More Bus Moves

sw4400

20 hours ago, Master58 said:

Either math22s tracker is wrong or the official tracker is wrong either way 103rd hasn't been using their artics for about a little over a month,  ive talked to an operator at 77th and he stated they aren't getting any artics. So when winter pick comes who knows where there going. 

His tracker is quite accurate. It uses the same API data that CTA's own BusTracker uses and that's available for software developers to make third party versions of BusTracker. 103rd has indeed been using less artics. Just not at as high a deficit as you want to believe. And if 103rd isn't using its artics, then I suppose all those blips marked with fleet numbers being with a 4 representing buses on the 4, J14, 26 and 192 right now are all just ghosts. 

4 hours ago, jajuan said:

His tracker is quite accurate. It uses the same API data that CTA's own BusTracker uses and that's available for software developers to make third party versions of BusTracker. 103rd has indeed been using less artics. Just not at as high a deficit as you want to believe. And if 103rd isn't using its artics, then I suppose all those blips marked with fleet numbers being with a 4 representing buses on the 4, J14, 26 and 192 right now are all just ghosts. 

True. But on the ghost issue, it usually indicates that a bus that exists isn't reflected on the tracker, such as half of those on 95. I don't know of any instance of a bus appearing on the tracker that didn't exist, and I am also not sure of any example of a misnumbered bus on the tracker.

14 minutes ago, Busjack said:

True. But on the ghost issue, it usually indicates that a bus that exists isn't reflected on the tracker, such as half of those on 95. I don't know of any instance of a bus appearing on the tracker that didn't exist, and I am also not sure of any example of a misnumbered bus on the tracker.

Actually I was using a little sarcasm to make a point.

On 12/8/2016 at 5:46 PM, jajuan said:

I rather take my chance on the official tracker,  and yeah all those buses are ghost buses lol try not to get emotions involved. 103rd artics are in maintenance causing them to use 1000s on the 6, J14 and 26.

13 hours ago, Master58 said:

I rather take my chance on the official tracker,  and yeah all those buses are ghost buses lol try not to get emotions involved. 103rd artics are in maintenance causing them to use 1000s on the 6, J14 and 26.

Well I have caught 4302 (9/20), 4304 (10/20), 4081 (10/27), 4320 (12/8) and 4088 (12/9) on the J14 over the last three months AND have seen 103rd artics on the J14 everyday in that period. Yes some are in maintenance but it is not all as you state!

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

Well I have caught 4302 (9/20), 4304 (10/20), 4081 (10/27), 4320 (12/8) and 4088 (12/9) on the J14 over the last three months AND have seen 103rd artics on the J14 everyday in that period. Yes some are in maintenance but it is not all as you state!

I never said all of there artics were down i said most of their 4000's were down , and i never said anything about 4300s 

3 hours ago, Master58 said:

I never said all of there artics were down i said most of their 4000's were down , and i never said anything about 4300s 

And as I demonstrated through Maths22's tracker, that statement turned out to be false. Most of 103rd's artics are not down despite the noticeable increase of 40 foot buses on the artic routes. 

1 hour ago, andrethebusman said:

You will never see a 40-footer on 192. Absolutely forbidden! Also, all 192's come from or go into J14.

Yeah current bus deployments since the uptick in artics out for maintenance, would appear to confirm your report that it's forbidden. I wonder though if there's something with how the agreement with U of C works than the rush interline with J14 given the J14 has standard size buses deployed at times. I think that a 40 footer managed to slip on that route a long time ago in the early days after it was created. But beyond that, nothing but artics have been on 192. 

And as I demonstrated through Maths22's tracker, that statement turned out to be false. Most of 103rd's artics are not down despite the noticeable increase of 40 foot buses on the artic routes. 

Artics were out only during the rush period after that mostly 40 footers. Bottomline more 40 footers are out then they are Artics out on the 6, J14 and 26. 

On 12/11/2016 at 1:22 AM, Master58 said:

Artics were out only during the rush period after that mostly 40 footers. Bottomline more 40 footers are out then they are Artics out on the 6, J14 and 26. 

Again false. Artics have been out during most of the service times and days for each of those routes, but do keep grasping at those straws. 

On 12/3/2016 at 6:54 PM, jajuan said:

I agree with you that if they're not going to keep artics at Chicago Garage that they would be better served through the south side, but as it seems like we're coming to agreement, through 77th not 103rd. There's no way 103rd needs to be at the artic numbers they were during the time of the Red Line South replacement shuttles as you just noted. So whichever managers at 77th that doesn't like that garage having artics is just going to get over it. Kedzie doesn't need more because the routes it uses them on are well covered. Besides that it doesn't have the capacity. That's why it's been giving up full routes and some runs on some others to Chicago in the last couple of years. North Park sure as heck doesn't need any more because it's already at 130 roughly. FG and 74th don't have the maintenance lifts for 60 foot artics due to geniuses working at CTA not grasping that 55 foot artics weren't really being built anymore with MAN leaving the States. Heck even the artics it made for Seattle and bought second hand to shore things up until the NABI 7500s were available happened to be 60 feet long. So the only logical choice really is 77th. 

Imma nip this in the bud as someone whose lived in 103rd's area for the longest....  Yes there are quite a few 103rd 4000's at south shops....  Impact on service?  Minor,  all 192's that pass by my Jimmy Johns on Roosevelt and Michigan have been artics,  J14 and 6 for the most part remain unchanged 26 has had a stray 1000 here and there.  Long story short whatever's going on at 103rd is honestly not too much of an impact compared to before J14 and 4300's came Into the picture when there was much more debate about 1000's showing up on 6 and the then 14 Jeffery Express.  That was also a different scenario where 103rd held around 45 artics during that time compared to now.  Another thing,  I've seen 103rds deployment patterns enough by now to know if short on artics,  they will pull the extras that show up at the Dan Ryan or the 26 before pulling them off 6 and J14 and at 75 artics now there'd have to be 30 out of service before we get to the point where we'd see 1000's on those two as exaggerated by @Master58. I bet I can pull up 6, 14, 26 and 192 on the bus tracker map at this moment and screenshot a predominantly article deployment on those routes. 

5 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Imma nip this in the bud as someone whose lived in 103rd's area for the longest....  Yes there are quite a few 103rd 4000's at south shops....  Impact on service?  Minor,  all 192's that pass by my Jimmy Johns on Roosevelt and Michigan have been artics,  J14 and 6 for the most part remain unchanged 26 has had a stray 1000 here and there.  Long story short whatever's going on at 103rd is honestly not too much of an impact compared to before J14 and 4300's came Into the picture when there was much more debate about 1000's showing up on 6 and the then 14 Jeffery Express.  That was also a different scenario where 103rd held around 45 artics during that time compared to now.  Another thing,  I've seen 103rds deployment patterns enough by now to know if short on artics,  they will pull the extras that show up at the Dan Ryan or the 26 before pulling them off 6 and J14 and at 75 artics now there'd have to be 30 out of service before we get to the point where we'd see 1000's on those two as exaggerated by @Master58. I bet I can pull up 6, 14, 26 and 192 on the bus tracker map at this moment and screenshot a predominantly article deployment on those routes. 

I picked through random days on Maths22's tracker between September (the earliest his tracker had info archived) and this month to make all of this very point, and he still won't believe anything but the exaggerations he's deadset to believe. So good luck in trying to nip in the bud.

10 hours ago, jajuan said:

Again false. Artics have been out during most of the service times and days for each of those routes, but do keep grasping at those straws. 

9 hours ago, Sam92 said:

3 hours ago, jajuan said:

I picked through random days on Maths22's tracker between September (the earliest his tracker had info archived) and this month to make all of this very point, and he still won't believe anything but the exaggerations he's deadset to believe. So good luck in trying to nip in the bud.

Actually 103rd has 69 artics all together, so the 40 ft footers  that have been showing up on the J14 , 26 and especially the 6 means that their artics don't have maintenance issues. Im excluding rush hour period. 

9 hours ago, Master58 said:

Actually 103rd has 69 artics all together, so the 40 ft footers  that have been showing up on the J14 , 26 and especially the 6 means that their artics don't have maintenance issues. Im excluding rush hour period. 

Whether you exclude rush hour or not, contrary to what you've been trying to claim artics have been on all three of those routes all day everyday that they're in service. 

Whether you exclude rush hour or not, contrary to what you've been trying to claim artics have been on all three of those routes all day everyday that they're in service. 

Im going to let you keep thinking that,  the tracker and reality says otherwise especially 6 and 26 now in the past few weeks the j14 has been back to all artics all day. 

As of 3:30 #6 has 1041, 1033 and 1144, the rest 4000s or 4300s . #26 has a few 1000's which isn't out of the ordinary and tbh looks like theyre in the mist of transitioning to predominantly artics.  I don't see any 1000's on the J14 but the count may be off cause theres probably  few artics at 95th/Dan Ryan finishing up school runs on 112, 95, 103 and other trippers that are headed downtown on the expressway to become a J14. 26 or to UofC to become part of the 192/J14 interline

Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-30-28.png

Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-30-43.png

Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-30-48.png

Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-30-55.png

15 minutes ago, Master58 said:

Im going to let you keep thinking that,  the tracker and reality says otherwise especially 6 and 26 now in the past few weeks the j14 has been back to all artics all day. 

Umm what's there to think about? Every claim you've tried to make about the artic maintenance issue being worse than what it actually is turned out to be false. CTA's and Maths22's trackers have confirmed and backed me up on this. So where exactly are you trying to go with this now?

5 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

As of 3:30 #6 has 1041, 1033 and 1144, the rest 4000s or 4300s . #26 has a few 1000's which isn't out of the ordinary and tbh looks like theyre in the mist of transitioning to predominantly artics.  I don't see any 1000's on the J14 but the count may be off cause theres probably  few artics at 95th/Dan Ryan finishing up school runs on 112, 95, 103 and other trippers that are headed downtown on the expressway to become a J14. 26 or to UofC to become part of the 192/J14 interline

Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-30-28.png

Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-30-43.png

Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-30-48.png

Screenshot_2016-12-14-15-30-55.png

And I do seem to remember saying that the artic maintenance issue should be about corrected by about the time the winter pick goes into effect, and this screen shot would appear to be bearing this out and show that Master58 got caught up in another exaggeration since he countered that and claimed that it would take weeks for it to get corrected. 

Umm what's there to think about? Every claim you've tried to make about the artic maintenance issue being worse than what it actually is turned out to be false. CTA's and Maths22's trackers have confirmed and backed me up on this. So where exactly are you trying to go with this now?

And I do seem to remember saying that the artic maintenance issue should be about corrected by about the time the winter pick goes into effect, and this screen shot would appear to be bearing this out and show that Master58 got caught up in another exaggeration since he countered that and claimed that it would take weeks for it to get corrected. 

If the maintenance wasn't an issue you wouldn't be seeing 1000s on the 6 or the 26 which use to be all artics. 

11 hours ago, Master58 said:

If the maintenance wasn't an issue you wouldn't be seeing 1000s on the 6 or the 26 which use to be all artics. 

The artic levels on 6, J14, and 26 are back up to about what they were previously before the shortage, so the maintenance issue in fact does appear to have been corrected. What city have you been living in if you think 1000s never run on the 6 or 26? North Park has the highest artic count at just under 130, and even its artics routes are never all artic at all times of operation. So that last statement you made also happens to be false. The 6 and 26 may have been overwhelmingly artic covered at key points, but they were never really all artic all day. There have always been at least one or two 1000s on the 6 at some point especially during the evening when ridership across the system starts to drop off as any given night progresses. Also the 26 has always had some 1000s in the lighter part of the rush. Plus now that it does have some form of midday service and evening hours beyond the PM rush, it has always been the case that there are 1000s on the route during those off peak times. Before the artic count at 103rd hit about the 70 mark, the 26 was in fact all 1000s. The only artic route at 103rd that's always all artic is the 192. So I think it's high time at this point, that you come out of this fantasy land and stop exaggerating things as being so much worse now down at 103rd than what the evidence presented by other members and myself show the reality to be. So bringing this discussion back on topic, if circumstantial evidence found by Busjack pans out in the direction it appears to lean from examining future winter schedules, it appears a strong possibility that 77th may be forced to take the bite and take on artics once again if Chicago isn't keeping them.