wordguy

More Bus Moves

More North Park 1600's have made their way to Kedzie. 1617 was on the 125, and 1615 was on the 7.

1617 was on the 12 earlier this morning. It was leapfrogging with the bus I rode on the same route this morning, 1633. I was going to ask if anyone else noticed other former NP buses on Kedzie routes and jacksone44 answered my question.

Hey all, thanks for those that continually contribute to the information, we have been able to keep somewhat of an accurate account of what buses are where...

CTA Garage Assignment Roster

The said roster was updated earlier today.

I registered and couldnt figure out how to update, but North Park has up to 4148 of DE60LF.

I registered and couldnt figure out how to update, but North Park has up to 4148 of DE60LF.

Thats because I have it locked out so that only the admins can update it, we had people vandalizing the rosters so I had to turn off that "open" feature.

Thanks for the update, I'll adjust that now.

Also, 4050 is not mentioned on any of the rosters. Is it on long term hold?

the last time i saw #4050 was three months ago

#4149, I believe is being held back at NF as a prototype for the 58 artics that will be coming soon. Usually there is one bus held back for an example, whether there will be new features on these I do not know. When they come in we'll most likely see #4149.

1981 was idling at Sheridan & Foster.

This puts spotlight on my thought again that since NP has #1980, #1981-1989 may be moving over in exchange for some other series blocks(either the D40LF's or the DE60LF's).

either a couple of moves or a couple of loaners: 4047 was on the 151 (K portion) and 1981 was idling at Sheridan & Foster.

I was going to say that 4047 might have been a straggler that didn't leave Kedzie with the other artics that went south until remembering spotting it on the 14 not too long ago. As for 1981, if I remember correctly I think this one has been up at NP for a small bit of time now before your spotting it. If I'm not mistaken I rode it on the 136 last month around the same time that 1615 and 1617 first made their way from NP to Kedzie. As a matter of fact it's been turning up on both 135 and 136 on different days off and on for a few weeks. The most recent I think was Thursday on I want to say 136, but could have been 135.

I was going to say that 4047 might have been a straggler that didn't leave Kedzie with the other artics that went south until remembering spotting it on the 14 not too long ago. As for 1981, if I remember correctly I think this one has been up at NP for a small bit of time now before your spotting it. If I'm not mistaken I rode it on the 136 last month around the same time that 1615 and 1617 first made their way from NP to Kedzie. As a matter of fact it's been turning up on both 135 and 136 on different days off and on for a few weeks. The most recent I think was Thursday on I want to say 136, but could have been 135.

4047 was never at Kedzie (on a semi permanent basis). Kedzie had the evens and NP had the odds that went south.

Just rode 1608 on #8 Halsted this afternoon. Wasn't this a South Side bus, and now it's been moved to Kedzie?

Just rode 1608 on #8 Halsted this afternoon. Wasn't this a South Side bus, and now it's been moved to Kedzie?

Yes that bus was sent over from 103rd

i just saw #1618 on the #8 on bus tracker

Looks like more lower 1600s making it to Kedzie. A few 1610s from NP (1615, 1617 and 1619) along with 1620s odd to go with the evens from months ago had already made their way to Kedzie. Plus I thought 1608 was at 74th most recently rather than 103rd, or was it just odd numbered 1600s originally at NP that were recently sent to 74th when some lower 6200s got sent to 103rd?

Looks like more lower 1600s making it to Kedzie. A few 1610s from NP (1615, 1617 and 1619) along with 1620s odd to go with the evens from months ago had already made their way to Kedzie. Plus I thought 1608 was at 74th most recently rather than 103rd, or was it just odd numbered 1600s originally at NP that were recently sent to 74th when some lower 6200s got sent to 103rd?

Only 1601 and 1603 are at 74th. The evens never made it to 74th.

Only 1601 and 1603 are at 74th. The evens never made it to 74th.

Ok. But 1614 can be added to Kedzie's count now. I rode it on the 12 20 mins ago.

Spotted 1616 on the 12, so that's 1608, 1614, 1616, and 1618 spotted newly assigned at Kedzie so far.

Well I guess the transfering of buses has begun. #4055 is showing up as a #145 on Bustracker. Sounds like kedzie is getting artics from NP while NP gets new ones. I have a feeling #4150 may be heading to NP. I think it was only at Kedzie for the press conference. CTA seems to be allergic to press conferences at outdoor garages.

Chicago Bus Alert FYI:I bring to you good tidings for forest glen, 50 flyers are arriving soon from 77th with a swap of novas or maybe 6000s. So now the flyer curse will end at forest glen 4 now.

Well I guess the transfering of buses has begun. #4055 is showing up as a #145 on Bustracker. Sounds like kedzie is getting artics from NP while NP gets new ones. I have a feeling #4150 may be heading to NP. I think it was only at Kedzie for the press conference. CTA seems to be allergic to press conferences at outdoor garages.

I was thinking the same thing. I spotted 4057 and 4059 on the 156 this afternoon.