More Bus Moves

sw4400

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

While I'm glad they caught this thief with this ill-gotten goods, I think with the tracking device, they could've waited a bit to get him.... like when he was off the bus, not on it. I'm sure the Police and FBI came on board, guns drawn to apprehend the suspect. But with other civilians on the bus, that was not a good tactic on their part. The suspect could've pulled a weapon and had a firefight with law enforcement with innocent civilians, including the Bus Operator, in the line of fire. Or, they could've grabbed another passenger and had a hostage situation.

You're overreacting here a bit to the situation. A lot of what you posed mainly happens in movies and on TV. Real life law enforcement officers rules and policies governing code of conduct that specifically are aimed toward minimizing the chances of any of the concerns in your post of even happening. At a time when there is concern out there among some of the public about law enforcement being too gung ho to pull or use their weapons instead of deflating or deescalating a situation before tensions get too high, especially when it comes to local police of a number big city jurisdictions including this one, do you really think the police and FBI would have been able to swoop down on that bus with guns already drawn before even spotting the suspect in the manner you described and the local media didn't report that?

On 3/21/2017 at 2:33 PM, jajuan said:

Real life law enforcement officers rules and policies governing code of conduct that specifically are aimed toward minimizing the chances of any of the concerns in your post of even happening. This is a time when there is concern out there among some of the public about law enforcement being too gung ho to pull or use their weapons instead of deflating or deescalating a situation before tensions get too high, especially when it comes to local police of a number big city jurisdictions including this one...

Fixed your response so it's more informative than anything else. He had a simple scenario, he wasn't overreacting. -_-

On 3/21/2017 at 0:46 PM, sw4400 said:

While I'm glad they caught this thief with this ill-gotten goods, I think with the tracking device, they could've waited a bit to get him.... like when he was off the bus, not on it. I'm sure the Police and FBI came on board, guns drawn to apprehend the suspect. But with other civilians on the bus, that was not a good tactic on their part. The suspect could've pulled a weapon and had a firefight with law enforcement with innocent civilians, including the Bus Operator, in the line of fire. Or, they could've grabbed another passenger and had a hostage situation.

We don't know if the police and FBI did that, but they apprehended the suspect with no injuries, so that's good. When I checked last, the article linked did not state if they had weapons used in the robbery. Remember, there are procedures that jajuan said quoted above that agencies use during these situations. They probably had a simple plan worked out to avoid any problems while apprehending the suspect as quickly as possible.

Reminds me of a situation I encountered in Norridge  right at the harlem forest preserve dr bus stop sb. Cops had stopped someone and pulled their guns having it pointed at an offenders car with him inside. I was like hello this is a bus stop with people standing here. I went to another stop cause that was crazy.

7 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Reminds me of a situation I encountered in Norridge  right at the harlem forest preserve dr bus stop sb. Cops had stopped someone and pulled their guns having it pointed at an offenders car with him inside. I was like hello this is a bus stop with people standing here. I went to another stop cause that was crazy.

There was the incident at the Lake Cook Metra a couple of months ago, where the police boarded the car because the suspect did not get off there as expected. Most of the reports indicate that he shot himself, although CTA would have categorized it as a medical emergency.

On 3/22/2017 at 4:59 PM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Fixed your response so it's more informative than anything else. He had a simple scenario, he wasn't overreacting. -_-

We don't know if the police and FBI did that, but they apprehended the suspect with no injuries, so that's good. When I checked last, the article linked did not state if they had weapons used in the robbery. Remember, there are procedures that jajuan said quoted above that agencies use during these situations. They probably had a simple plan worked out to avoid any problems while apprehending the suspect as quickly as possible.

I thank u for the "fix" but I wrote it just as I intended. From my side of it, it was a bit of an overreaction colored from a TV or movie scenario than real life. With the way the media is all over Trump over questions of possible misdeeds, I doubt they would overlook FBI and police going overboard while catching this bank robber. So how about we leave at u simply disagree without changing or fixing my words.;)9_9

On 3/22/2017 at 4:59 PM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

5 hours ago, jajuan said:

I thank u for the "fix" but I wrote it just as I intended. From my side of it, it was a bit of an overreaction colored from a TV or movie scenario than real life. With the way the media is all over Trump over questions of possible misdeeds, I doubt they would overlook FBI and police going overboard while catching this bank robber. So how about we leave at u simply disagree without changing or fixing my words.;)9_9

I just wanted to clarify my point on this post, so we can keep on topic:

Many times when there are bank robberies, the suspects typically flash a gun or at the very least hand the teller a note or say they have a gun, which is how they get what they what. If they don't brandish a weapon or at least give a note or inform the teller they have a gun, the teller may simply tell them to leave and walk away. When Law Enforcement find the suspect, they have to obviously apprehend the suspect, but because of the fact they may possibly be armed, they have to approach with firearms at the ready as they have to protect themselves and civilians from the suspect. If the suspect sees Law Enforcement approaching, they may very well pull the weapon to prevent arrest, if they do indeed have a weapon. That's why, with a tracking device, they could've waited a bit longer to apprehend the suspect.

My discussion on the forum is done for this. If you wish to reply to me more to this, that's fine, but please use the PM system for further discussion. I was just giving my opinion on how the situation was handled in @strictures post above. :)

7 hours ago, ajm522 said:

Chicago may have given NP some of its busses for spring pick. 1932 on 50 Damen. 

3 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

and 1930 on 22. 1933 is however on 20

Both observations still make things inconclusive. It could be Chicago gave a few buses up for spring pick extending NP's upper end of NF 40 footers to 1932, but by it being so few buses it could still likely be a loan of buses instead of an actual reassignment. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

You see the fleet number though. :D

I was thinking stock photo until you mentioned that. However, anything can be put on a wrap. I was going to say not enough resolution on the license plates, except the license plate is the same as here, i.e. M200021 (if blown up to 300%).

...or yer bad with Photoshop (again). Apr.fool.

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

I was thinking stock photo until you mentioned that. However, anything can be put on a wrap. I was going to say not enough resolution on the license plates, except the license plate is the same as here, i.e. M200021 (if blown up to 300%).

...or yer bad with Photoshop (again). Apr.fool.

Well it may not be far from the truth. The #700's could just continue with #702 and they could be wrapped the same although i' m itching to see an Xcelsior in cta livery.

On 3/27/2017 at 3:14 PM, jajuan said:

Both observations still make things inconclusive. It could be Chicago gave a few buses up for spring pick extending NP's upper end of NF 40 footers to 1932, but by it being so few buses it could still likely be a loan of buses instead of an actual reassignment. 

Looks like C did give up some buses. I just saw C's 1928 on #49B.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Well it may not be far from the truth. The #700's could just continue with #702 and they could be wrapped the same although i' m itching to see an Xcelsior in cta livery.

Which was the procurement reason I knew it was fake. There hasn't been a solicitation yet, and one would be required. Just as good of odds that it would be Proterra.

In short, we're 25% into the year and something else that should have happened by now didn't.

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

Which was the procurement reason I knew it was fake. There hasn't been a solicitation yet, and one would be required. Just as good of odds that it would be Proterra.

In short, we're 25% into the year and something else that should have happened by now didn't.

Proterra may put in a bid for the next order of all-electric buses, but they would probably be the highest priced bus, at 1.25 million/bus. New Flyer came in at 1.1 million/bus, and Nova Bus is probably around the same as New Flyer for their LFE.

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

That's all New Flyer currently has in 40' and 60' buses now. But, the only way we'll be getting funding in the future for any transit projects is if Illinois funds the project(s) 100% if we get cut off from Federal Transit Funding by a certain individual because we are a "Sanctuary City".

9 hours ago, dann said:

Looks like C did give up some buses. I just saw C's 1928 on #49B.

Thinking back on it, it does kind of make sense in that C has been overstacked a bit with buses for quite a well since at least the point it first got 7900 series Novas. Its purging of artics at the start of the previous winter pick didn't really alleviate that issue. 

20 hours ago, sw4400 said:

Proterra may put in a bid for the next order of all-electric buses, but they would probably be the highest priced bus, at 1.25 million/bus. New Flyer came in at 1.1 million/bus, and Nova Bus is probably around the same as New Flyer for their LFE.

You don't know what they are going to bid. Supposedly the cost went down. Proterra claims that the savings cover the lease payment.

20 hours ago, sw4400 said:

if we get cut off from Federal Transit Funding by a certain individual because we are a "Sanctuary City".

Again, you have misread the fascist. The only statement was about law enforcement grants, which would be counterproductive if he is going to take care of what is going on in Chicago. He is in favor of billions in infrastructure, although he thinks it will be PPP.

BTW, the same series of CMAQ grants is being used to install new traffic signals on Dundee Road as we speak. So, I don't know what's holding CTA up.