More Bus Moves

sw4400

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

So it appears that #8639 has joined #8596 at NP. I know garage sticker don't mean much but #8596 does have the P sticker now.

Are they in service or still being used for training only?

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

CTA  can divide the remaining Novas yet to be delivered between North Park,  Kedzie,  Forest Glen,  and Chicago garages.   They can even swap out the handful of 8350s at 77th.  Hopefully they took notes from Pace and place one more non all electric bus order.

I'm surprised that 74th wouldn't be on deck to get any of the 8350's. 🤔😲🤷🏾‍♂️

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, renardo870 said:

I'm surprised that 74th wouldn't be on deck to get any of the 8350's. 🤔😲🤷🏾‍♂️

Since @artthouwill isn't a VP of Bus Operations, he doesn't know. Up to now, he maintained NP wasn't going to get any either.

On 7/30/2024 at 1:02 PM, YoungBusLover said:

So it appears that #8639 has joined #8596 at NP. I know garage sticker don't mean much but #8596 does have the P sticker now.

Yea ots looking like P time of being like K running all flyers maybe coming to an end they gotta get in line for the new buses now 

2 hours ago, MALTDISNEY said:

I work at the glen and maintenance told me P would be receiving 12 buses at a time as they start junking the 1700,1800’s and 1936. 

Interestingly enough that after all these years my theory is coming around full circle about the 3rd and 4th option #1000s, rust, rust rust, and more rust. 😂 The fall pick will be an interesting time once the higher #8700s lower  #8800s start to arrive. 

27 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Interestingly enough that after all these years my theory is coming around full circle about the 3rd and 4th option #1000s, rust, rust rust, and more rust. 😂 The fall pick will be an interesting time once the higher #8700s lower  #8800s start to arrive. 

Yea but with the upcoming pick. Cta will move a lot of the newer 8600’s and 8700’s away from forest glen after the cubs season is over in exchange for new flyers. I’m guessing we will take P flyers before they are sent to 77 for scrap. It happens every year. We get new buses for the cubs shuttles and then after the season they are moved throughout the system 

1 minute ago, MALTDISNEY said:

Yea but with the upcoming pick. Cta will move a lot of the newer 8600’s and 8700’s away from forest glen after the cubs season is over in exchange for new flyers. I’m guessing we will take P flyers before they are sent to 77 for scrap. It happens every year. We get new buses for the cubs shuttles and then after the season they are moved throughout the system 

I'll never understand the logic behind that when it comes to CTA top brass. If anything send those higher #1000s to 77th in exchange for some #1200s/#1300s. If not those do a mix of elderly #7900s along with some lower #1000s. 77th could easily put those higher #1000s out of there misery. 😅 

46 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'll never understand the logic behind that when it comes to CTA top brass. If anything send those higher #1000s to 77th in exchange for some #1200s/#1300s. If not those do a mix of elderly #7900s along with some lower #1000s. 77th could easily put those higher #1000s out of there misery. 😅 

@MALTDISNEY indicates that there are reasons for it. The feeling I get is that you just want to shuffle junk around, while you realize that about 600 are going to meet the crusher momentarily.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MALTDISNEY said:

Exactly and the worst part is that F always get the worst buses 

That's not always true. What is somewhat bizarre is that FG finally got some roughly in the 8233-8324 range, then got the first 8350s, then swapped out 65 of the aforementioned 8200s for K's 1600s, and now is bulking up again, just to transfer them (according to you) to NP. Meantime, we're waiting for the last maybe 230 Novas, but nothing to 74th yet (and throughout most of the past 50 years, 69th/74th was always last). Speaking historically, there was the swap to have only buses with preheaters at NP and FG, and FG, besides having almost new 6400s, also got K's 6000s, and K was stuck with FG's 5300s, which were not replaced until after Archer got new buses.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Busjack said:

That's not always true. What is somewhat bizarre is that FG finally got some roughly in the 8233-8324 range, then got the first 8350s, then swapped out 65 of the aforementioned 8200s for K's 1600s, and now is bulking up again, just to transfer them (according to you) to NP. Meantime, we're waiting for the last maybe 230 Novas, but nothing to 74th yet (and throughout most of the past 50 years, 69th/74th was always last). Speaking historically, there was the swap to have only buses with preheaters at NP and FG, and FG, besides having almost new 6400s, also got K's 6000s, and K was stuck with FG's 5300s, which were not replaced until after Archer got new buses.

Yea that is true, F bus management wants more novas instead of flyers but all of us for the most part prefer Flyers and the 8350’s. No one likes the 8200’s because of the jerking 

5 hours ago, Busjack said:

@MALTDISNEY indicates that there are reasons for it. The feeling I get is that you just want to shuffle junk around, while you realize that about 600 are going to meet the crusher momentarily.

Yeah I understand that. However, A majority of that 600 is halfway done by now from the rosters I've seen as of late. If anything why send buses to FG just to have them yanked for another garage to take possession of? 77th is right next to SS and could easily take on the load of higher #1000s. FG can't fix everything to standard of what it once was.

55 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

If anything why send buses to FG just to have them yanked for another garage to take possession

I agree that's questionable, but idk if there's anything to @MALTDISNEY's Cubs shuttle point (and someone else saying buses are being stockpiled for the DNC), and there is also the point that after CTA cleared the property it acquired at FG, there is room there to stash them until driving them 3 miles east on Foster.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

I agree that's questionable, but idk if there's anything to @MALTDISNEY's Cubs shuttle point (and someone else saying buses are being stockpiled for the DNC), and there is also the point that after CTA cleared the property it acquired at FG, there is room there to stash them until driving them 3 miles east on Foster.

I hardly doubt they'll use the 3rd lot for the excess bloat but time will tell in the next few weeks.

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I hardly doubt they'll use the 3rd lot for the excess bloat but time will tell in the next few weeks.

There isn't any "third lot" as such. Everything on the south side of Armstrong east of the transportation office has been levelled, and "Mayor Daley" iron fences installed around it. Roughly the areas in yellow boxes have been cleared:

Screenshot2024-08-02at22-22-425401WArmstrongAve-GoogleMaps.thumb.png.90d00a920ebae6f3b5aa620632706127.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Word on the street is 74th will in fact get new novas and probably soon. Ashland has just got extended to Lawrence so we may get them sooner than later.

WOOOHOOOO. I’m hoping it’s those high 87s that should go there. Are you guys up for training by any chance? 

On 8/2/2024 at 3:59 PM, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah I understand that. However, A majority of that 600 is halfway done by now from the rosters I've seen as of late. If anything why send buses to FG just to have them yanked for another garage to take possession of? 77th is right next to SS and could easily take on the load of higher #1000s. FG can't fix everything to standard of what it once was.

3 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Word on the street is 74th will in fact get new novas and probably soon. Ashland has just got extended to Lawrence so we may get them sooner than later.

Well NP and 74th are the two garages that don't have the 8350s save for 2 training buses at NP.   If CTA plans to showcase these buses, that probably means either NP and 74th aren't participating in the DNC Shuttle or CTA will shuffle some to NP before thee DNC begins in two weeks.   I still think it is crazy to send new buses to FG only to turn around and take them away in a short period of time.   We will see what happens soon. 

• Upvote 4