the time table.

CTA management needs to go back to school to learn the following:

If Bus A leaves the Harlem Blue Line station and is traveling 5mph. How long will it take before it reaches Harlem and Foster 4 blocks away?

• 2 weeks later...

ctabt.bmp

Has anyone else seen buses go way off their route like the lines shown in this picture?

That sort of looks like the lines previously reported going off in the direction of Detroit or Cleveland.

It doesn't look like a bus has gone off route, but that Google messed up the coordinates of a bus stop.

Of course, in the early days of Google Transit, there were all sorts of northside buses routed through 81st and Pulaski.

That sort of looks like the lines previously reported going off in the direction of Detroit or Cleveland.

It doesn't look like a bus has gone off route, but that Google messed up the coordinates of a bus stop.

Of course, in the early days of Google Transit, there were all sorts of northside buses routed through 81st and Pulaski.

For the past couple weeks Googles has had lines connecting the bus stops at Michigan/Van Buren and Michigan/Congress Plaza for 147 connected with stops along Foster. During that same time when I wanted to check 145, lines were connecting the southernmost SB Michigan Ave stops with a couple along the Inner Drive.