More Bus Moves

sw4400

On 8/5/2018 at 12:14 AM, Aiden Tabucic said:

1379 still has “F” Sticker So there is a good chance FG will get 1379-1386 back in the fall 

Possibly BUT one of the big things to remember, NOTHING is a true indication of where a bus or what gets assigned where.  Especially stickers which have been known to be left on a bus for 2-3 whole picks at a time before the correct one is replaced. Theres many more things that play into a bus trade besides summer or winter drawing demand to a certain area.  Sometimes garages trade to even wear and tear since some operate heavier loads than others that kind of thing. 

@Busjack@artthouwill Looks like inconsistencies with signs are being ironed out.  The "Howard Red Line" reading is gone and replaced with "Howard L STN" on NB 22 and 147 buses.  I think that was the last of it now that 145 is tied into 146  unless you count the 62 to "Harlem" which is actually Neva....  I can see these being updated next as 65 now shows "Nordica" (I don't know about 74)

2 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

@Busjack@artthouwill Looks like inconsistencies with signs are being ironed out.  The "Howard Red Line" reading is gone and replaced with "Howard L STN" on NB 22 and 147 buses.  I think that was the last of it now that 145 is tied into 146 

Inconsistencies to still be ironed out:

1.  Some Mr CTA announcements like "This is a Pink Line train to the Loop" and "This is an Orange Line train to Downtown."

2.  20 Madison to Millenium Park and the 56 Milwaukee to Michigan/Washington.   Both routes  terminate at the same place ( at least  during off peak periods).

3.  All Cottage Grove bound trains announce "This is a Green  Line train to 63rd and Cottage Grove" at all stations except Cermak/McCormick where you get "This is a Green Line train to Cottage Grove."

Now that the 6400s are all relegated to FG, we won't see anymore 8 Halsted to Waveland or 9 Ashland to Vincennes/103rd, which differed from 8 Halsted to Broadway and 9 Ashland to Beverly/103rd on the New Flyers and the 7900 series Novas.  Are there any discrepancies on any FG signage?

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

@Busjack@artthouwill Looks like inconsistencies with signs are being ironed out.  The "Howard Red Line" reading is gone and replaced with "Howard L STN" on NB 22 and 147 buses.  I think that was the last of it now that 145 is tied into 146  unless you count the 62 to "Harlem" which is actually Neva....  I can see these being updated next as 65 now shows "Nordica" (I don't know about 74)

Your point is slightly different from the one I was making in this context, which was  that according to some posts, dead routes such as 90N and 145 were not purged.

It makes sense that northbound  riders on 22 and 147 are not going to the Red Line. By the same token, there seemed to be similar  confusion westbound between Midway Station and Orange Line. This also appears to explain why the sign is 29 State-95th and not 29 95th-Red Line.

15 hours ago, Busjack said:

Your point is slightly different from the one I was making in this context, which was  that according to some posts, dead routes such as 90N and 145 were not purged.

It makes sense that northbound  riders on 22 and 147 are not going to the Red Line. By the same token, there seemed to be similar  confusion westbound between Midway Station and Orange Line. This also appears to explain why the sign is 29 State-95th and not 29 95th-Red Line.

I thought they arranged signs like "29 State-95th", "8 Halsted-79th", "9 Ashland-95th" to prevent having to flip signs or am I reading your statement wrong?

23 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I thought they arranged signs like "29 State-95th", "8 Halsted-79th", "9 Ashland-95th" to prevent having to flip signs or am I reading your statement wrong?

I wasn't saying anything about that. My point was that however it was flipped, it didn't read 29 State|29 95th RED LINE (if I oversimplified my prior example), even though it pulls into the station.

On 8/22/2018 at 7:51 PM, Sam92 said:

Not all "HOWARD RED LINE" readings are gone from the 22 and the 147. The owl trips on the 22 all say "HOWARD L STN", but some daytime buses still show the old reading. A number of the NB 147 buses have also still been saying "HOWARD RED LINE" as well along with NB 147 buses that have the "HOWARD L STN" reading. As for the other post that mentioned the 74's WB destination readings, that route has been sporting "74 to NORDICA" readings for a while now.