The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

19 minutes ago, jajuan said:

8592 broke down today on the 7. I spotted it being towed away from Michigan and Congress Plaza by CTA's older wrecker back to Kedzie at about 3:30 this afternoon while waiting for a 147 heading home. 

Already? Well we are facing extreme cold 

7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Just saw a Kedzie maintenance personel transporting #1695 down Halsted heading towards SS with nothing but heavy blue smoke pouring out of the exhaust and the left side knelt down low to the ground. Might be a low air ride from what I could see briefly.

Dammm

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, OneofthewillsNW said:

yesterday doing my daily route, I observed 1554 with front suspension out and the nose lying on the ground around dempster  east of Lockwood. bus was their for about 2 hours. dont have any more info. 

1554 has been repaired, seems to have been some minor suspension issue with an easy fix

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

8451 had to go out of service from the  7 Harrison yesterday afternoon at about 3:45. The rear doors malfunctioned and refused to close after picking up passengers at Jackson/Clinton. The operator tried resetting them through the cherry, but it was a no go. He tried several times switching off the motor, and they did close. But after each try, they would swing right back open the instant he cut the motor back on.

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

8451 had to go out of service from the  7 Harrison yesterday afternoon at about 3:45. The rear doors malfunctioned and refused to close after picking up passengers at Jackson/Clinton. The operator tried resetting them through the cherry, but it was a no go. He tried several times switching off the motor, and they did close. But after each try, they would swing right back open the instant he cut the motor back on.

That’s the problem with the new rear doors. They aren’t as easy to open as the older buses. It’s super hard to get these doors to open sometimes which is annoying. The nova rear doors open easy but sometimes they close too fast when the person doesn’t press the door with the hand symbol printed on the yellow tape. The flyers have the best rear doors because they will always stay open until there is no object in the way. 1783’s rear door was messed up and wouldn’t stay open but that was in February and that bus just came back after sitting at south shops for a month so maybe they fixed the rear doors on it by now.