More Bus Moves

sw4400

11 hours ago, geneking7320 said:

Hi Folks;

My friend told me he boarded a Loop bound Pink Line train at the Kedzie Green Line station this past Wednesday during the AM rush. He alighted at Clark and Lake and called

me at 7:45am. Was CTA doing some interlining? I've read about Brownage trains but this is the first I've heard of this. Any ideas?

Odd, but possibly a train transferring cars from Green Line to Pink.  The only way to do that from Harlem is to run through the Loop and back out as a Pink Line.  Since there aren't any  more Loop Green Line signs (from the Dan Ryan Red Line rebuild),  had to use Pink Line signage to indicate it was only going to the Loop.

A precedent was when the Blue Line was shut down between Clark/Lake and Western Blue Line on weekends.  The trains from O'Hare used the Pink Line Loop signs even though those trains were terminating at Western on the O'Hare branch. Likewise for Forest Park trains heading downtown.

However, I would think that CTA would have a generic Downtown or Loop sign to use for any route or program one for the three thru routes for any oddities such as this one.

• Upvote 1

How come the garages don’t assign the new flyer 1000s in numerical order, for example, Forest glen gets 1000-1100, then 103rd 1100-1199, then so on in order? Why is it mixed up at the garages? Kind of like how cta distributed the bombardier 5000s, the pink and green line got the first like 200 and the red, purple and yellow lines got the rest of the order but everything is still distributed numerically. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Manny018 said:

How come the garages don’t assign the new flyer 1000s in numerical order, for example, Forest glen gets 1000-1100, then 103rd 1100-1199, then so on in order? Why is it mixed up at the garages? Kind of like how cta distributed the bombardier 5000s, the pink and green line got the first like 200 and the red, purple and yellow lines got the rest of the order but everything is still distributed numerically. 

Gotta balance the wear and tear at some point especially as far as the flyers are concerned. With 1000+ buses having been delivered over the course of 2-3 years some of them had quite a few miles on them before their later members  even hit the street. 

23 hours ago, BusHunter said:

BTW, I updated the cta bus roster last night. I can't seem to find the direct link but I have a link in my signature. Anything else need updating? I heard #4077-79 went to NP???

Looks great, BH.

Just a couple of minor tweaks:

4196 & 4197 migrated from 103 to Kedzie last fall.

6755 & 6758, AFAIK, are still operating. However, someone recently mentioned that several other old Novas haven't been spotted for a while. (Maybe it was you, I'm not sure.) That might explain the recent transfer of 1800-03 from C to FG. Just a guess --- I have no inside info.

Incidentally, 4075-79 were reassigned from C to NP when C lost its artics.

15 hours ago, wordguy said:

Looks great, BH.

Just a couple of minor tweaks:

4196 & 4197 migrated from 103 to Kedzie last fall.

6755 & 6758, AFAIK, are still operating. However, someone recently mentioned that several other old Novas haven't been spotted for a while. (Maybe it was you, I'm not sure.) That might explain the recent transfer of 1800-03 from C to FG. Just a guess --- I have no inside info.

Incidentally, 4075-79 were reassigned from C to NP when C lost its artics.

4197 along with 4198-4207 is at kedzie correct the roster also for 77th you put1193-1304 and for 103rd you put 1034-1194

58 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

4197 along with 4198-4207 is at kedzie correct the roster also for 77th you put1193-1304 and for 103rd you put 1034-1194

Seems you should offer to help if a bus or two off bugs you that much or seek the actual roster from cta themselves ???

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

I agree with Sam92. BusHunter and anyone else who contribute to the roster do the best they can, and in my opinion saying “you did this wrong” or “you didn’t put this bus there” is just a slap in the face to the many contributors who make this thread work. @BusHunter has earned and deserves his forum name, he has photos upon photos pertaining to the CTA, he’s even gotten behind the scenes shots at the CTA Skokie Shops (of which I am incredibly jealous of). Personally I think he deserves more than “put this bus here in this list where I think it belongs”.

• Upvote 2

I just 

3 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I agree with Sam92. BusHunter and anyone else who contribute to the roster do the best they can, and in my opinion saying “you did this wrong” or “you didn’t put this bus there” is just a slap in the face to the many contributors who make this thread work. @BusHunter has earned and deserves his forum name, he has photos upon photos pertaining to the CTA, he’s even gotten behind the scenes shots at the CTA Skokie Shops (of which I am incredibly jealous of). Personally I think he deserves more than “put this bus here in this list where I think it belongs”.

I just had to give you an upvote here!! LOL Yes it is a lot of work but I'm not insulted by anyone's comments. I illustrated how you could enter Skokie shops on an open house day. There's nothing to be jealous of. CTA staff is an incredibly friendly community. They will welcome you with open arms believe me. We are all here for basically the same reasons we are fans and that makes you part of the community as far as im concerned. 

On 8/5/2018 at 12:14 AM, Aiden Tabucic said:

1379 still has “F” Sticker So there is a good chance FG will get 1379-1386 back in the fall 

Reading CTA windshield stickers seems to me like reading tea leaves. I'm not sure that fortune-tellers have that great a track record predicting the future.