Bustracker's buses

BusExpert32

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just spotted #1845 on the #151 on Bustracker. So now that NP has received their allotment of NF #1000's, I guess the Bustracker installation there is on it's way to completion.

It looks that way. I've been noticing since the middle of last week that quite a number of NP's 1800s have been starting to appear on Bustracker. I've been seeing them show up on the 147 during late evenings on various nights last week. IIRC the first I saw was an 1860.

It looks that way. I've been noticing since the middle of last week that quite a number of NP's 1800s have been starting to appear on Bustracker. I've been seeing them show up on the 147 during late evenings on various nights last week. IIRC the first I saw was an 1860.

A few other interesting observations were also on the Tracker yesterday. #6001 was on the #77 and #6038 was on the #20. I also observed myself a state farm wrapped #6000 on the #76. It had an unpainted front panel and had no number except for the rear which I missed thanks to a truck blocking my view. But in the past Greenstreet has mentioned a few #6030's wrapped for state farm so it must have been around there. Chicago is starting to get more heavy with #6000's though. I saw 4 on Diversey. This latest influx of #6000's at Chicago most likely means more #5300's will bite the dust. They are getting harder and harder to spot.

A few other interesting observations were also on the Tracker yesterday. #6001 was on the #77 and #6038 was on the #20. I also observed myself a state farm wrapped #6000 on the #76. It had an unpainted front panel and had no number except for the rear which I missed thanks to a truck blocking my view. But in the past Greenstreet has mentioned a few #6030's wrapped for state farm so it must have been around there. Chicago is starting to get more heavy with #6000's though. I saw 4 on Diversey. This latest influx of #6000's at Chicago most likely means more #5300's will bite the dust. They are getting harder and harder to spot.

Also, Chicago Flxible #6079 has the white Spanish ad wrap.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting that 7723 is on the 147 today. If I'm not mistaken. this bus was on the 145/148 and 156 just last week. Potential trade back to NP from Kedzie or loan? Trainman's going to be just ecstatic about this. If it is back at NP, then this was its garage movements this year alone: 77th, NP, Kedzie, NP.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not know if it's due to the new run assignments; but currently, #77 Belmont has a handful of buses making short-turn runs. On Bus Tracker, the drop-down box for EB runs had five selections.

This shows only two selections.

How does the CTA turn a bus at 80th Ave?

post-444-1231192065_thumb.jpg

i was on division and westernand i spotted NF 1444 and an hour later i get home look on bus tracker i look at madison and there it was 1444 running Madison in one hour i can't believe that

Was it possibly a school trip from Clemente High School? For our Chicago garage workers, is this an accurate guess?

I do not know if it's due to the new run assignments; but currently, #77 Belmont has a handful of buses making short-turn runs. On Bus Tracker, the drop-down box for EB runs had five selections.

The trip actually starts at Guerin school as a school tripper, so it starts right there (doesn't turn around).

School tripper that pulls out via Central, Montrose, Forest Preserve, Cumberland, east on Belmont and stages at Guerin for dismissal. It is NOT IN SERVICE until that point. There are actually two such runs that I know of...one or both possibly terminate at Halsted.

There are I think two runs that do the same from Leclaire (for Foreman H.S. dissmissals). Of course, these are usually operated on school days only. Regularly scheduled short turns on the 77 at the Blue Line, Halsted, Octavia, or Central are not uncommon though. Of course, Central doesn't include the N77 nite owls, as their turnaround slightly variate from the daytime routing.

Looking at the ctatattler, they pointed out that the next group of routes is on the Bus Tracker site:

Additional routes that will be available starting January 26, are: 3, X3, 4, X4, 22, 36, 49B, 82, 93, 96 and 97

Apparently the technical problems are over with 22 and 36, and for those of you waiting for 82, now you have it.

Is there a run time thread. Is there a site to view individual route numbers similarl to the supervisor`s guide.

Thanks Jajuan

Oh no. I was referring to the 'Run Times' thread on this forum in reference to a question about an afternoon run of the 70 that starts at Western and Division westbound and then after that run becomes a 20 Madison.

Looking at the ctatattler, they pointed out that the next group of routes is on the Bus Tracker site:

Apparently the technical problems are over with 22 and 36, and for those of you waiting for 82, now you have it.

I found the notice up on the CTA Bustracker site today too. So that's almost all the local NP routes up by the last week of this month. That just leaves 155, the Evanston routes and the LaSalle express routes to go up for NP.