More Bus Moves

sw4400

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

77th wouldn't need 40 artics if it were to get any.   If some do head that way,  I can't imagine more than 15 to 20 maximum with the rest split between the other artic garages. 

Well they already had started sending part of that 40 to a few other garages yesterday so there weren't 40 left to give 77th if they got any. The reason I had said maybe they got what was left out of that 40 is because 77th gave up a chunk of 40 foot buses, and something has to replace those.

8 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Quick check on maths22 bustracker shows the additional following moves:

1197, 1198, 1200, 1207 to 77th (1197/8 did not stay at Chicago long!)

1810, 1815, 1822, 1826, 1827, 1828, 1961, 1965, 8211 to Chicago

4053, 4062 to Kedzie

4138 to North Park

4177 to 103rd

77th now has buses 1194-1375. 1376-1385 are now at Chicago.

Kedzie's artic count increased as a result of losing most of its remaining 1800s to Chicago. Kedzie now has 4000 to at least 4063, plus 4198-4207.

Some of Chicago's 4110s, along with its 4170s and 4180s, are now at 103rd, while the rest of Chicago's artics ended up at North Park (which had to give up its 4050s and some 4060s to Kedzie, as well as its lower-numbered 1800s to Chicago, to make room for the 4120s-4141).

This may be in preparation for potential bus route garage assignment changes (for example, Kedzie may lose the #35 and #39 to 77th), as well as the potential assignment of some other Kedzie routes with artics (for example, the #82 may see more artics on the route, especially on weekends).

26 minutes ago, RJL6000 said:

77th now has buses 1194-1375. 1376-1385 are now at Chicago.

Kedzie's artic count increased as a result of losing most of its remaining 1800s to Chicago. Kedzie now has 4000 to at least 4063, plus 4198-4207.

Some of Chicago's 4110s, along with its 4170s and 4180s, are now at 103rd, while the rest of Chicago's artics ended up at North Park (which had to give up its 4050s and some 4060s to Kedzie, as well as its lower-numbered 1800s to Chicago, to make room for the 4120s-4141).

This may be in preparation for potential bus route garage assignment changes (for example, Kedzie may lose the #35 and #39 to 77th).

Based on this it appears that 77th won't be getting any artics.   But if 77th were to gain 35 and 39, it won't be until Spring pick at the earliest. 

Right. 77th gave up some buses it appears with nothing in return. But maybe what they sent to Chicago was offset by what came from 103rd. I can see the 12 becoming artic covered more often due to the increase, but not the 82 because of all the stop signs on Kimball and the same delay potential that Chicago purged artics. If the 82 were going to be artic run, that could have started today. The artics sent to NP were offset by what apparently went to Kedzie. So nothing would be changing there. And 103rd mainly seemed to get its remaining artic shortage plugged. So not much changed there. The main thrust of this was to make one more route at Kedzie artic covered daily since it was the garage with a big artic increase.

3 hours ago, jajuan said:

Right. 77th gave up some buses it appears with nothing in return. But maybe what they sent to Chicago was offset by what came from 103rd. I can see the 12 becoming artic covered more often due to the increase, but not the 82 because of all the stop signs on Kimball and the same delay potential that Chicago purged artics. If the 82 were going to be artic run, that could have started today. The artics sent to NP were offset by what apparently went to Kedzie. So nothing would be changing there. And 103rd mainly seemed to get its remaining artic shortage plugged. So not much changed there. The main thrust of this was to make one more route at Kedzie artic covered daily since it was the garage with a big artic increase.

On note of 77th....  I noticed Ashland is now a time point on 79th for some starting runs.  Also seen an 8000 running down Ashland with a 79 sign on Friday....  Is it possible that 74th is doing a few runs on 79th for some odd reason? Could be part of the reason for 77th losing but not gaining 

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

On note of 77th....  I noticed Ashland is now a time point on 79th for some starting runs.  Also seen an 8000 running down Ashland with a 79 sign on Friday....  Is it possible that 74th is doing a few runs on 79th for some odd reason? Could be part of the reason for 77th losing but not gaining 

On 12/16/2016 at 1:59 PM, artthouwill said:

I

There is a slim possibility of Kedzie receiving artics for use on Roosevelt...

Hmmm

4 hours ago, Sam92 said:

All buses on the #9 this morning, the first of the pick changes being in effect, are from 74th garage. So I'm not sure what the 79th time point is all about. It's not there signifying garage pull-ins or pull-outs. As for RJL's thought that Kedzie's artic increase may have been in part for the 82, it's still starting off it's service with 40 foot buses. So the increase might be explained and justified if come tomorrow we see most weekday Kedzie runs of the 12 being done by artics as has already been the case on weekends as Kedzie's artic increase is really enough to cover only one route if we take daily operations as a whole. 

3 hours ago, jajuan said:

All buses on the #9 this morning, the first of the pick changes being in effect, are from 74th garage. So I'm not sure what the 79th time point is all about. It's not there signifying garage pull-ins or pull-outs. As for RJL's thought that Kedzie's artic increase may have been in part for the 82, it's still starting off it's service with 40 foot buses. So the increase might be explained and justified if come tomorrow we see most weekday Kedzie runs of the 12 being done by artics as has already been the case on weekends as Kedzie's artic increase is really enough to cover only one route if we take daily operations as a whole. 

Nooooo I'm saying Ashland is now a time point on 79th and I'm wondering if 79th is getting help from 74th 

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Nooooo I'm saying Ashland is now a time point on 79th and I'm wondering if 79th is getting help from 74th 

Problem with that theory is that the 79 schedule Ashland column all has Ws, which is time at Wentworth. Those are either 77th pullouts or Red Line short trips. Nothing like the 66s with the first time point at Troy.

Can't really argue the trips that start at Western, because that seems to be the extent of owl service,

I also wonder that since @Mr.cta85 said that the swaps are still going on this weekend, you guys are jumping the gun. No sense starting a route with artics on a Sunday with this kind of weather. Wait until tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Busjack said:

Problem with that theory is that the 79 schedule Ashland column all has Ws, which is time at Wentworth. Those are either 77th pullouts or Red Line short trips. Nothing like the 66s with the first time point at Troy.

Can't really argue the trips that start at Western, because that seems to be the extent of owl service,

I also wonder that since @Mr.cta85 said that the swaps are still going on this weekend, you guys are jumping the gun. No sense starting a route with artics on a Sunday with this kind of weather. Wait until tomorrow.

On the increasingly small chance 77th got anything from this artic change, I'd agree. However, the usual suspects at the other garages that tend to be artic covered during weekends were run with artics today and yesterday throughout each wave of snowfall.

15 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Sorry read it backwards. But as Busjack noted, the W notations on that timepoint signify the 79 is still solely 77th territory.

22 minutes ago, jajuan said:

On the increasingly small chance 77th got anything from this artic change, I'd agree. However, the usual suspects at the other garages that tend to be artic covered during weekends were run with artics today and yesterday throughout each wave of snowfall.

But there there isn't the training issue raised by others and implied by @Mr.cta85.

Also 79 is either real messed up or has several ghost buses. No predictions WB on the empty stretch:

79.png

7 hours ago, Busjack said:

I think it was edited later cause at first some of the Ashland runs didn't have a "W"

Well I did a quick check on any differences.  This morning Chicago still has runs on Roosevelt which of course are now 8100s and 1900s instead of the usual 4000 you would've seen.  Kedzie hasn't put any on it's part of Roosevelt. I checked other kedzie routes for anything out of place with the extra artics,  82 has about 5-7 out right now but imma leave that to someone else to determine cause I've never really seen that route enough before this pick to know how it is.  125 has 2 artics out of a total of 3 buses I think that's a new thing though. 

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Well I did a quick check on any differences.  This morning Chicago still has runs on Roosevelt which of course are now 8100s and 1900s instead of the usual 4000 you would've seen.  Kedzie hasn't put any on it's part of Roosevelt. I checked other kedzie routes for anything out of place with the extra artics,  82 has about 5-7 out right now but imma leave that to someone else to determine cause I've never really seen that route enough before this pick to know how it is.  125 has 2 artics out of a total of 3 buses I think that's a new thing though. 

Actually Sam a Chicago had been putting a good number of 40 foot buses on the 12 for a while now even before the artic purge. That's because of the interline of some of those buses with the 157. And it's typically normal at certain times for the 125 to see more artics from Kedzie than 40 footers. The development with the 82 sounds new though. Sounds like Kedzie will be using the extra artics to help its 40 foot buses on the 82 during rush hour instead of making an extra route all artic.

1 hour ago, jesi2282 said:

1001 currently on 49 out of NP.

So my eyes weren't playing tricks on me this morning when I spotted it deadheading this morning with a train of other buses to North Park. It had so much dirt caked on it this morning that I thought maybe I was seeing 1901's fleet decals appearing as "1001" in the space that it actually just barely visible, which was the rear hatch in the usual spot near the external vent slits of the A/C. 

54 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Looks like Kedzie quite didn't cast off all its remaining 1800s to Chicago as 1853 is on the 82. 

Only 1819 and the 1820s and 1830s went to Chicago.

On another note, in addition to 1376-1385 and 8200-8211, Chicago also received 1601 from 77th.