Bustracker's buses

BusExpert32

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On April 20 these bus routes will be activated on to the CTA bustracker.

2 Hyde Park Express

N5 South Shore Night Buses

30 South Chicago

53AL South Pulaski Limited

64 Foster/Canfield

95E 93rd/95th

95W West 95th

100 Jeffery Manor Express

103 West 103rd

106 East 103rd

108 Halsted/95th

112 Vincennes/111th

123 Illinois Center/Union Express

124 Navy Pier

135 Clarendon/LaSalle Express

136 Sheridan/LaSalle Express

143 Stockton/Michigan Express

144 Marine/Michigan Express

155 Devon

Finally the 155 Devon will be added to the list. It is also good to see the far south side finally getting more coverage. I guess the only routes left are the 170's that serve the UofC, the 200's in Evanston, and some express routes like the 33, 26, 120, 121, 122, 132, 134 and the 192. Will they ever add special routes like the 19, 128, 130, X98, 154, 168, or 169?

Wow, I just saw 2024 yesterday afternoon on the #29, and now it has gone to Chicago Garage.

Arrrgghhh! :angry: I saw 2024 on the #29 yesterday (about 11:30am) too. Later that day while on the way home, I saw 2023 on the #14 heading to Washington/Jefferson. And now THAT might be headed to Chicago ave.

Hopefully when 2029 is finally on the streets, #1980-2029 can be split between Chicago/103rd. It's just not right that Chicago/North Park/77th have the buses (1930+) that sound like the 2nd coming of the M.A.N. Americanas.

Arrrgghhh! :angry: I saw 2024 on the #29 yesterday (about 11:30am) too. Later that day while on the way home, I saw 2023 on the #14 heading to Washington/Jefferson. And now THAT might be headed to Chicago ave.

Hopefully when 2029 is finally on the streets, #1980-2029 can be split between Chicago/103rd. It's just not right that Chicago/North Park/77th have the buses (1930+) that sound like the 2nd coming of the M.A.N. Americanas.

Today most of the #2024 - #2018 bunch is showing up on Chicago routes. #2024, #2023 is on the #20, #2021 is on the #73, #2020 is on the #72 and #2019 is on the #65. The other ones will most likely show up there in time. 103rd is receiving more artics. #4045 - #4049 odds are appearing on the #14. Also #4025 - #4031 odds are appearing at Kedzie. They were all on the #156. So let the shuffle begin again!!

Today most of the #2024 - #2018 bunch is showing up on Chicago routes. #2024, #2023 is on the #20, #2021 is on the #73, #2020 is on the #72 and #2019 is on the #65. The other ones will most likely show up there in time. 103rd is receiving more artics. #4045 - #4049 odds are appearing on the #14. Also #4025 - #4031 odds are appearing at Kedzie. They were all on the #156. So let the shuffle begin again!!

Saw 2024 a couple of times on the 28 last week. If the intent was to put those at Chicago, why o why were they ever dispatched to 103 in the first place. Simply mind boggling.

In the "4000 Arrives" thread, CTA5750 wrote that he observed a couple of 1800s en route from 103rd to NorthPark yesterday. Sure enough, as I write, 1850 and 1852 are both appearing on BusTracker, on Lincoln & Clark respectively. (1854 may be at NP too).

Now this switch seems to contradict previous number consolidation patterns. Just a few weeks ago, the odd-numbered buses 1799-1853 migrated from NorthPark to 103rd. Now this is REALLY weird!

I wish there was a sign that said something else for the flyers like watch out it floods inside when u drive into some water. The last four i had when raining or driving into water. The water comes from the wheel well and floods the inside of the bus. Also one of them was a new one 2021. Also the older ones are good for raining inside now in the drivers area.

Yes, 4025 -4031 odds were moved From North Park to Kedzie to match their even number twins that are already there.

I wish there was a sign that said something else for the flyers like watch out it floods inside when u drive into some water. The last four i had when raining or driving into water. The water comes from the wheel well and floods the inside of the bus. Also one of them was a new one 2021. Also the older ones are good for raining inside now in the drivers area.

Just rode 2021 on #74 Fullerton. I think the rainwater washed out 2021's new bus smell.

• 2 weeks later...

#2025 is on the #29 right now. I wonder how long will it be before Chicago gets it?

And yesterday I saw #2027 on the #111, and #2028 on the #34.

With a furlong left, looks like we're nose to nose with regard to whether 2029 or 4149 is reported first, thus completing the respective order.

More routes to be added next week!

#26 South Shore Express

#33 Mag Mile Express

#120 Ogilvie/Wacker Express

#121 Union Station/Wacker Express

#122 Illinois Center/Ogilvie Express

#130 Grant Park Treasures

#132 Goose Island Express

#134 Stockton/LaSalle Express

#168 UIC-Pilsen Express

#169 69th/UPS Express

#170 U. of Chicago/Midway

#171 U. of Chicago/Hyde Park

#172 U. of Chicago/Kenwood

#173 U. of Chicago/Lakeview Express

#174 U. of Chicago/Garfield Stations

#192 U. of Chicago Hospitals Express

#200 Main Shuttle

#201 Central/Ridge

#205 Chicago/Golf

#206 Evanston Circulator

Routes #19, #X98, #128, #154 won't be added but will be considered as future additions.

http://ww.transitchicago.com/news/default....;ArticleId=2343

150 of 154 routes will be online, routes #19, #128, #154 won't be added because they don't have specific schedules.

I wonder if they'll ever add #X98.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/05...bile-phone.html

You caught one that the Trib. didn't.

As discussed in the X98 thread, there wouldn't be much point to it on an arrival or departure basis, because it either shows up at the one boarding point or doesn't. Might make a point for those of us who use BusTracker or WebWatch to track fleet numbers, but that supposedly isn't the reason for that service.

I thought that the same would apply to the 192, but apparently that bus has to loop back to make another trip during the same rush hour, so it could be late for the second.

Also, the Trib. stressed the upcoming e-mail and more distant text message services.

After looking at the Bus Tracker site, I noticed the #X98 made it on the list after all.

I also noticed that I now have a dark blue background with darker blue lettering that is almost impossible to read. Anybody else have the same or does my computer need adjusting.

I also noticed that I now have a dark blue background with darker blue lettering that is almost impossible to read. Anybody else have the same or does my computer need adjusting.
I thought you were referring to the box when you click a bus, but you mean the route progress, which is a new glitch. Saw similar with the 33:

post-14-1242652653_thumb.jpg

Also an old route:

post-14-1242653125_thumb.jpg

I looked at View Page Source, and while the original bgcolor is white. most of the window is generated with javascript, and I don't know how to debug that. However, some of the script is browser specific, i.e. if Safari or if Firefox.

However, it isn't just your computer.

P.S., for whoever found the supervisor variable in the url, which disappeared, it is set to false in the script.

I thought you were referring to the box when you click a bus, but you mean the route progress, which is a new glitch. Saw similar with the 33:

post-14-1242652653_thumb.jpg

Also an old route:

post-14-1242653125_thumb.jpg

I looked at View Page Source, and while the original bgcolor is white. most of the window is generated with javascript, and I don't know how to debug that. However, some of the script is browser specific, i.e. if Safari or if Firefox.

However, it isn't just your computer.

P.S., for whoever found the supervisor variable in the url, which disappeared, it is set to false in the script.

Thanks busjack. I would think that this should be resolved. Also what is the supervisor variable and what is the url? Does it show run numbers?

Thanks busjack. I would think that this should be resolved. Also what is the supervisor variable and what is the url? Does it show run numbers?

Someone, about a year ago found it, and essentially is showed run and badge numbers on the bus icon. I did the search, and the discussion starts about here.*

The url is the web address (and shown in the address pane in the browser; see the gray between the window control bar and the blue). There used to be something in it similar to s?=false, which you could change to s?=true, but shortly after the person posted it here, that part of the address was removed. I don't know if one can dummy up the address in a browser to bring it back (and probably have not remembered all of the details).

____

*Also, looking back, it appears that it was you who asked how to do it then.

Someone, about a year ago found it, and essentially is showed run and badge numbers on the bus icon. I did the search, and the discussion starts about here.*

The url is the web address (and shown in the address pane in the browser; see the gray between the window control bar and the blue). There used to be something in it similar to s?=false, which you could change to s?=true, but shortly after the person posted it here, that part of the address was removed. I don't know if one can dummy up the address in a browser to bring it back (and probably have not remembered all of the details).

____

*Also, looking back, it appears that it was you who asked how to do it then.

You are right. It was me. I got confused trying to do it and gave up. I thought at the preset that there was another way of bringing up the site. Thanks again.

You are right. It was me. I got confused trying to do it and gave up. I thought at the preset that there was another way of bringing up the site. Thanks again.

I had only mentioned that the javascript reflected the variable. While I can recognize javascript, I don't know how to dummy it up and whether that would work.

Anyway, the search for 4149 vs. 2029 becomes that much more difficult. ;)