More Bus Moves

sw4400

24 minutes ago, Elkmn said:

The guys who run commuters take action

20 minutes ago, Elkmn said:

I'm trying to start a conspiracy that Dorval Carter is a mafia boss (like whoever runs boeing)

9 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Again what is that supposed to mean? This isn't UnTruth Social.

Don't you have anything better to do?

Fergit it. I figured it out. Another reference to crank activists, like several other groups that appropriated the CTA's initials.

3 hours ago, Elkmn said:

Are they preparing for spring pick or is this completely unrelated

It might be spring pick related. Buses have had a history of being reassigned when a change in schedules due to pick change approaches. It could simultaneously be due to C and K having gotten new buses out of the most round of 8350s deliveries. I could see C especially having a bit of a surplus because not only did they get more 8350s than K out of the recent deliveries, but they were also still holding on to a good number of former 103rd assigned 1000s that were placed on their roster last year. Also this split assignment of 8350s between them and K makes this their third allotment of 8350s and I don't recall them having given up very many 1000s during their second allotment of 8350s. 

Also, FG sent buses 1552-1557 back to NP for the warmer weather pick.

1218, 1225, 1227, 1233, 1241-1244 and 1246 should all be at 77th at this time, while 1216 (the only straggler left behind at K) will join the others sent to 77th later this weekend.

3 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

Also, FG sent buses 1552-1557 back to NP for the warmer weather pick.

1218, 1225, 1227, 1233, 1241-1244 and 1246 should all be at 77th at this time, while 1216 (the only straggler left behind at K) will join the others sent to 77th later this weekend.

1557 appears to have remained at Forest Glen for now.

25 minutes ago, Elkmn said:

A very poor retirement home at that; they let the elderly be beat up daily by high schoolers and I'm pretty sure that's a felony.

That's a city-wide thing not exclusive to Forest Glen.   Forest Glen has proven they can take good care of buses that other garages have beaten up  abd have not maintained. 

They must do a really good job if they keep high school tripper buses in operating order, reminds me of midway yards. I'd hope they enjoy their work there, but it seems like a pain to maintain all those rusty carbon frame buses.

32 minutes ago, Elkmn said:

They must do a really good job if they keep high school tripper buses in operating order, reminds me of midway yards. I'd hope they enjoy their work there, but it seems like a pain to maintain all those rusty carbon frame buses.

Well they get to rest on the weekends as FG really uses only half of their  buses on the weekends.     Other than the 77, 152, 80, and 56, the routes that do run ib the weekends are very low frequency routes.   Compare to 77th, with high frequency routes like the 3, 4, 8, 79, and 87 where buses take a constant beating and that explains a lot. 

• Upvote 1

Forest glen does not pull flyers out for the 56, 68, 81w, 85a, or 88. One bus comes off the 90 and the 88 and becomes a 56, likely the only flyer that runs on 56 during the day. No flyers are sent to south shops on 56. For the 4 shorter routes, flyers may come in later when reliefs or replacements take place

On 3/25/2024 at 3:28 PM, Chammon Moore said:

Loans as of today 3/25 

1000,1004,1710,1843 K to P

1005,1008,1016,1700,1735 K to F 

these aren’t loans, F and NP are having issues dealing with the higher flyers ranging from 1630-1930 having rust issues and other issues that are putting em to retirement, it only makes sense to have anything under 1630 at those 2 garages and 1005, 1008 and 1016 are former F buses 

11 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

these aren’t loans, F and NP are having issues dealing with the higher flyers ranging from 1630-1930 having rust issues and other issues that are putting em to retirement, it only makes sense to have anything under 1630 at those 2 garages and 1005, 1008 and 1016 are former F buses 

Also K having recently received Novas.

On 3/25/2024 at 9:52 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Forest glen does not pull flyers out for the 56, 68, 81w, 85a, or 88. One bus comes off the 90 and the 88 and becomes a 56, likely the only flyer that runs on 56 during the day. No flyers are sent to south shops on 56. For the 4 shorter routes, flyers may come in later when reliefs or replacements take place

It's a decision made by management at the garage. 

• Upvote 1