More Bus Moves

sw4400

Only question now it what happens to the rest of the artics still at Chicago beyond the few that went to 103rd. So far they've only transferred a small few, and if 103rd were meant to get more than what they received, past history of how they've done early transfers before season changes and past observations with early transfers during the two waves of the 1000s swapocalypse suggest more artics than seen would have easily already been sent to 103rd with the few confirmed. Doesn't appear to be the case yet though. So far it looks like a simple shoring up of what remaining small artic maintenance shortage 103rd still might have had. I take note that 103rd's artic deployment levels and patterns haven't changed and 6 and 26 still have 1000s in operation. Still looks a split is possible. 

18 hours ago, garmon757 said:

@Master58 Please maintain your composure inside the forum. It's ok to dispute CTA operations by the choice of your words but anything extra isn't necessary. Try not to stress about it. @jajuan like my mom always say, "keep a cool head would ya". B|

Yes Sir, No stress over here everything happened as projected. 

25 minutes ago, Master58 said:

Yes Sir, No stress over here everything happened as projected. 

Well only partially. Only five artics confirmed moved to 103rd with no other garages seeing any gain yet. Might be possible that's all they get since past history shows they're able to move more than that even for changes observed on a Friday. ajm522 may be right that they got 103rd out the way or at the least started off early for weather reasons.  May be possible still that 77th or some other garage(s) gets the remainder. 

8 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Well only partially. Only five artics confirmed moved to 103rd with no other garages seeing any gain yet. Might be possible that's all they get since past history shows they're able to move more than that even for changes observed on a Friday. ajm522 may be right that they got 103rd out the way for weather reasons.  May be possible still that 77th or some other garage(s) gets the remainder. 

actually, 4 are confirmed so far, whatever happens just happens will have to wait and see and accept it. 

7 minutes ago, Master58 said:

actually, 4 are confirmed so far, whatever happens just happens will have to wait and see and accept it. 

I might have counted one twice. But true it's now a wait and see situation. We don't see enough transferred yet to say which projections are completely as expected. We only know it's partially underway, whatever happens. The only confirmation is 103rd's remaining shortage seen to. 

Well as you guys know im currently at 74th. I was asking clerk if I could help with the bus transfer for tomorrrow which I cant because I already have a run but anyway before she said I couldnt do it, she asked if I ever drove a artic and of course I have with me coming from 103rd. So now the question is now will 74th be getting artics since the operators here have to have artic driving experience in order to transfer buses. Or maybe they just need all the help they can get. I know 74th dont have the room for them tho so maybe its 77th who will be getting artics again lol.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Well as you guys know im currently at 74th. I was asking clerk if I could help with the bus transfer for tomorrrow which I cant because I already have a run but anyway before she said I couldnt do it, she asked if I ever drove a artic and of course I have with me coming from 103rd. So now the question is now will 74th be getting artics since the operators here have to have artic driving experience in order to transfer buses. Or maybe they just need all the help they can get. I know 74th dont have the room for them tho so maybe its 77th who will be getting artics again lol.

It's basically that they need all the help they can get. 74th doesn't have the proper maintenance lifts for artics, so it's automatically out just as FG is for the same reasons. So the only question is will the remaining artic garages see any beyond 103rd or will 77th become an artic garage once again and get the remaining artics left at Chicago. The only opportunity you would have gotten to behind the wheel of one again is helping to transfer the rest of the Chicago artics to whatever new home they're set for this weekend.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jajuan said:

It's basically that they need all the help they can get. 74th doesn't have the proper maintenance lifts for artics, so it's automatically out just as FG is for the same reasons. So the only question is will the remaining artic garages see any beyond 103rd or will 77th become an artic garage once again and get the remaining artics left at Chicago. The only opportunity you would have gotten to behind the wheel of one again is helping to transfer the rest of the Chicago artics to whatever new home they're set for this weekend.

I agree lol i dont miss the artics at all lol but ill be back at 103rd next system pick lol. But I hope 77th get artics again simply because they're the spoiled garage out the 7. They get what they want and take as they please lol it will be good for them to get artics again and keep them this time lol.

4 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I agree lol i dont miss the artics at all lol but ill be back at 103rd next system pick lol. But I hope 77th get artics again simply because they're the spoiled garage out the 7. They get what they want and take as they please lol it will be good for them to get artics again and keep them this time lol.

If they were going with the logical course, they could be doing the compromise move of a split between 77th and 103rd. The only way they avoid the capacity issues they just recently worked on trying to solve would be to keep four garages artic assigned. 

Christmas and New Year's Day fall on Sundays this time around, so we might want to be prepared that CTA (and Pace for that matter) will operate Sunday/Holiday schedules on December 26 and January 2 following other businesses and government entities in observing holidays on the following Monday when a major holiday such as these happens to fall on a Sunday. It's part of increasing practice of following suit with the federal government in the practice that when a holiday falls on a Saturday, it's also observed that preceding Friday and on the following Monday if the holiday falls on a Sunday. From what I've discovered with a little research, other TAs in other cities and metro regions will be following this practice also.

• Upvote 1

So far i haven't been able to spot any 40 foot buses out of place or added to Chicago beyond those spotted yesterday that gives any clues to how any further changes went down. So far there is just the one artic @Master58 spotted moved from Chicago to NP that in turn knocked an artic down to Kedzie. About the only thing noticeable besides that is a lack of any artics now on the 66.

8 hours ago, jajuan said:

Christmas and New Year's Day fall on Sundays this time around, so we might want to be prepared that CTA (and Pace for that matter) will operate Sunday/Holiday schedules on December 26 and January 2 following other businesses and government entities in observing holidays on the following Monday when a major holiday such as these happens to fall on a Sunday. It's part of increasing practice of following suit with the federal government in the practice that when a holiday falls on a Saturday, it's also observed that preceding Friday and on the following Monday if the holiday falls on a Sunday. From what I've discovered with a little research, other TAs in other cities and metro regions will be following this practice also.

You are correct from hearing from FT operators they have those Monday's off.

30 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

Looks like Chicago got back those odd 1900's that have been scattered. 1928 back at Chicago from Kedzie, 1998 back from NP. I am sure the other 1900's from NP are back at Chicago.  Also Chicago gained some 8200's from 77th including 8200-8210.

Hmm that #8200 move sounds like a permanent move as it is in line with the #8100s. For some reason they seem like they don't want fg to have 125 newer buses. So I wonder could we see a shift in #7900 buses in the future so each #7900 garage gets a somewhat even amount except the glen or will they just leave the odd fleet numbers in their places just due to what seats they have?

16 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm that #8200 move sounds like a permanent move as it is in line with the #8100s. For some reason they seem like they don't want fg to have 125 newer buses. So I wonder could we see a shift in #7900 buses in the future so each #7900 garage gets a somewhat even amount except the glen or will they just leave the odd fleet numbers in their places just due to what seats they have?

Wonder what 77th got for those 10 busses, also some high 1300's have shown up at Chicago from 77th 1376-1385. 

6 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

Quick check on maths22 bustracker shows the additional following moves:

1197, 1198, 1200, 1207 to 77th (1197/8 did not stay at Chicago long!)

1810, 1815, 1822, 1826, 1827, 1828, 1961, 1965, 8211 to Chicago

4053, 4062 to Kedzie

4138 to North Park

4177 to 103rd

Add 4063 to Kedzie from my earlier report of it being on the #12. The moved from 77th seem to suggest that it got any remaining Chicago artics.