More Bus Moves

sw4400

Usually now if someone requests that the picture being taken down like the author you have to abide by it. Someone shouldnt put there pictures on the net at all if they didnt intend to share them. Even with protections in place like sites that dont let you download the picture there are ways to get around that. Only way to really protect it is make it friends only like on Facebook. 

They have cease and desist orders I've heard about on the other site but basically if you cease no problem. 

As far as me it's useless to fight about my info, my decision was made to share it when I posted it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sw4400 said:

I took an Ashland bus today, and rung the bell to get off at the next stop. The driver did not stop but continued on. When the bus got to the next stop, I noticed the driver with their arm on the farebox looking down to the right with their eyes closed. When the light turned green, the bus sat for a moment before the driver woke up and drove to the stop to let me off, one stop after my request. I called the 74th Garage Manager to report it, as it is a serious safety violation, and gave them the Bus # and direction the bus was going.

Now I realize that this may cause the driver to be suspended or lose their job, but I believe I did the right thing for the safety of the motorists, passengers and driver. Do you agree, or was I wrong in calling the 74th St. Garage Manager?

I will keep the Bus Number and Operator's gender anonymous here.

I'm hot sure, though I see your point.  The chimes for a requested stop and street announcements are close enough that drivers can mistake one for the other.  I've witnessed that many times.  

The other possibility is that the driver might have been a couple of minutes early and sat at the light to get back on schedule and closed his eyes while waiting.  The question is whether he had parking brake on or dud he have bus in gear with foot on the brake?  If the latter, definitely a safety issue.

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I'm hot sure, though I see your point.  The chimes for a requested stop and street announcements are close enough that drivers can mistake one for the other.  I've witnessed that many times.  

The other possibility is that the driver might have been a couple of minutes early and sat at the light to get back on schedule and closed his eyes while waiting.  The question is whether he had parking brake on or dud he have bus in gear with foot on the brake?  If the latter, definitely a safety issue.

I rang the bell a block before my stop. As far as being early, the operator was in the middle of the street waiting for a green light behind some cars. The operator did not have their foot on the brake. The buses now, starting with the Novas(6400's) to present have a sort of safety brake lock where once you get the bus to a complete stop, you can remove your foot from the brake, and the bus will remain in place. When you tap the accelerator, the bus will make a hiss as the brakes are released, followed by a spit of the braking system and the bus will begin to move forward. But a short red light is nowhere to take a power nap, and if the driver was that fatigued, call it a day. That's a safety violation. This could easily happen if the operator dozes while driving...

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20121221/avondale/cta-bus-driver-passes-out-crashes-into-parked-cars#slide-1

55 minutes ago, garmon757 said:

I just can't right now...... By the way, #5051-52 will be OOS for quite a while after just coming back from a long term hold.

IMG_0716.PNG

I saw that too. I wasn’t expecting the undercarriage to be bent up so severely, but it is. Similar to that set of 5000s that had an accident on the Yellow Line.

43 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I saw that too. I wasn’t expecting the undercarriage to be bent up so severely, but it is. Similar to that set of 5000s that had an accident on the Yellow Line.

But the CTA spokesmodel said it wasn't that bad.B|

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

But the CTA spokesmodel said it wasn't that bad.B|

Yeah well #3435-36 wasn't that bad either!! 9_9 Undercarriages are bad things to hit. If the car is structurally impacted well it's time to say goodbye. Maybe the fact that it's a #5000 will help it. If it was a #2600 though they would probably say why bother with it?

• 2 weeks later...

I was on Google Earth and I came across this.

See for yourself.

5a1a1069e12d0_ScreenShot2017-11-25at6_52_15PM.thumb.png.6f1759ccd08fb11e2450efae2d348277.png

Apparently the "Google Street View" Vans came at just the right time to capture what was apparently a Gas Leak that halted CTA Trains.

I just found this interesting, thought I share it since this is "Random CTA"

(This is located in the Southern Loop, on Harrison St.)
(Elevated Tracks serve the Green and Orange Lines before going into the 'Loop')

7 hours ago, TransitXan17 said:

I was on Google Earth and I came across this.

See for yourself.

5a1a1069e12d0_ScreenShot2017-11-25at6_52_15PM.thumb.png.6f1759ccd08fb11e2450efae2d348277.png

Apparently the "Google Street View" Vans came at just the right time to capture what was apparently a Gas Leak that halted CTA Trains.

I just found this interesting, thought I share it since this is "Random CTA"

(This is located in the Southern Loop, on Harrison St.)
(Elevated Tracks serve the Green and Orange Lines before going into the 'Loop')

Looks more like they are shooting a movie or TV show, maybe "Chicago Fire"? The news van is a dead giveaway, there is no such thing as WNMZ Channel 8 News.

7 hours ago, jesi2282 said:

Looks more like they are shooting a movie or TV show, maybe "Chicago Fire"? The news van is a dead giveaway, there is no such thing as WNMZ Channel 8 News.

I agree with this. If you zoom in, there is some twisted metal in front of the gray pickup, as if a building had collapsed. Plus there is a lot of "smoke" in the air.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:04 AM, TaylorTank1229 said:

Just a quick question, has anyone here ever seen, rode, or operated a 1983 Flyer D901A? I remember being on it once back in like 2002, I remember it was running on the #93 when I did.

http://www.hopetunnel.org/bus/040310/wb3.jpg

1D34EDE5-FF68-43E6-8555-31F85123CC3C.jpeg

I rode them early in their service on I believe the #126 during final months when that route was assigned to North Avenue Garage while Kedzie was being rebuilt. I didn't ride them again until the early 1990s, first when I lived on the far west side during high school when I rode them on the #85 and #91 during their first assignment to Forest Glen and then again in 1994 (following a year living downstate) after Limits closed and many of the Limits routes and runs went to Kedzie along with some Limits assigned Flyers. I also rode them on the #49 in the brief time that Flyers were at Archer after the Fishbowls at Archer got retired or reassigned in the summer pick that 69th Garage closed and 74th simultaneously opened as its replacement as part of bus pick changes that saw 49 going to Archer in that pick.

On 11/7/2017 at 4:14 PM, YoungBusLover said:

#8107 is on the 9 right now.

I wonder if it's from a similar situation to what Mr CTA85 mentioned happened one time when he was assigned to 74th where a bus on Ashland broke down during the PM rush and the closest available replacement  to maintain service was at Chicago Garage since the 9/X9 is all NOVA because the 1000s weren't TSP equipped yet upon the city making traffic signals on Ashland TSP ready and all 7900s in the system are TSP equipped. 

Since when BustRacker errs, it is usually there is a bus on the route but it is not being displayed; you would think this would be the method that when TrainTracker errs, it would omit a train in service.

So how does the Authority explain this display? bdfecf4c47dd.jpg The station, date, and time are all accurate. Where does it think those trains are coming from? O.o 

19 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

Since when BustRacker errs, it is usually there is a bus on the route but it is not being displayed; you would think this would be the method that when TrainTracker errs, it would omit a train in service.

So how does the Authority explain this display? bdfecf4c47dd.jpg The station, date, and time are all accurate. Where does it think those trains are coming from? O.o 

It's hard for us to know so long as you keep using that Russian site that initiates endless popups to share your pictures.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jajuan said:

It's hard for us to know so long as you keep using that Russian site that initiates endless popups to share your pictures.

Opened the site with a browser with AdBlock Plus to be safe. Noticed you can't make the picture larger by clicking on it, it downloads it onto your computer. ¬¬

I and many people appreciate your input as the site looks totally shady. Endless popups are a pain to deal with, and I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.

19 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

No idea, but I've seen a similar sign at Clark/Lake that thought it was mounted at a north side Red Line station. As far as I know, the system is still technically a beta.

And you are more than welcome to add pictures on your posts using the upload feature, provided that they are pictures taken/created by you. It makes it easier for other forum members to access them without any issues.