More Bus Moves

sw4400

6 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

This is Ride Chicago or Ride Chicago Pro (with Pace and Metra)

Looks like only Android (at least from the link on the CTA page). Probably something else on the CTA page that he can select for iOS.

Also, the comments on the Google Play page indicate it really doesn't work for Pace.

7 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Looks like only Android (at least from the link on the CTA page).

Also, the comments on the Google Play page indicate it really doesn't work on Pace.

There is always a problem with Pace on any of these! They provide both Arrival and Departure times from each stop. Obviously in most cases these are the same but at termini and major timing points such as Oakbrook where the buses wait for several minutes they are not.

I have both - the free one has Pace arrivals only and no Metra. The Plus one (I think it was $1 to buy) has both arrivals and departures for Pace and schedules for Metra.

I also use QuickTrack Chicago which is better for Metra (realtime) and now shows the departures for Pace by default for each stop.

23 minutes ago, busfan2847 said:

There is always a problem with Pace on any of these!

The problem with Pace is the one discussed before: CTA discloses its API, but Pace does not. Only public data are the schedules and bus stops.

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#2024 is on Rt.67 this morning, that is the strangest thing I've seen in a long time.

Screenshot_20180605-110930.png49

Getting somewhat back on topic, hasn't been the first time in recent weeks that 74th was short. A few 1060s and 1150s from 103rd filled in 74th runs on the 49/X49 about two to three weeks ago. Here's another interesting sighting. 74th Garage appears to be operating the 130 today per 8018 and 1455 being on the route today when Kedzie was just running the route with artics as late as last Thursday and Friday. 

Spotted 8092 this afternoon  on the 130.  Even stranger was the trip was operated by 74th with the run number beginning with a 6.  Confirmed by jajuan's post preceding this one.

I wonder if some of the shuffling is related to CTA supplementing bus terminal service at O'Hare which started Thursday.  I noted there were  at least 2 or 3 attics at Terminal 5 then.i spotted one artic heading to the core terminals but couldn't get the bus number. There were also 40'buses there also.

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Spotted 8092 this afternoon  on the 130.  Even stranger was the trip was operated by 74th with the run number beginning with a 6.  Confirmed by jajuan's post preceding this one.

I wonder if some of the shuffling is related to CTA supplementing bus terminal service at O'Hare which started Thursday.  I noted there were  at least 2 or 3 attics at Terminal 5 then.i spotted one artic heading to the core terminals but couldn't get the bus number. There were also 40'buses there also.

That is a rare sight seeing CTA buses that far northwest at least for me but seeing 74th's buses operating on Rt.130 is even more rare to say the least. But back to #2024 isn't that apart of Kedzie roster or Chicago's?

That is a rare sight seeing CTA buses that far northwest at least for me but seeing 74th's buses operating on Rt.130 is even more rare to say the least. But back to #2024 isn't that apart of Kedzie roster or Chicago's?

2024 is a Chicago garage bus.

15 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I was at the airport and saw them picking up at terminal 1. Newer 8200s. I thought it was because the blue line service has been poor lately. There's been a lot of mechanical delays in the last week. Thought maybe it was just another line cut.

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I was at the airport and saw them picking up at terminal 1. Newer 8200s. I thought it was because the blue line service has been poor lately. There's been a lot of mechanical delays in the last week. Thought maybe it was just another line cut.

If CTA were to run Rosemont to ORD shuttle service. I think wisdom would have the airport pickup and dropoff point at the Bus Shuttle Center which is closest to the CTA  station.

Manuevring around the upper level at the airport is a nightmare specially with Uber and  Lyft drivers clogging the terminals. 

15 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I saw 1306 on route 55 about a hr ago heading westbound to Lake Park. Not sure what's going on at 74th.

I saw #1421 around 2:30 AM heading Northbound on western with a lot mechanical equipment inside and two goodyear tires. I know it was probably just standard night operations but it was still strange to see.

On 6/6/2018 at 8:29 AM, BusHunter said:

On 6/6/2018 at 2:05 PM, artthouwill said:

If CTA were to run Rosemont to ORD shuttle service. I think wisdom would have the airport pickup and dropoff point at the Bus Shuttle Center which is closest to the CTA  station.

Manuevring around the upper level at the airport is a nightmare specially with Uber and  Lyft drivers clogging the terminals. 

ATS shut down Monday 5am - Saturday 5am from June 4, 2018 through the winter season.

It's really going to be bad for a while getting around O'Hare:

https://www.flychicago.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/O'Hare/ServicesAmenities/ATS/ATS_June3 Map.pdf

Although it says airport transit buses, I remember reading elsewhere (and saw) that CTA buses would be provided while the ATS is shut down.

The arctics were staging after Terminal 3 departures in the right lane. When I went by yesterday, the last arctic was parked with the swing-out blocking all but the left most departure exit lanes, causing a huge backup for everyone else to get out of that level. I remember seeing 2 CTA arctics in use on the departure level and 3-4 parked in the staging area. I'll try to get a picture next time I go through.

Edited by jtrosario
Added quotes