More Bus Moves

sw4400

2 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

As it's happening, K appeared to pick up most, if not all, of the 8300-8321 group from 103rd as well because all of the remaining buses in the 8450-8549 group that are currently at South Shops, plus a large number of the buses numbered above 8550, are slated to be assigned to 103rd.

Henceforth, when the weekend swaps are completed, K should be up to 78 Novas assigned to it - 7903-7906, 7908, 8100-8108 and 8260-8324. And once the 8550-8649 group finally enters revenue service, expect K to get assigned some of those, plus much of the yet-to-be-delivered 8650-8749 group, to retire/replace most of its remaining 1600s and 1700s.

I highly doubt they'll be getting that many. They only have 32 so far when you actually count them all. Those #8300s from 103rd for whatever reason have become lemons during there tenure there. Hopefully Kedzie can fix those issues they have. 

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I highly doubt they'll be getting that many. They only have 32 so far when you actually count them all. Those #8300s from 103rd for whatever reason have become lemons during there tenure there. Hopefully Kedzie can fix those issues they have. 

Dam K getting alot of new things coming maybe I should have stayed there lmfao

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Just seen 8301 on the 7 it has a K sticker already they not playing they marking them buses fast ??

A few of Kedzie’s 8200s and 8300s I saw during the PM rush all ready got the K Stickers like ASAP now, 8311-8312, 8285 and 8321 are the ones I saw with Kedzie Stickers and 8323 still has the F sticker lol ?

15 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

half of FG 1600’s have “F” already 

I guess CTA is getting desperate 

O guess they figure if any garage can extend the life of a series of buses, FG is that garage

So they are usually tasked with getting the worst buses to get them in a decent state of repair 

The south side garages have figured out the best way to get new equipment  is to run the old equipment into the ground and not repair any  forcing CTA to give them new buses. 

Now K is getting in on the act.

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

O guess they figure if any garage can extend the life of a series of buses, FG is that garage

So they are usually tasked with getting the worst buses to get them in a decent state of repair 

The south side garages have figured out the best way to get new equipment  is to run the old equipment into the ground and not repair any  forcing CTA to give them new buses. 

While FG probably has the best maintenance, it got a bunch of 8350s, so, for a change, has a lower average age. If there is any trend, NP has received 1100s and no Novas, and, surprisingly, 77th only got 7900s.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, artthouwill said:

SS/7 is the golden child anyways they get all of the new buses but not this time around most went to 3 & FG 

A little late, but 8287 has joined most of the other buses in the 8260-8324 group at K. It had remained at FG for several days after the others had already gone to K.

And as I mentioned in my previous post, 8276, 8280, 8288 and 8300 remain at 103rd - at least for now.

59 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

A little late, but 8287 has joined most of the other buses in the 8260-8324 group at K. It had remained at FG for several days after the others had already gone to K.

And as I mentioned in my previous post, 8276, 8280, 8288 and 8300 remain at 103rd - at least for now.

8298 operated out of Forest Glen yesterday, that might be at Kedzie by now.

We also are waiting for 8267, 8289, and 8292 too.

8323 was spotted as a ghost bus.