More Bus Moves

sw4400

5 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well I'll add another loan into the mix because #8371 has popped up on the 192.

1 minute ago, Sam92 said:

That's a first in a long time 

That;s a double strange because 192 is usually interlined with 14.

5 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Yeah that block is interlined with the J14, I'll assume they pulled that operator off of the 56 to do a quick trip SB on the 192 from Union Station. It's currently heading back NB so we'll see if it returns to the 56 or turns into the 192 for one more SB trip. 

32 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah, I was puzzled by the lack of info the history tracker was able to give me in regards to all of the loans this morning. It needs another update to accurately display things.

What apparently needs an update is the Clever Device in the bus, as @maths22 only skims the data on CTA's server. I don't know if the Clever Device has enough info in it that a driver logging into block J14-108 (hypothetically)  in a foreign bus activates the run, or the CD has to be reprogrammed when the bus changes garages. Sort of similar to CTA's destination signs have data for all routes, while Pace's only have readings for the particular garage.

On 10/5/2023 at 2:16 PM, Busjack said:

What apparently needs an update is the Clever Device in the bus, as @maths22 only skims the data on CTA's server. I don't know if the Clever Device has enough info in it that a driver logging into block J14-108 (hypothetically)  in a foreign bus activates the run, or the CD has to be reprogrammed when the bus changes garages. Sort of similar to CTA's destination signs have data for all routes, while Pace's only have readings for the particular garage.

what i noticed from last year is every october 1st maths individual bus history goes down after 9/30, I have emailed the person in charge to update the system.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

what i noticed from last year is every october 1st maths individual bus history goes down after 9/30, I have emailed the person in charge to update the system.

Again I had to scratch my head over this, but apparently that's why 8371, nor any other bus, showed up after 9/30. I don't know if @maths22 can do anything about it.

Based on the time of @YoungBusLover's post, the bus is on "Archive of All Buses" as of 10/5/23 8:50 a.m.:

image.thumb.png.f8aed7ce839eb28f1cf8b189db1b90f6.png

To get back to the point of this topic, it was on a J14 block.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/5/2023 at 9:18 AM, Busjack said:

Yeah all 192s are deadheading J14 extras. What I meant was seeing a 40ft on 192 usually those get priority for artics. Also weird for them to have a surplus and still can't cover it's artic routes

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Yeah all 192s are deadheading J14 extras. What I meant was seeing a 40ft on 192 usually those get priority for artics. Also weird for them to have a surplus and still can't cover it's artic routes

Not quite an accurate description. All 192 trips are covered by J14 blocks. They are not "extras" but scheduled. Yes, they are supposed to be artics, but having a 40 is not unprecedented. Same as 169 to UPS. Should be an artic, but there have been 40s on it occasionally. Better a 40 than a dropped trip.

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

hell i caught #1142 last week on the 192 it was on a J14 block

IMG_5738.jpeg

Whats weird to me about this is isn't 997 a training bus run? ?? 103rd's that short they snatching drivers straight out of class?!??

"You got it from here mate" ??

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, andrethebusman99 said:

Not quite an accurate description. All 192 trips are covered by J14 blocks. They are not "extras" but scheduled. Yes, they are supposed to be artics, but having a 40 is not unprecedented. Same as 169 to UPS. Should be an artic, but there have been 40s on it occasionally. Better a 40 than a dropped trip.

I don't think anyone other than you said it was an "extra." They said it was interlined with J14 or was on a J14 block. Obviously, it is scheduled if CTA is charging U of C $165/service hour to run it.

14 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Whats weird to me about this is isn't 997 a training bus run? ?? 103rd's that short they snatching drivers straight out of class?!??

"You got it from here mate" ??

We're usually told to use 997 or 999 when doing a fill run. Often times the RUN Box will display those two numbers or Insert Garage / D. Like 1D,7D,6D,CD,FD,KD and ND. Dummy runs for the RUN Box as shown in the clever device.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

I don't think anyone other than you said it was an "extra." They said it was interlined with J14 or was on a J14 block. Obviously, it is scheduled if CTA is charging U of C $165/service hour to run it.

No I'll admit I used the term extra when I should've used rush hour trippers so he's basically correcting my mess up lol

32 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

We're usually told to use 997 or 999 when doing a fill run. Often times the RUN Box will display those two numbers or Insert Garage / D. Like 1D,7D,6D,CD,FD,KD and ND. Dummy runs for the RUN Box as shown in the clever device.

Ahh yeah I remember that explanation of the "D" designation when I thought all the Chicago buses were saying "5 O" to be funny lmao. So what is the training bus run number? I thought it was:

980-999 unused with the exception of:

992- road call

997- training bus

999- extra/fill in ? or are 997s fill in runs that can be used for training as needed? 

If you are doing something that is not a scheduled piece, like here possibly the J14 that was supposed to do this 192 trip broke down, a different run is diverted as 192 is a "must go". Now you can't run with your own run number, because Clever Devices can't handle diversions, and will display whatever then scheduled next trip would have been instead. So you put up a 997 or some other unused run number and then manually put in the trip plan so you get the right destination up. Did thatone time a few years ago, was sent to Navy Pier to do a State extra on Tree Lighting Day, but ended up doing a 65 to Nordica then 74 to Halsted as "1535" with an artic.

• Upvote 1

On 10/13/2023 at 9:12 AM, iamlocoooo said:

1431 7 to 3 on 112

On 10/17/2023 at 9:52 AM, iamlocoooo said:

8305 is on 147

As 8305 is back at Kedzie currently on the 7 and Maths22's tracker shows that 1431 was back at 77th by the 16th, both of those were nothing more than loans last week and the week before.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Had a few moves take place overnight not sure if they'll be permanent or not.

77th to NP #1430, #1431, #1558, #1585, #1588

C to FG #1407,#1408,#1410 ,#1411, #1445, #1448, #1450, #1453

Is it possible that in the case of the C moves it's in part from the additional 8350s they got shortly before we first started seeing some hit service out of K?

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

Is it possible that in the case of the C moves it's in part from the additional 8350s they got shortly before we first started seeing some hit service out of K?

I would assume at this time yes. In regards to the remaining #8600s to enter serivce there is about 10 or so left at SS waiting to be cleared for serivce. I saw two earlier today sitting at 78th and Vincennes next to #6163 that appear to be waiting for pickup later on this evening if not tomorrow. I believe they were #8634 and #8636.