More Bus Moves

sw4400

6 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Okay.   Why would 4196 or any artic be at FG?  

5 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

i’m not the manager of maintenance so i don’t have a answer to that.

Cta heard the suggestions for a North Main-Jeff Park connection. X81 starts next pick 🤫

Just now, Chammon Moore said:

What u mean sir?

I was joking lol

44 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Sarcasm sir.

11 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Cta heard the suggestions for a North Main-Jeff Park connection. X81 starts next pick 🤫

But on a serious note it's a shame Lawrence was knocked down to one lane. With it being further north an X81 can do what 80 did but with a chance to transfer sooner for far north riders. Plus Lawrence seems to have a lot of corridors that people can connect to commercially and for the ride to O'Hare without having to go all the way south to switch trains 

21 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

I was joking lol

But on a serious note it's a shame Lawrence was knocked down to one lane. With it being further north an X81 can do what 80 did but with a chance to transfer sooner for far north riders. Plus Lawrence seems to have a lot of corridors that people can connect to commercially and for the ride to O'Hare without having to go all the way south to switch trains 

True u got a good point there i wish that route can come back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chammon Moore said:

True u got a good point there i wish that route can come back 

X80 Irving Park Express was a nice express that had decent ridership that should able to return to service from Lake Shore Dr to Cumberland connecting to the Irving Park Blue Line station to continue to O'Hare Airport. Until Sheridan Red becomes a ADA accessible station, buses should serve Addison or Wilson station. 

On 10/1/2024 at 10:23 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

74th might be gearing up for the higher 8700’s, we got 1027 the same weekend we got 1100 and 1369, yesterday 1026 came over so 1024-25 shouldn’t be far behind if we end up getting even more flyers. 

Yea so yall gonna be getting some more buses from 6 be ready to do some work to em dawg I've seen 8702 over here on the 44 I believe it was 8702

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ArcherRider said:

4099 K to P because check bus route tracker was #50

There’s a Kedzie DE60LF on the 50 on certain nights this late, this bus is not out of North Park garage. Tonight, Kedzie used 4099 to take people home down Damen from the United Center after the game.

On 10/4/2024 at 10:32 PM, Shannon tahoeppv said:

Yea so yall gonna be getting some more buses from 6 be ready to do some work to em dawg I've seen 8702 over here on the 44 I believe it was 8702

Not necessarily. NP has a new 8350 in service, one which was reported in the 8350 thread. It's presumably one out of the bunch that left SS Friday night which @YoungBusLover hypothesized would be for NP or FG. If anything, at this point NP would probably be able to further knock down what remains of its option 3 and 4 NF buses without taking on that many more lower option ones displaced by 8350s from elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

Not necessarily. NP has a new 8350 in service, one which was reported in the 8350 thread. It's presumably one out of the bunch that left SS Friday night which @YoungBusLover hypothesized would be for NP or FG. If anything, at this point NP is would probably be able to further knock down what remains of its option 3 and 4 NF buses without taking on that many more lower option ones displaced by 8350s from elsewhere. 

If CTA is smart they would split up what's left of the option 3/4 #1000s and have them reduced to AM/PM rush service only. As wild as that idea may sound they're not getting any younger in regards to rusting that is. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

If CTA is smart they would split up what's left of the option 3/4 #1000s and have them reduced to AM/PM rush service only. As wild as that idea may sound they're not getting any younger in regards to rusting that is. 

I don't think Streets and San will be spreading more magnesium chloride on the streets before mid*Dec. But you do have a point.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jajuan said:

Not necessarily. NP has a new 8350 in service, one which was reported in the 8350 thread. It's presumably one out of the bunch that left SS Friday night which @YoungBusLover hypothesized would be for NP or FG. If anything, at this point NP is would probably be able to further knock down what remains of its option 3 and 4 NF buses without taking on that many more lower option ones displaced by 8350s from elsewhere. 

Bet