More Bus Moves

sw4400

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Same thing as I said before, maintenance is the reason or along those lines of something else. Also sometimes buses end up going ghost for days at a time on bus tracker so there can be several factors that play a role. Nothing much to worry about.

Honestly good point but I’m more of thinking it’s in maintenance along with 1592

20 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

1033 still has “3” Along With 1028 and 1032 idk about 1029 1031 

4D547A60-DF40-4EF1-A5C1-D83AA379EDF0.jpeg

This is no surprise. There are plenty of instances across the system of newly transferred buses sporting the garage sticker of their previously assigned garage for at least a couple of weeks before the new garage finally swaps the stickers. 

2 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

1030 has no sticker 

Okay but we weren't talking about 1030 in that instant. We were speaking on 1028, 1032 and 1033 which you mentioned still had the "3" stickers from having just been at 103rd before the move to FG. 

5 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Do you guys think 1379-1386 will ever make a trip back to FG or did 1028-1033 replace them 

Only speculating, but based on end-of-summer moves over the past few years, FG will probably get a few "loaners" back from C; may or may not be the 1300s that migrated there recently. 103 will probably need a few back for their school runs, but I doubt that FG would be the sending barn. More likely sources: C or 74th. Educated guess: 1028-33 will probably stay at FG.

It doesn't look as if the CTA is concerned about preserving the numerical blocks anymore; didn't really make much sense to begin with.

7 hours ago, wordguy said:

Only speculating, but based on end-of-summer moves over the past few years, FG will probably get a few "loaners" back from C; may or may not be the 1300s that migrated there recently. 103 will probably need a few back for their school runs, but I doubt that FG would be the sending barn. More likely sources: C or 74th. Educated guess: 1028-33 will probably stay at FG.

It doesn't look as if the CTA is concerned about preserving the numerical blocks anymore; didn't really make much sense to begin with.

Idk why they all want flyers from FG like why can’t they pick them from C or NP Especially K because they have 184 40ft flyers 

17 hours ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Idk why they all want flyers from FG like why can’t they pick them from C or NP Especially K because they have 184 40ft flyers 

FG can evidently spare a few during the summer months, unlike the other barns you cited.

11 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

If we're pointing out what should have been proofread before production, here is the bus terminus layout sticker at the Midway Orange Line

If one wants to get technical, 379 isn't express.

However, this is still an advance from when CTA had posted on its website "to get to Toyota Park, use another carrier."

1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

Why Can’t Chicago Garage Use it’s buses to cover 66 Chicago Route FG lended half of its 8300’s for the day to C 

Stuff going on at Navy Pier. I assume you don't want to get home from the fireworks at 3:17 a.m.

Press Release.

On 7/4/2018 at 5:19 PM, Aiden Tabucic said:

Why Can’t Chicago Garage Use it’s buses to cover 66 Chicago Route FG lended half of its 8300’s for the day to C 

The 8300’s were not loaned to Chicago for the 4th of July. FG was helping out Chicago for the heavy passenger load. FG operators, FG buses, all pulled out of FG to start Route 66. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ThirdRailVision said:

image.png.3b1b571c09abdc6c8fbaa05affda98c6.pngimage.png.4871734e0fdb2325f5e1c6445aa0dd0f.png   

Anyone know what series railcar this is from? I see "2600 ok 12-98" but it doesn't look like the ones currently installed in the 2600-series.

My guess is that it was removed during the major 2600 rehab around that time. Toggle switches worked out better than the push buttons like on this unit.

33 minutes ago, ThirdRailVision said:

image.png.3b1b571c09abdc6c8fbaa05affda98c6.pngimage.png.4871734e0fdb2325f5e1c6445aa0dd0f.png   

Anyone know what series railcar this is from? I see "2600 ok 12-98" but it doesn't look like the ones currently installed in the 2600-series.

Definitely a 2600 series railcar before the rehabs.  I believe they  are  the only series to have the push button door controls.  I believe  12_98 is the date of this particular railcar's rehab as the series original manufacturing dates are from 1981 through 1987.