More Bus Moves

sw4400

9 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Is there anyway to track buses by their run numbers 

The data from the bustracker doesn't seem to include it.

While the run numbers on TransSee may not be accurate, but they are probably consistent from day to day. For example if you are an operator waiting for their run, you can find the TransSee run number once and you can keep using it until at least the next schedule change.

TransSee can also be used to find one or more buses by fleet number: https://www.transsee.ca/fleetfind?a=cta&q=1810-1820&Go=Go and then you can use it to see how long it will take to arrive where you are.

3 hours ago, doconnor said:

The data from the bustracker doesn't seem to include it.

While the run numbers on TransSee may not be accurate, but they are probably consistent from day to day. For example if you are an operator waiting for their run, you can find the TransSee run number once and you can keep using it until at least the next schedule change.

TransSee can also be used to find one or more buses by fleet number: https://www.transsee.ca/fleetfind?a=cta&q=1810-1820&Go=Go and then you can use it to see how long it will take to arrive where you are.

I can’t find the run number the bus is using 

1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

That’s the Block ID

Yes, it is the tablockid. At first I thought it was the run number because it formatting is similar to the TTC run number "28_1_10". I have left it in there because I thought it might be useful to someone.

The block id and trip id from the ctabustracker doesn't match the values from the GTFS schedule like one would expect. This reduces the functionality of TransSee compared to other major transit agencies it supports.

On 3/31/2018 at 8:40 AM, doconnor said:

Yes, it is the tablockid. At first I thought it was the run number because it formatting is similar to the TTC run number "28_1_10". I have left it in there because I thought it might be useful to someone.

The block id and trip id from the ctabustracker doesn't match the values from the GTFS schedule like one would expect. This reduces the functionality of TransSee compared to other major transit agencies it supports.

The same came up with @maths22 tracker, and since they all use the CTA API are only going to have the data that CTA exposes. There was a time when the supervisors' version of BusTracker was visible, which showed run and badge numbers, but that lasted about 2 days.

If CTA doesn't put out the data, no third party app has it.

2 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

A few tweaks over the Easter weekend:

74th gained four buses: 1026 and 1027 from 103rd and 1366 and 1367 from Chicago. All other bus assignments remain the same as the week before.

It’s funny because 1026 and 1027 were given to 103rd and then gained back I wish FG got some flyers I want more of the 1100 buses and 1400’s at FG 

On 4/2/2018 at 9:13 PM, YoungBusLover said:

I don't know why I feel #1366 and #1367 will go to 77th for some odd reason.

21 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

I have feelings 1000-1004 will go back to Chicago from FG I love those buses they are good running. 

While anything is possible, I suspect the both of you will have to wait till June at the next pick change to find out if your wishlist suppositions happen or not. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

While anything is possible, I suspect the both of you will have to wait till June at the next pick change to find out if your wishlist suppositions happen or not. 

I’m hoping FG Gets more Flyers we need em bad because we are the lowest stock on them every garage has over 100 flyers but FG Has 65 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

I’m hoping FG Gets more Flyers we need em bad because we are the lowest stock on them every garage has over 100 flyers but FG Has 65 

More of what's remaining out of the 6400s would have to be retired for that to occur. FG is likely going to stay stuck at 65 NFs so long as it still has 100 6400s series Novas. And the CTA bus operations division has shown it wants the 6400s no where else. Remember what you move from somewhere else has to be replaced by something different. And CTA isn't just going to take NFs from other garages without those garages having them replaced by different buses.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jajuan said:

More of what's remaining out of the 6400s would have to be retired for that to occur. FG is likely going to stay stuck at 65 NFs so long as it still has 100 6400s series Novas. And the CTA bus operations division has shown it wants the 6400s no where else. Remember what you move from somewhere else has to be replaced by something different. And CTA isn't just going to take NFs from other garages without those garages having them replaced by different buses.

Yes, and for that reason, nothing is going to happen at FG (except token moves to take care of emergency situations) until the 8325s and electric buses show up. Unless the other garages figure out some way to use the artics more effectively, there aren't buses free to move.

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Honestly When are the 8325’s coming and the electrics