6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

3 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

Hmmm. Have we a separate rubric for this?

Bus #6724 has a non-operational run number box as seen today on #77 Belmont. No letters or numbers, just triangles resting to the right and bottom.

Regressing into childhood, since that was quite common around 2002.

Uh Oh our beloved #6815 is losing it's trans and that is no april fool's joke either. :O When the operator presses the gas the bus just creeps like someone just took their foot off the brakes. When it hits 2nd it jumps right into gear. It's currently on the #152. I thought when we got to Narragansett with that incline, we might have just bought the farm, but we were lucky the light was green. When it hit Oak Park it didn't do that and psyched me out for a minute. But At Sayre it did it again, so the bus has a problem. It can be masked by not stopping and running on the fly cause first gear is low speed. So I guess it's one heavy load from crapping out. Kind of reminds me of that beach boys song 1st gear (it's not) alright, 2nd gear lean right, 3rd gear (if we make it) hang on tight.

In other #6400 happenings they fixed #6578's destination but now #6678's destination is totally bo along with one amber bus on #77 which wasn't even registering on bustracker. I had one earlier on the #152 that was a ghost too (follower was #1024 around 5PM) I hate to look and see if it had a destination or not.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:13 PM, andrethebusman said:

There are still a bunch of 6000 Flx's at SS that have been dead 7 plus years. I am not surprised early rets are still there.

They usually need probably 10 or more buses for Ironworkers(I remember an ex-4900-Series TMC being designated WB-13). The only ones I knew of that were christened WB-1 and WB-2 recently have been 6402 and 6404, both of which will be replaced by 6632 and TBD. Some of those Flxibles might've been used for Ironworkers. If 6293 is among them, that was former WB-2.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2016 at 1:33 AM, BusHunter said:

I never have seen #6564 and #6831 enter service since 3/13/16. They remain off the roster.

#6564 I saw back in service one day last week. I don't know if it's me but the #6600's below #6668 seems to have disappeared since the NF loans have showed up. Those would be among the last buses without an updated clever device. Now they may very well have all updated clever devices because many of the buses they have retired were the ones that were not updated yet. (low to mid #6500's and low to mid #6600's)

On 4/9/2016 at 11:52 PM, andrethebusman said:

Olive-Harvey college finally got their 6400's. 6402 and 6404 showed up in O-H's parking lot this week fully wrapped in a purple and white City Colleges wrap. Close examination however shows that neither one looks to have been driven in months, and insides are totally full of dust and grome.

So what are the work buses #6632 and ???

1 hour ago, garmon757 said:

Ex-WB 2 (#6632) is still at the shop and may be facing scrap procedure. 

Actually then it was questionable #6632 ever was used as a work bus. They got some newer buses like why not just make #6800 or #6880 a work bus, although #6880 was one of those buses you would not see that much even when it was new. It might have been not the greatest like #6732 was an early exit.

Too bad someone don't have a picture of this wrap on #6402 and #6404. I looked up olive harvey and their colors are purple and white.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Actually then it was questionable #6632 ever was used as a work bus. They got some newer buses like why not just make #6800 or #6880 a work bus, although #6880 was one of those buses you would not see that much even when it was new. It might have been not the greatest like #6732 was an early exit.

Too bad someone don't have a picture of this wrap on #6402 and #6404. I looked up olive harvey and their colors are purple and white.

Someone I know had some pictures of them but I wouldn't be able to show them on here just to show respect to the owner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday while traveling on the south side near 103rd st garage  I passed a parking lot just west of Olive Harvey college. I saw two exCTA Novas in a vehicle lot wrapped in City Colleges of Chicago. Anyone have an idea what theyre using these for??? 

47 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Yesterday while traveling on the south side near 103rd st garage  I passed a parking lot just west of Olive Harvey college. I saw two exCTA Novas in a vehicle lot wrapped in City Colleges of Chicago. Anyone have an idea what theyre using these for??? 

It was said about 3 years ago it was for CDL training.

8 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

WB-1 is confirmed as 6438. Dead along 77th St side, renumbered with magic marker.

Damn I think that was the bus I said had alot of problems with it. I'm surprised they didn't pick something better and fresher, there's #6800's that are retired.

12 hours ago, jajuan said:

Has anything else dropped off the roster that you know of BH?

Well #6831 hasn't left the 3rd yard, other than that they would seem pretty stable. If anything's going on it might be happening this week with all these new loans.

a quick look at maths tracker reveals #6882 hasn't been in service since May 9th.