More Bus Moves

sw4400

17 hours ago, Busjack said:

Masked racoon hauled away from the Cermak-Chinatown station.“He was hanging out right under the sign for the stop and a sign that says: ‘Stay off the tracks because of high voltage'.” Did not say if he intended to burglarize the Ventra machine, nor if Slylock Fox was called out.

He was looking for the train headed to the Dan Ryan woods. Lol!!

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

He was looking for the train headed to the Dan Ryan woods. Lol!!

Should have been on an Orange Line platform. What made him think they would let him on the #87 bus?

12 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Should have been on an Orange Line platform. What made him think they would let him on the #87 bus?

He could have just caught the blue line to rosemont and he would have been happy but hopefully he practiced his frogger ability. That trip across the highway might take him to a whole new world otherwise.

• Upvote 1

On 5/2/2018 at 7:43 PM, Aiden Tabucic said:

Quick Question....Does Anyone Know Why 1767 1778 1916 Are working forest glen routes do you think North Park Gave Up 3 Of Theirs 

I note that you didn't mention the FG routes that you observed them on. If they were say the 56 or the 152, the other explanation also could be that you observed a few school trips that NP does of FG routes to help with high school crowds along those respective routes.

Edited by jajuan
mistype/spelling error

7 hours ago, jajuan said:

I note that you didn't mention the FG routes that you observed them on. If they were say the 56 or the 152, the other explanation also could be that you observed a few school trips that NP odes of FG routes to help with high school crowds along those respective routes.

Those 3 were working Route 91 Austin 68 Northwest Highway And One was working 81 Lawrence 

4 hours ago, jajuan said:

Sounds like FG has been short which wouldn't be so surprising given it's still in possession of roughly 100 6400s still that are beyond retirement age. 

Rumor is they are suppose to get rid of all of the 6400’s by the end of the year when the new 25 8200’s come in

1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Rumor is they are suppose to get rid of all of the 6400’s by the end of the year when the new 25 8200’s come in

Bad rumor. 103-25=?

Even 103-25-21 electric buses=?

Tell us your source.

8 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Still don’t know lol 

It's subtraction man. Geez. He's asking you 25 subtracted from RTA's last official count of 103 for the number of 6400's CTA has remaining comes out to be. His larger point is the combined total of the electrics and buses 8325 though 8349 is not even close to being enough buses needed to knock out the remaining 6400s even after accounting for the smaller spare ratio of the new buses compared against the spare ratio for the 6400s. So like he pointed out, you heard a bad rumor.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

It's subtraction man. Geez. He's asking you 25 subtracted from RTA's last official count of 103 for the number of 6400's CTA has remaining comes out to be. His larger point is the combined total of the electrics and buses 8325 though 8349 is not even close to being enough buses needed to knock out the remaining 6400s even after accounting for the smaller spare ratio of the new buses compared against the spare ratio for the 6400s. So like he pointed out, you heard a bad rumor.

Bad rumor from who

43 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

My source is my uncle that’s works for Cta buddy ?

It's a rumor, so getting it from someone, even if they are in the company, doesn't back anything up. And I'm sure the rest of us forum members don't even know who your uncle is, so for all we know, he could work for the CTA, but as something completely irrelevant. Similar to people on Airliners.net convinced that airlines are getting new planes, but their "source" is a pilot rumor. I suggest a quick read of the community guidelines, which has a bullet point concerning sources, instead of posting emojis.

• Upvote 3

On 5/5/2018 at 11:29 AM, BusHunter said:

He could have just caught the blue line to rosemont and he would have been happy but hopefully he practiced his frogger ability. That trip across the highway might take him to a whole new world otherwise.

Unless he knows about the tunnel underneath the highway.

Wasn't there an incident involving a deer on the Blue Line tracks around Cumberland a few years back?

43 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

It's a rumor, so getting it from someone, even if they are in the company, doesn't back anything up. And I'm sure the rest of us forum members don't even know who your uncle is, so for all we know, he could work for the CTA, but as something completely irrelevant. Similar to people on Airliners.net convinced that airlines are getting new planes, but their "source" is a pilot rumor. I suggest a quick read of the community guidelines, which has a bullet point concerning sources, instead of posting emojis.

I'll add to that, that while CTA has pulled some stuff, like Huberman lying about the 150 articulated buses replacing 6000s instead of the intent to pull the NABIs, later revealed by Rodriguez, CTA has been more transparent lately, including stating in the CMAQ request that the electric buses would replace 17 year old high emissions buses, so at least some of the 6400s are going to survive until then. 

By my prior arithmetic, and even assuming 8 fewer buses due to the North Shore plan being implemented in late 2018 and mid 2019, and if the full solicitation for about 40 electric  buses is exercised, CTA would still be a bit short.